Recent Topics

Ads

Future new races and/or classes?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
whyhello

Future new races and/or classes?

Post#1 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Are there any concrete plans to implement new class types (like other branches of Empire wizards?) or new races (like undead or skaven?)
Plz tell me.

Ads
marisco

Re: Future new races and/or classes?

Post#2 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:24 pm

Concrete plans? No.

The team is focused on bringing back the whole game content and adapting it into their own vision. Fortresses were just released. We still need city sieges, all the dungeons, gear, a fully working ToK, quests, etc.

They have never outright said they won't do custom ****, but its very very VERY low on the priority list AFAIK.

Alfa1986

Post#3 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:26 pm

dоnt think so. Obviously, this requires the enormous labor of a huge number of developers. And this, in turn, requires a huge budget that only big companies can afford.

even on the off, new classes were introduced only once. all the rest of the completion just included a new content such as death lands, new dungeons, etc.
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Fri May 10, 2019 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

vianiznice

Post#4 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:41 pm

Im no developer so I can't speak for them, but we know of atleast one new class was on the table a while back.
I can only imagine the amount of manpower it would take.

tazdingo

Post#5 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:50 pm

one dev who has now left posted of working on a "dedicated nurgle champion" but nothing was shown

a vague design doc was shown where all races had light/med dps and cloth/med healer but i think it was just a proof of concept

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Fri May 10, 2019 6:03 pm

tazdingo wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:50 pm one dev who has now left posted of working on a "dedicated nurgle champion" but nothing was shown

a vague design doc was shown where all races had light/med dps and cloth/med healer but i think it was just a proof of concept
It was a concept sheet of what archtype slots are missing for each class and what Warhammer lore might fit in those slots. A what-if each race had 7 classes instead of 4.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Urdeg

Post#7 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:17 pm

Before we even discuss modelling and vreating spell effects for a new class, lets talk about creating a class and balancing it in a game thats got 24 non-mirrored classes already.

Skavens have a model but no equipment. You going to code a system to dynamically change the model for an ingame model that does not have it?
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:30 pm

Urdeg wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:17 pm Before we even discuss modelling and vreating spell effects for a new class, lets talk about creating a class and balancing it in a game thats got 24 non-mirrored classes already.

Skavens have a model but no equipment. You going to code a system to dynamically change the model for an ingame model that does not have it?
We're not doing any of that for a long long time anyway. You seem fun at parties though.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Urdeg

Post#9 » Sat May 11, 2019 12:51 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:30 pm
Urdeg wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:17 pm Before we even discuss modelling and vreating spell effects for a new class, lets talk about creating a class and balancing it in a game thats got 24 non-mirrored classes already.

We're not doing any of that for a long long time anyway. You seem fun at parties though.
Well uh, sorry for trying to bring some of the difficulties of adding new races and classes forwards.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

JackovTeeth

Post#10 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:51 am

Are there any updates on this?