Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa pull undefendable?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
bulgy70
Suspended

Re: Choppa pull undefendable?

Post#21 » Mon May 06, 2019 2:59 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:40 pm
bulgy70 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:35 pm
Warfare80 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:12 pm

No this is not a crying thread,and we do not need angry trolls who are trying to start some drama. Please just stop it,and focus that attitude on something less rude.

Regards,

Warfare80
I am not trolling, i am just stateing the facts, if you don't like to hear the turth. The facts are this, Order have a better pull with the eng, and that is fact. Order have been rolling desto for 9 months, that is also fact.

Order coming in here crying over the chopper pull is very funny, when you look at what order have to what desto has,
Maybe it's about time that Destro warbands optimise their setups a la Phalanx, make use of everything they have at their disposal, stop bringing WEs and SnB BGs into their warbands, and realise the potential they have at their disposal if they would but use it?

Coming up against constant zergs is one thing; not bothering to optimise your comps is another. From observation, I have seen Destro doing their fair share of zerging, too (and I don't recall having heard you complain when the odds were in your favour).

Are the likes of Phalanx, TUP, and DnD a thing of the past now? Such a shame if that is the case.
That shows how little you know, i hate the zergs, i hate seeing and being part of it, the zerging is killing the game. Peter we all know that desto is the weaker side, you know it and all the players know it.

So here you are telling desto to stop using S&B BG's and why is that Peter? is that the BG needs some love, we all know it does, but here we are, new Sc's weapons and so on and still no love for the S&B BG to bring it in line with the IB, so why is that Peter?

This was posted months ago by the staff / Team, and yet the BG is still waiting?
Link to post viewtopic.php?f=73&t=30428#p344996

If i had seen desto rolling Order like this for this amount of time, i would be asking why and asking for a fix for it, but as you have told me before Peter, you don'y care about the pop balance in ror.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#22 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:05 pm

Destro isn't the weaker side: your WB viability is much greater as a whole than Order's; you just choose to play suboptimal comps, running with S&B BGs, ST WEs and AoE DoT-spamming Magi, instead of Sorcerers, BOs, Marauders, etc.

S&B BG should be viable for WB, as should S&B IB. Why aren't they? Who knows! Maybe there were attempts to do so in the past, and maybe these attempts fell on flat ears? Maybe 'other things' took priority? My point was that if you really wanted to maximise your chances of winning against Order, you'd reroll a BO or Chosen...but you haven't: you still do WBs with WEs and 5+ Magus players, so it seems to me that you aren't really interested in maximising your chances of winning in the current climate (because, in an ideal world, all classes would be viable for WB)

bulgy70
Suspended

Post#23 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:20 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:05 pm Destro isn't the weaker side: your WB viability is much greater as a whole than Order's; you just choose to play suboptimal comps, running with S&B BGs, ST WEs and AoE DoT-spamming Magi instead of Sorcerers, BOs, Marauders, etc.

S&B BG should be viable for WB, as should S&B IB. Why aren't they? Who knows! Maybe there were attempts to do so in the past, and maybe these attempts fell on flat ears? Maybe 'other things' took priority? My point was that if you really wanted to maximise your chances of winning against Order, you'd reroll a BO or Chosen...but you haven't: you still do WBs with WEs and 5+ Magus players, so it seems to me that you aren't really interested in maximising your chances of winning in the current climate (because, in an ideal world, all classes would be viable for WB)
This is not the time to go in to who is weaker and who is not,

A reply to why the BG has not had the love it needs to bring it inline with IB would have been nice, yet the team has had time to do other things and not had the time to look at the BG.

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:26 pm

Peter we all know that desto is the weaker side, you know it and all the players know it.
This is not the time to go in to who is weaker and who is not
:shrug:

At least we agree that BG/IB need some WB love.

roadkillrobin

Post#25 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:49 pm

The funny thing is that before Kotbs's time IB was the only tank Order ever used and Order was completly destroying Destro on all servers I played on.

wonshot

Post#26 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:54 pm

bulgy70 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:35 pm
Order coming in here crying over the chopper pull is very funny, when you look at what order have to what desto has,
At this point you will simply have to enlightend me what you think makes both the Engineer pull so much supperior over Magus Rift, that it should grant Destro-realm an other class with an argueably supperior pull to both of exsisting pulls?

Also if you truely believe that Order have better setup-variety, you need to put down your favor screwdriver back in the toolbox and see what other tools you have in there, because you didnt hit the nail on the head with it 8-)

Oh... And for the record, we wouldnt had run with an IB back when we ran warbands. We did because one guy had one, not because IB did bring anything to our warband comp. apart from an aoe snare and guardbotting. Much rather have Kobs or SMs for daaaays!
(timeframe to avoid confusion here. about 6months ago)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Aurandilaz

Post#27 » Mon May 06, 2019 4:08 pm

Whether Choppa 4 random target 40ft melee pull is defendable or not - the question remains, why even bring a Choppa. :)
I've geared mine to BiS state + almost 80, and I'm still asking myself "why am I doing this, should have brought Sorc"... :D

-mdps remain nigh useless in siege fights (can be 10-50% of warband session spent staring at castle walls, and any suicide charge at enemy oil via postern is, well, suicide)
-suicide mechanic at frontlines, even less armor than Sorc when Berserk, and dmg isn't even higher unless stars align and you get perfectly critting Bring It On (30s cd) on a pile of squishies
-pick of morales, Tantrum lel, vs M2 bomb from Sorc + Mara
-the moment your Guard is over 30ft from you, your life expectancy starts approaching zero vs any good enemy warband (in case Guard dies or is punted, Sorc can switch to ranged bombing pressure, Choppa is meanwhile dead most likely or "throw axe" stance)
-superiority of flexible ranged bomb Sorc/(Magus if pet ever stops exploding in 1 second of fight), being able to start fight from distance versus having to Charge into BW bomb with -50% resis

If the class doesn't bringer better utility than Mara/Zdps, doesn't provide consistently better dmg than Sorc nor with same ranged flexibility (kiting + keeps), nor has the survivability of Mara for surviving frontlines even slightly better against something instead of loss of resis/armor... meh
Only reason why I even bothered with Choppa gearing and trying in warbands was because playing Sorc at rr81 is damn boring when there is no next gear that makes sense getting and looking at grinding 1m+ renown for no actual reason to ding 82; is quite boring.

(inb4 Slayer also suffers - yes, I've tried playing mine bit over last weeks, maybe gearing that next, but since competition for WB dps on Order is pretty much between BW Engi Slayer - Slayer at least pretty gud Shatter Limbs which can decide a fight when properly applied to enemy healers + possibility of undefendable AoE spamming thanks to Rampage, and generally higher AoE pressure potential due to ID, with excellent synergy from SM WW as well)

kirraha

Post#28 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:44 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:26 pm
Peter we all know that desto is the weaker side, you know it and all the players know it.
This is not the time to go in to who is weaker and who is not
:shrug:

At least we agree that BG/IB need some WB love.
You have no idea how long I've been denied Wb spot in my guild. TWO YEARS! ;_;

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#29 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:31 pm

Anyone can provide a video from live showing GTDC being defendable ?
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

roadkillrobin

Post#30 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:30 pm

Grunbag wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:31 pm Anyone can provide a video from live showing GTDC being defendable ?
Pretty sure thats gonna be extremly hard to come by as almoast noone ever specced for it.
I actually think the skill was comparted of two checks. A channel dps part that hit people in range every X second. And another undefendeble channel part with extended range/or unlimited target cap, that channeled for X second and had a rng chance of something like 10% of pulling a target hit close to you. I remember seeing complety random targets being pulled in that wasn't even close to the frontline.