Recent Topics

Ads

Blood Lord

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Manatikik

Re: Blood Lord

Post#1 » Tue May 07, 2019 2:40 am

Lol...
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#2 » Tue May 07, 2019 4:36 am

What's laughable about that? No one is going to go full sets if the are not decent. Even going full will the bonus I propose still may not be better.

And if my 7 piece bonus is too strong how can one justify it for a weapon which doesn't even require putting on 7 pieces.

Manatikik

Post#3 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:13 am

Unstoppable1776 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:36 am What's laughable about that? No one is going to go full sets if the are not decent. Even going full will the bonus I propose still may not be better.

And if my 7 piece bonus is too strong how can one justify it for a weapon which doesn't even require putting on 7 pieces.
You realize your set would have two strength bonuses, wounds, three forms of crit increases, one kind of crit reduction, and crit damage modifier on a non-traditional dps class... And that’s just set bonuses.

How do you not realize how ridiculous that is?
<Montague><Capulet>

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#4 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:35 am

You can get most of these things by mixing. Gensis offer crit most people run 2 or 3 sets for str buff... And as far as the int and crit goes... Don't engi I have range crit and intitative debuff/buff? And with the weapon some can even get that.

So no it's not crazy I'm trying to make a full set look somewhat appealing/ unique

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#5 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:36 am

You can get most of these things by mixing. Gensis offer crit most people run 2 or 3 sets for str buff... And as far as the int and crit goes... Don't engi I have range crit and intitative debuff/buff? And with the weapon some can even get that.

So no it's not crazy I'm trying to make a full set look somewhat appealing/ unique

Musica

Post#6 » Wed May 08, 2019 1:43 am

I honestly believed this was for choppa. Only upon reading it again i saw it was for dok/wp. Lolz.
Also, upon further reading, i noticed you put in 7 bonuses. Yeah, man, 7 pieces are 6 bonuses.

But anyway, the double STR thing is bonkers on his own.
And this set looks just like OS. So, as i already tried to suggest(And it seemed to be liked) why not just make the Bloodlord set a slightly improved version of Onslaught stat wise, but that will be worth taking thanks to pieces bonuses?(Notice that Onslaught has no additional crit on the pieces themselves.)
It's already locked behind PvE progression, if you don't make it appealing there will be no point in running these.

Bonuses would look like these:

2 piece Main stat
3 piece Def stat
4 piece Second Stat/Ini/Second Def Stat
5 piece 5% crit
6 piece Boost V On Hit 10%. All abilities.
7 piece This piece is tricky. You can either just get a raw upgrade in terms of damage(+4% like on vanq) or you can get another proc(Not a debuff that's exploitable from multiple players tho like the ini debuff) that can provide something that can give only you a considerable edge.

Now, the reasons why i think Boost needs to stay on piece 6 max it's because OS will give it on 4 pieces. You can't ofc have it on the 4th piece for this set too. But at the same time, you can't have it on the 7th since it will completely negate the possibility of mixing any other set into this set, making OS still a better choice regardless of how cool the other buffs can be(And again, double main stat is really idiotic as an option).
Also, mixing only 2 sets already forces you to invest major resources into increasing main stat for softcap purposes, so that already is a big hold of how much you could spike in power.

(Btw, OP, Genesis for Crit is a lie)

Unstoppable1776
Banned

Post#7 » Wed May 08, 2019 2:41 am

Good catch yeah take out the WS bonus and slide the other bonus in appropriate spot.

4 percent DMG is a joke no one is going full set for that

Musica

Post#8 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:45 am

The "4% damage" it's actually not a joke. It has 100% uptime, applies to every damage you do and it's a further boost at the end of a set that's already heavily focused on pimping you up in the damage department.

You can't give out a def proc or bonus since if it needs to "matter" it will end up covering for the RR ranks spent in defense and removing the tradeoff.
You can't also make it a debuff since it will be amping everybody's damage against the target and, if the bonuses are the same for all classes, doing AOE would give too much of an edge to too many people.
You can't make it too good overall, because one of the main points of the devs is that they don't want to add more difference in power between fresh r40 and endgame sets.

So, there's not much you can work with.
One idea could be to make the last bonus class related. Maybe working on class mechanic or being a debuff that it's gonna be mostly used by your class, as to reduce the numbers of people benefitting from it.
I have no proper idea, or a better one right now.

P.S. This theorycraft's kinda useless. But also somewhat fun.

Ads
dalen
Developer

Post#9 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:17 am

I think putting some Block on the shoulders and 5% as the 7pc bonus would make the set work for both Wrath/Torture and Grace/Sacrifice.

Then a Wrath/Torture spec WP/DoK would combine it with Sentinel Shoulders & Ring for double Str bonuses instead of block bonus (or possibly 4pc Beastlord with Beastlord shoulders).

This solution for making the sets work for both specs is on both Sentinel and Beastlord and has worked pretty well IMO.
Source Developer

Musica

Post#10 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:33 am

I saw this suggestion on the other thread.

I honestly worked on the assumption that the whole set was for a dps class, in case of dok/wp i don't really know what has more value and what has less due to lack of experience.
But still, Block seems to be a powerful stat, getting 7% at least like that seems to be kinda too nice.