Recent Topics

Ads

Keep Siege (pve mechanics)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alfa1986

Re: Keep Siege (pve mechanics)

Post#11 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:55 am

But in this dispute, I choose the position of developers. because from the point of view of the organization of battles the attackers are therefore in advantage, and in fact the walls and the keep itself are just decorations. With the same success fights can be carried out in open areas. although according to all the laws of the real war, the attackers are always losing much more than the defenders, with a ratio of at least 1 to 3, and if the battles take place in the city, then much more.

The advantages of attacking to defenders in my opinion:
- when the first gate is broken, the attackers can pass not only through the main entrance, which can be well protected by the oil and the “tanks wall”, but also through the side doors. if the attacking warbands are well organized, they enter the rear through the side doors and cut out heals and rdd, after which all the defenders are wiped. that is, the strategy of a tanks wall in the game does not work.
- Attackers are usually located in an open area where each player is visible to each other, and if he dies, he can be resurrected immediately. the defenders are on different floors of the pile, or even outside of it, and when someone dies to find the hell for exactly where the player died is very difficult.
-when the attackers break the second gate, they can go up to the second floor in a few directions, which prevents the use of the “tank wall” again. on the third floor, it’s almost impossible to organize a decent resistance, because for the first time it’s too small area, and secondly, those who stand near the edge of the wall will be easily accessible to enemy troops.

Well, in conclusion, if you remove keeplords, then the process of capturing the castle will be even simpler for the attackers, and the defense of the castle will be more complicated for the defenders, because you don’t even have to kill those who are sitting on the third floor, it’s enough to take the second and pull the flag. to this, everyone is accustomed to keeplords, as they have always existed).
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Sat May 18, 2019 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
Armoz
Suspended

Post#12 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:05 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:08 pm
Armoz wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:01 pm Its funny how none of the devs have actually had an opinion or responded to this post. Which kind of shows the direction they are going. they tell us that our feedback and suggestions are important, yet they completely overlook anything that stands against their ideas or renders their made changes bad and annoyingly unplayable. Its time you guys realize that we all love this game, we play this game and have for a long long time. And we need a stable and a healthy system that keeps people occupied not only with camping warcamps or farming each other mindlessly because there is NO DECENT rvr system in the game. I mean what are we trying to do here ??? are we trying to make RoR a better game than AoR was or are we just standing around hands crossed on our chest and deny most of the great ideas this community comes up with because you guys are the devs and how dare we say your decisions are bad or break the game. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and understand that some people actually do have better ideas and this is one of them. Start by fixing the stupid core bugs that **** ruin the experience not just for some but for everyone before you add new content into the game and make problems even worse. Sit down and set your priorities straight and make a decent road map and work on it step by step. How about we put the puzzle together piece by piece using the picture and not have our eyes closed and do something random and stupid.
He mad.

You might wonder why devs don't post on the forums much or respond to feedback, it's because something like this is waiting right around the corner. Pull your head out of your ass. We don't work here, we don't work for you. It's all volunteer to do things to make things better or fix things. If you have a good idea and someone sees it and decides to run with it, pat yourself on the back.

Unless you learn how to code and do database grunt **** all while also being a decent, pleasant, and trustworthy person that someone on the staff could vouch for so you can get in here and start making the changes you want to see, keep your entitlement firmly tucked between your legs and be happy with what we CAN get done in our spare time for free. Wishing something could be different is real **** far removed from actually making it happen.
I am glad that you responded this way because i knew it was coming and this gives me a chance to respond.
Right away you thought i am here to **** on what you guys do, but you totally missed my point. I have said this so many times that we all love this game and we truly appreciate what you guys do, hand on my heart. i love this game and i have since i took part in beta back in 2007 and all the way to the very last day it was shut down. I have a passion for it and addicition if gone uncontrolled would get me fired from my job because its all i would want to do. But i dont need to be a coder to have good ideas that are worth a discussion. All this is coming from experience over the year of playing this game.

The clear fact is that You guys CAN get anything done if you really want to, but the problem here is that you guys have your priorities totally wrong and we dont need to be a rocket scientists here to understand that. All i said is that get together and set a roadmap, and start taking care of the things on that roadmap one by one. I want you guys to prove to the **** game development world and people like me that a bunch of guys can do it better than people with loads of money couldn't. I am not trying to take away the fact that you guys do this on your spare time but that doesn't mean you guys can't get organized and start working on issues one by one, not taking on a bunch of little projects and make problems worse. This topic for excample could totally be one part of the RvR roadmap, how to make keeps more attractive and fun to interact with, where people could use and come up with many different tactics to work on in order to win. this mindless farming near warcamps back and forth is not what this game is about and you know it. I love the 3 flag idea, gives people a chance to control how siege goes and we dont have to worry about keeplords bugging out or resetting, plus it takes away a huge loads of pain and line of code for you guys to work on.

And for the record you are a good game master and i have always had respect for you, you're all about "get to the point and no bullshit" type of guy and i really respect that, but just because i have my opinion about something doesn't mean i feel entitled to anything. I just love this game and i want to see it become better than AoR ever was, but there are steps you need to take in order to make that happen and trust me its NOT the money, it about will and true passion for it. There is some will and some passion but we need more and u also know that. So i am sorry if you felt like im here trying to push your buttons and disrespect you, its not that at all. But sometimes you just need to take a step back and realize that some of us actually want to help and coming up wiht good ideas is a way we non'coders can help.

wonshot

Post#13 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:37 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:55 am Well, in conclusion, if you remove keeplords, then the process of capturing the castle will be even simpler for the attackers, and the defense of the castle will be more complicated for the defenders, because you don’t even have to kill those who are sitting on the third floor, it’s enough to take the second and pull the flag. to this, everyone is accustomed to keeplords, as they have always existed).
Well ofc it would become easier for the attackers if the lord was removed, that is pretty obvious. However is the lord really that much of a factor, apart from it stops 2fg from flipping keeps in off-hours. But as soon as you have several warbands the lord is not really too much of an issue in terms of dealing with them.

And that brings me to the thourghts behind this idea and topic, "do we really need keep lords?"
Not because I am lazy and dont want to smack them, but simply putting up the many issues there have been with the keeplord code vs what they bring in terms of gameplay.

Also I am not sure if you read my proposal, but my idea is built on a 3 floor capture objective. Where you need to control all 3 floors in a keep to capture it. Bottomfloor, lordroom and roof. Not just 1 or 2, but all 3 of them. So you cant leave the defenders sitting on the roof, you need to clear them out in order to take the keep after X ammount of time.

My idea here was not to change something that works, because its boring or i have a roleplay fantasy. I am legit worried for if the code of the lords/ rams are simply doing more harm to the server population and the playerbase's will to play. or if simplifing these core gameplay mechanic would ease up the very busy situations when many players are involved.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Alfa1986

Post#14 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:01 pm

wonshot wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:37 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 5:55 am
from the point of view of the gameplay, keeplord is needed only to give a slight advantage to the defending realm. and also extend the process of capturing the keep in time and allow the defending side to wipe out, try to dislodge the attackers from the keep again. Of course, this is quite rarely successful, but it still happens.
So now the process of capturing the zone is nowhere easier, before it was necessary to at least keep bo, and achieve a 100% advantage in the zone, and now it is enough just to take the keep and after 5 -10 min the zone is captured.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum