Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa pull undefendable?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Warfare80

Choppa pull undefendable?

Post#1 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:01 pm

I cant disrupt,parry or block it. A heavy guarded choppa just runs into our lines and wreck our lines. Destro hardly use magus anymore. I have also been pulled through walls etc but that could be lag.
Im asking for real feedback about this skill, is it bugged or working as intended?

Because now there is no counter to it and it is kinda gamechaning. A few organised WBs grouped up tonight and there was nothing order could do to counter it. Nothing.
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Ads
adamthelc

Re: Choppa pull undefendable?

Post#2 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:33 am

You definitely cant disrupt it to my knowledge. That is working as intended.

Nameless

Post#3 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:35 am

It should be possible to parry it, at least on paper. No idea if it is working properly
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Nekkma

Post#4 » Mon May 06, 2019 5:40 am

If you ask me, the bigger issue is that pulls function as hard cc. That should be reverted before further tinkering with pulls.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ysaran

Post#5 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:33 am

You can parry or block it because it counted as a melee ability. since GTDC have a midiocre damage it's often used only for the pull. if you are running away you cant parry/block since choppa is behinde you.
i play choppa for almost an year now and i'm never been able to pull ppl through walls, i think it's possible (since is possible with magus/engie) but most of the time is just lag.
GTDC is quite bugged, half of the time you pull nothing even if there are non-immune enemy in you range.
Zputadenti

Manatikik

Post#6 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:39 am

Nameless wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:35 am It should be possible to parry it, at least on paper. No idea if it is working properly
Currently it cannot be parried/dodged/disrupted.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ysaran

Post#7 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:46 am

Manatikik wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:39 am
Nameless wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:35 am It should be possible to parry it, at least on paper. No idea if it is working properly
Currently it cannot be parried/dodged/disrupted.
are you sure you cant parry it? can you give me the source?
Zputadenti

kirraha

Post#8 » Mon May 06, 2019 7:50 am

You should do some further testing if you can acually parry/block it. Make a video and post it here so rest of us can enjoy it. I myself rarely play order, so havent had a taste myself of this nastyness. And I tried it on choppa myself but never had the feeling it was that useful.

So many ppl complain on this while theres has been worse pulls from nasty engis and maguses through time. Like one nasty magus pulling ppl from third floor of the keep. Or was it me? Huhu.

And reason magus is not very popular atm is the fact the pet dies in a second in wb cause pet is not affected by aoe heals, therefor all its dps is lost every time the pet dies.

Ads
wonshot

Post#9 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:14 am

Same problem was being debated about half a year ago when Choppa pull as an issue for organized orderwarbands.

The arguement back then on the team was to see if Choppa pull was overperforming and pushing the Engineer/Magus pulls out of he role and completly overtaking it.
How about we take a look on that again, because alot of choppas came out of the woodwork with the lowered cooldown on their pull and it makes for an enviroment where you have a really strong aoe class with a nasty "break" utility. And you can stack this aoe-break by having several of the same choppas doing it.

The fact that GTTC pulls out single targets makes for perfect situations where guard and gaurded targets are getting split from eachother. Add on top of that, that order dont have many options in terms of melee dps for warband scale warfare so you are pretty much garenteed for each pull to be effective since you either isolate a frontline BW, or pull his guard away.

Compared to a Magnet pull where you walk up in the frontline as a rdps mostly ungaurded, cast your 1sec casttime (aoe presure will apply alot of setback to the cast btw) and half of the time you get a bunch of tanks pulled to your location. It is not bad, it is not great. It is just not the same easy effect of choppa pulls where 2-3 choppas can pull a warband apart before they even get into the full on clash.

Not to mention running in and out of Line of Sight at keep/fort funnels to "fish" out targets.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ysaran

Post#10 » Mon May 06, 2019 8:32 am

wonshot wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:14 am Same problem was being debated about half a year ago when Choppa pull as an issue for organized orderwarbands.

The arguement back then on the team was to see if Choppa pull was overperforming and pushing the Engineer/Magus pulls out of he role and completly overtaking it.
How about we take a look on that again, because alot of choppas came out of the woodwork with the lowered cooldown on their pull and it makes for an enviroment where you have a really strong aoe class with a nasty "break" utility. And you can stack this aoe-break by having several of the same choppas doing it.

The fact that GTTC pulls out single targets makes for perfect situations where guard and gaurded targets are getting split from eachother. Add on top of that, that order dont have many options in terms of melee dps for warband scale warfare so you are pretty much garenteed for each pull to be effective since you either isolate a frontline BW, or pull his guard away.

Compared to a Magnet pull where you walk up in the frontline as a rdps mostly ungaurded, cast your 1sec casttime (aoe presure will apply alot of setback to the cast btw) and half of the time you get a bunch of tanks pulled to your location. It is not bad, it is not great. It is just not the same easy effect of choppa pulls where 2-3 choppas can pull a warband apart before they even get into the full on clash.

Not to mention running in and out of Line of Sight at keep/fort funnels to "fish" out targets.
this is quite off topic (not sarcastic). if you want to hear every choppa of the server complaining about Rampage, ID and whataelse you should open you own post with blackjack and hookers (sarcastic).
Zputadenti