Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa pull undefendable?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
BeautfulToad

Re: Choppa pull undefendable?

Post#31 » Tue May 07, 2019 2:50 pm

It is randomised, I believe, everyone within a few feet have a chance of being pulled. Mara have a better one (although it may be easier to disrupt/block?) and I think a lot of players think the choppa pull is unreliable or unnecessary. These are direct mirrors of the pounce stuff order have in their mdps, which are probably more useful on the whole.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#32 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:58 pm

There seems to be a lot of people who want Slayer/Choppa to be exact mirrors. I don’t know why these two are so contentious but there is really no better argument to exactly mirror them than anything else.

GTDC and ID are a good example. Which is better? Really just an opinion of whether you want damage or utility. Same goes for Rampage/Keep On Choppin. Would you rather damage tanks/mdps or get AP back? Sure Rampage is better in 1v1 but in ORvR I wouldn’t mind having an AP regen in addition to a pot. But then again I think Rampage is over-hyped bc its pointless to pop it to bypass defenses that squishies don’t have when you are already slotting Flanking anways but I am sure I will get some hate for saying that. Though Keep On Choppin should be in instant buff like rampage, seems imbalanced to make it require a melee attack.

Anywho, both classes would be better served in ORvR if their resists weren’t so gimped by their mechanics, definitely makes them the weakest link. Which, as pointed out above, is not good when a Sorc/BW and Mara can bring higher raw damage without the liability. The debate centers too much on the abilities and not all of the useless tactics that are in the mastery trees.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

BeautfulToad

Post#33 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:39 pm

The idea choppas or slayers are not useful in a WB is just absolutely crazy since choppas/slayers are incredibly useful at bottlenecks, which every level has. You could die 10 times in a SC as choppa/slayer and still top the scoreboard for damage. They can single handedly win SCs with good healing.

This is possibly even more stupid than the idea that BG/IB SnBs are somehow costing destro/order victories and should forever be banished from oRVR. If you pick a good drinking buddy/dark protector, stay within range, both IB and BG are pretty good, and useful. IBs do seem to have nicer trees, however.

ORVR is nearly alwats won by the bigger army, otherwise WB/SC composition plays a role but usually comes down to a lack of tanks (doesnt really matter if they are 2handers or SnB), mdps (basically if you dont have a good frontline it does not matter what your rdps can do - they are all glass cannons), or healers on one side.

They should not be direct mirrors, and if they should be, youd need to change marauders to be exact mirrors of WLs.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Tue May 07, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xergon

Post#34 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Grunbag wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:31 pm Anyone can provide a video from live showing GTDC being defendable ?
Why are we referring to live for balance guide ?

As example take Mara and WH disarm, both need Parry to be used BUT WH's disarm does damage so u can defend it including disarm where Mara's disarm does no damage so you cannot defend it and you cannot avoid disarm coming with it.

Therefore if ability does damage you should be able to defend/avoid it BUT not only damage but full ability including any kind of CC.
Specially when ability is AoE...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Xergon

Post#35 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:05 pm

Just small example what 1 zealot can do to enemy setup/formation:

Click here to watch on YouTube
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Aurandilaz

Post#36 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:51 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:58 pm There seems to be a lot of people who want Slayer/Choppa to be exact mirrors. I don’t know why these two are so contentious but there is really no better argument to exactly mirror them than anything else.

GTDC and ID are a good example. Which is better? Really just an opinion of whether you want damage or utility. Same goes for Rampage/Keep On Choppin. Would you rather damage tanks/mdps or get AP back? Sure Rampage is better in 1v1 but in ORvR I wouldn’t mind having an AP regen in addition to a pot. But then again I think Rampage is over-hyped bc its pointless to pop it to bypass defenses that squishies don’t have when you are already slotting Flanking anways but I am sure I will get some hate for saying that. Though Keep On Choppin should be in instant buff like rampage, seems imbalanced to make it require a melee attack.

Anywho, both classes would be better served in ORvR if their resists weren’t so gimped by their mechanics, definitely makes them the weakest link. Which, as pointed out above, is not good when a Sorc/BW and Mara can bring higher raw damage without the liability. The debate centers too much on the abilities and not all of the useless tactics that are in the mastery trees.
I've tried both on Choppa lately.
Not saying one is superior to the other, but having to run a tactic against losing Rage, then going up the left tree (not going up mid tree makes your dmg proc hurt less, causing overall loss of dmg, even if minor one - but that overall drop from smaller proc adds up in longer fights).
Trying to get an enemy target at 5ft range and firing KoC can be surprisingly hard in big laggy fights where you actually need that AP. Whereas, the usual "pop a pot" approach has no such 5ft requirement, nor costs you a tactic slot.
Will probably respec away from KoC but its kinda handy in PVE which I grind too damn much.
For normal "blob fights" that last between 15-30 sec, double AP pot is seriously so much easier than getting a finisher to give you back AP. (even if you have tactic slotted + ability in Hotbar)

Yes, Rampage can be overhyped, but it is also a tool which can be very useful in right place right time. Be it 1v1, or blob fight where you land a Shatter Limbs flawlessly on all 9 targets, or keep spamming ID on whatever target you choose, since it won't be blocked nor parried. Or a well placed AoE snare on enemy tanks (and hoping it gives good snare and not weak snare randomly).

Xergon wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:02 pm

As example take Mara and WH disarm, both need Parry to be used BUT WH's disarm does damage so u can defend it including disarm where Mara's disarm does no damage so you cannot defend it and you cannot avoid disarm coming with it.

Therefore if ability does damage you should be able to defend/avoid it BUT not only damage but full ability including any kind of CC.
*cough* R a m p a g e *cough* :P

Anyway, whether GTDC is defended or not (4 completely random targets over 6sec inside 40ft radius) or Rampage OP/notOP, but SL/CH face issues regarding their wb performance compared to "less risky" picks.

Xergon

Post#37 » Tue May 07, 2019 6:27 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:51 pm

*cough* R a m p a g e *cough* :P

Anyway, whether GTDC is defended or not (4 completely random targets over 6sec inside 40ft radius) or Rampage OP/notOP, but SL/CH face issues regarding their wb performance compared to "less risky" picks.
Rampage is designed that way, and you can still remove that Enchantment from Slayer where there is no even information in either Winds or GTDC that CC part is undefendable AND those abilities were not defined to be that way.

Ofc i agree that Rampage is extremely strong for 5points mastery ability.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#38 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:06 pm

Grunbag wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:31 pm Anyone can provide a video from live showing GTDC being defendable ?

Got to da choppa have it’s own code , so it’s not that simple to make damage défendable and not pull that’s why I asked
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Warfare80

Post#39 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:23 am

Grunbag wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:06 pm

Got to da choppa have it’s own code , so it’s not that simple to make damage défendable and not pull that’s why I asked
Ok i will probably get flamed for this comment and get hit with a wave of angry destroplayers. But here we go....
Te skill is so unbalanced and if the code is hard to fix,then you should remove it until you have fixed the code.
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Nekkma

Post#40 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:34 am

Just revert the kd component of pulls. We have two different immunities for a reason. Being able to detaunt etc when beeing pulled, like you could on live, would greatly reduce the impact of pulls. It feels like choppas using the skill mainly as a form of hard cc and not as a pull anyway.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron