Recent Topics

Ads

RR45 WEPS AND EMBLEM EXCHANGE

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Skullgrin

Re: RR45 WEPS AND EMBLEM EXCHANGE

Post#21 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 pm

The problem with nerfing the DPS on these weapons (and the future nerfs that you have planned) is that it has no effect on 25% of the player base (namely spellcasters and healers).

Looking solely at the DPS nerf to the scenario Chosen 2H sword, if I were using it I would have a more than 6% reduction to damage across the board. Since all other weapon damage based classes received similar nerfs they get no advantage over me, however it effectively translates into a 6% bonus to damage/healing for any class whose abilities are not based on weapon DPS. And the caster side of this can't be fixed by reducing the stats on caster/healer weapons, there aren't enough stats there to cause a similar reduction to their DPS/healing. In the end you are going to cause an imbalance in one of the core fundamental areas of the game, and the only way to re-balance it will be do complete overhaul of all casting damage/healing. The only way to possibly bring it all back into alignment without an overhaul would be to additionally reduce stats on caster/healer armor also, and I can only imagine the outcry if that is done.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#22 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:04 pm

Spoiler:
Skullgrin wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 pm The problem with nerfing the DPS on these weapons (and the future nerfs that you have planned) is that it has no effect on 25% of the player base (namely spellcasters and healers).

Looking solely at the DPS nerf to the scenario Chosen 2H sword, if I were using it I would have a more than 6% reduction to damage across the board. Since all other weapon damage based classes received similar nerfs they get no advantage over me, however it effectively translates into a 6% bonus to damage/healing for any class whose abilities are not based on weapon DPS. And the caster side of this can't be fixed by reducing the stats on caster/healer weapons, there aren't enough stats there to cause a similar reduction to their DPS/healing. In the end you are going to cause an imbalance in one of the core fundamental areas of the game, and the only way to re-balance it will be do complete overhaul of all casting damage/healing. The only way to possibly bring it all back into alignment without an overhaul would be to additionally reduce stats on caster/healer armor also, and I can only imagine the outcry if that is done.
When price/conversion rates are adjusted the rr45 weapons will be faster to attain than they are now.

Most people are beyond renown rank 45 by the time they reach level 40.

A renown rank 45 weapon, as a starter t4 weapon, should not and will be comparable to a higher leveled weapon.

halohopper715 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:57 pm youre on a form and took the time to talk **** about it. shut the **** up. and yeah my verbiage is trash because its "angry". im just a marine and am speaking objectively. all of order needs rework and the DEVS know it and they do **** about it . sorry for my angry verbiage.
Well, that explains your painful-to-read run on sentences and aversion to using capital letters at the beginning of sentences. Your feelings are subjective, your messages emotional and your demeanor entitled. Thank you for your service, devil dog.
Last edited by NoRKaLKiLLa on Tue May 14, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manatikik

Post#23 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:16 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:04 pm
Spoiler:
Skullgrin wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:57 pm The problem with nerfing the DPS on these weapons (and the future nerfs that you have planned) is that it has no effect on 25% of the player base (namely spellcasters and healers).

When price/conversion rates are adjusted the rr45 weapons will be faster to attain than they are now.

Most people are beyond renown rank 45 by the time they reach level 40.

A renown rank 45 weapon, as a starter t4 weapon, should not and will be comparable to a higher leveled weapon.

halohopper715 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:57 pm youre on a form and took the time to talk **** about it. shut the **** up. and yeah my verbiage is trash because its "angry". im just a marine and am speaking objectively. all of order needs rework and the DEVS know it and they do **** about it . sorry for my angry verbiage.
Well, that explains your painful-to-read run on sentences and aversion to using capitol letters at the beginning of sentences. Your feelings are subjective, your messages emotional and your demeanor entitled. Thank you for your service, devil dog.
You capitalize a letter; a capitol is a building.
<Montague><Capulet>

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#24 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:32 pm

Now we're all learning!

Manatikik

Post#25 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:47 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:32 pm Now we're all learning!
And knowing is half the battle.

For some reason the capital vs capitol hasn’t been bothering me lately and seen it misused often. Not trying to be a **** (this one time).
<Montague><Capulet>

halohopper715

Post#26 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:18 am

thx skull and others for the positive responses. and id stop jumping to the typical troll of internet grammer bcuz obv idgaf ;). anyways you devs know now to add this to the mix of posts by disappointed players on destro, and now theres positive responses that can better explain the different views due to such changes.

ajnin420
Suspended

Post#27 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:56 am

Zod24 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:09 pm
ajnin420 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:04 pm like how bad are you?
have you learned how to play wrath priest yet? or still suiciding?
Bet i got a bigger **** then you do :geek: ******

zgolec666

Post#28 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:29 pm

Dalsie wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:27 am
zgolec666 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:15 am Have to agree with @op.

Im halfway to get my sc old weapon, surely wont bother to get it now if any future update means nerfing old weapon and implementing new one with similiar stats.

Too bad here, u pissed many people... but you dont give a fk anyway cause they got no other option if they wanna play war :p

So you should just give people everything they want whenever they cry about it? Great idea.

"Omg, how could you do this, now weapon X is better than weapon Y" so then use weapon X. There has been quite alot of new players, judging by the advice channel. It's already hard enough for them to close the gear gap and they spend 80% of their time getting farmed by older players. Power creep is just going to make that worse
Yea so we should all bend down cause there are lowbies and we should bend to their level, just to make it easy for them. Screw ppl that want to progress not regress after playing here for years :p makes sense...

Ads
Dalsie

Post#29 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:37 pm

zgolec666 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:29 pm
Dalsie wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:27 am
zgolec666 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 6:15 am Have to agree with @op.

Im halfway to get my sc old weapon, surely wont bother to get it now if any future update means nerfing old weapon and implementing new one with similiar stats.

Too bad here, u pissed many people... but you dont give a fk anyway cause they got no other option if they wanna play war :p

So you should just give people everything they want whenever they cry about it? Great idea.

"Omg, how could you do this, now weapon X is better than weapon Y" so then use weapon X. There has been quite alot of new players, judging by the advice channel. It's already hard enough for them to close the gear gap and they spend 80% of their time getting farmed by older players. Power creep is just going to make that worse
Yea so we should all bend down cause there are lowbies and we should bend to their level, just to make it easy for them. Screw ppl that want to progress not regress after playing here for years :p makes sense...
Yea, coz losing a couple of points on the dps, on one weapon is totally "bending to the level of the lowbies". I mean, it practically nerfed you back to T1. lol
Orrud -> Hirn -> Norn -> Marty'r Square

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#30 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:01 pm

1-5 exhange on oppressor would be amazing. #Praying