Recent Topics

Ads

archmage is too overpowered

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
halohopper715

archmage is too overpowered

Post#1 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:14 am

Order is starting to stack them. running a premade with 5 in it and I cant heal anyone at all as a dok rr50. now obviously im pugging so I know im going to lose but I normally heal . the fact that I cant heal thru 3 LITERAL seconds of an archmage attacking me lets me know aside from order stacking them that they are overpowered and getting out of hand. any healer class that has a dps spec should never be able to have that much burst and take down ANYTHING it wants . the only things dps healer spec's should be able to solo is tanks because they can out last them with heals. any other dedicated dps class should be able to burst them down faster then they can heal and wont need to out last them. that being said they need a SERIOUS DAMAGE NERF. I want a legit answer from you "devs" if you don't mind taking the time out of your day to explain to the wrest of the free community as to why this is getting too overlooked?... and when is the WL nerf coming as well please. =)

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: archmage is too overpowered

Post#2 » Wed May 22, 2019 2:43 am

So, to summarise:

1) You can't outheal 5 DPS AMs as a solo DOK heal...what's the issue with that?
2) You can't survive against a single DPS AM, despite the fact that you have 100% uptime on your detaunt, and can cleanse every single DoT they put on you...you got outplayed, my dude.

Looking inwards is the first step, mate: learn how to use your detaunt, realise that you can cleanse their DoTs every 5-seconds (and with your OP M2), don't expect to survive 1v5 (because you should lose: a DPS AM should be treated as a real DPS), queue up with a premade yourself = profit.

Stophy22

Post#3 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:37 am

Try using spirit resist tactic as well if it’s that big an issue.

I think AMs are a tad strong but I think that strength comes from being able to debuff the same damage type they do. Storm of chronos and all their dots doing spirit damage and the majority of people who don’t run winds impervious having around 300 resist across all 3 (corporeal, spirit, elemental) is also a problem.

I think on my Bg if I wear full oppressor and full genesis I get 350 roughly on each resist.

So obviously we take winds impervious and maybe spirit resist tactic to retaliate but there isn’t really any options besides this. Sets give little to no resists to magic damage I personally think is a little silly. But there are options to get your resists soft capped and cleansing does help immensely. I only ever use M1 cleanse in my BG specially because of engi and AM. I know you’re not a Bg ok, but peter already covered what you can do with Dok (instant cleanse, spirit resist tactic, detaunt) slot some spirit resist tali’s into your armor to help if you still not find it enough.

Not only storm if chronos will debuff spirit resist but mistress of the marsh I think it’s called (aoe puddle slow) does some resist damage as well. But they don’t stack to my knowledge.

SM used to be pretty OP because it could double spirit resist debuff. Oof. Also if you think it’s specific to AM you’re mistaken. Shamans are crazy too. But elemental damage doesn’t come around as often in Destro as spirit damage comes up in order.

To my knowledge:

Elemental Destro - magus, shammy, SH arrow. Lol

Spirit order - WL, SM, AM, possibly SW? You elves and your spirit damage smh.

I might have missed a few this is kinda going from memory, so forgive me if I’m not 100% right.

Anyway AM synergizes a bit better than shammy does so it performs a tad better. But shammy performs pretty well. I don’t really have any complaints with AMs after figuring out shaman is just as disgusting. I think the underlying issue is low resists across the board. But through winds impervious, as stated, you can rectify this problem. Just wish their was more options I guess.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Nameless

Post#4 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:15 am

Miatress of the march debuff initiative
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Stophy22

Post#5 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:19 am

Nameless wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:15 am Miatress of the march debuff initiative
Ah then shaman does resist my bad
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

halohopper715

Post#6 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:07 am

hmm

1) so lemme get this straight youre assuming im not in a 1v1 situation with a AM in a scenario.
2) you assume that if im not 1v1 the other 4 will be detaunted as well.
3) youre usuing winds impervious as a basis on resistance as an excuse for me to try to counter an OVERPOWERED class and usuing your TANK as an example. and that's just what ive read so far. your long responses are neither beneficial or relevant to the FACT that AM are overpowered and the FACT that order starting to STACK them is a problem. well I do have premade's. we just get the LUXURY of being favored. nor do I chose to xrealm to order every time destro loses. which leads me to my next SUGGESTION. please make a 20 min or some sort of lock out when logging out of a faction for getting into another faction to prevent scrubs who only like to win from grieving on other players. I mean come on when WAR came out the dev team was all about making it as balanced as possible since beta. aside from that unless you have numerical comparison's of damage from one ability to the other when comparing AM and Sham please don't post the typical "theyre not OP you just suck" troll responses =) good day "mate" .

Sulorie

Post#7 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:30 am

It is funny to read comments how little resists some characters have and that stacking resist talismans might help, when not even resist buffs are added to the calculation. When it is all about 1vs1, then you might use a resist potion but this is a team focused game and you have to rely on your teammates covering your weaknesses.

5 AM assisting are as deadly as any other 5 DD classes doing the same.

You get outnumbered, having no grp buffs and die. Nothing new here.

Shaman skills hit harder than AM ones, they are still balanced but no doubt, they are a great pug farming class.

I have a FACT for you, "theyre not OP you just suck". Good day!
Dying is no option.

Stophy22

Post#8 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:48 am

halohopper715 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:07 am hmm

1) so lemme get this straight youre assuming im not in a 1v1 situation with a AM in a scenario.
2) you assume that if im not 1v1 the other 4 will be detaunted as well.
3) youre usuing winds impervious as a basis on resistance as an excuse for me to try to counter an OVERPOWERED class and usuing your TANK as an example. and that's just what ive read so far. your long responses are neither beneficial or relevant to the FACT that AM are overpowered and the FACT that order starting to STACK them is a problem. well I do have premade's. we just get the LUXURY of being favored. nor do I chose to xrealm to order every time destro loses. which leads me to my next SUGGESTION. please make a 20 min or some sort of lock out when logging out of a faction for getting into another faction to prevent scrubs who only like to win from grieving on other players. I mean come on when WAR came out the dev team was all about making it as balanced as possible since beta. aside from that unless you have numerical comparison's of damage from one ability to the other when comparing AM and Sham please don't post the typical "theyre not OP you just suck" troll responses =) good day "mate" .
dunno if you're replying to me or peter, but I feel like I had some pretty good constructive response to "AM's are overpowered".

In short, my response was to help with dealing with their power:
Slot spirit resist tactic
use spirit resist talis
winds impervious helps
aoe detaunt tactic helps (or just use of a detaunt in general)
Clense helps.

If your qualms come from 1 class specifically why not do your best to counter it? I've started try to build more armor and toughness to stop WL's, its not working as well but I don't die instantly. But in regards to what you said Doks have it rough against any Ranged attacker since they need to be Melee to generate Soul Esssence, unless cup.

Spoiler:
Their damage comes from being able to debuff their damage type by (around 300?) in a game where resists soft cap at 750ish thats relative to like a 1.5k armor debuff if the recommended armor to have sits around 4k(WL and Mara). Buuuuut its justified because shamans are just as nasty. They can do everything the AM can, except they do elemental damage; which doesn't have the same synergy on destro side as spirit damage does on the side of order.

I think the problem is not the AM but lies within our option to gear as players. Our options to get any sort of resist (spirit, elem, coporeal) is very limited.

Winds impervious
tactics
pots (most people use armor pot)
talis (most people are trying to get 4k armor or higher so these get eaten by armor talis most of the time)
Group up (zealot buff, shaman buff, chosen buff)
Beastlords? <--dunno if this counts but its one of the few armor sets with resistances on (most) pieces. I often take it because of that reason, on Destro side the amount of BW's and AM are not to be triffled with and you have to sacrifice everything to get adequate resistances to deal with fire and lazor abuse.

I think winds impervious is great but there is no option after it to improve. Incredibly high resistances but just rando stats at a very small value. it would be nice to have something better after this, or maybe more cloaks with tali slots like beastlords. Sorry if you don't share the same opinion as a destro player its rough trying to get geared out well enough to deal with all this magical damage. Maybe stacking willpower for dodge/disrupt can help with AM's? Just theory crafting at this point.
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
Ysaran

Post#9 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:09 am

When you move an accusation you should specify you gear, you build, renown ability and your potions. without such information you post is just a cringy blathering nonsense since to be RR50 doesnt exclude that you may be going around wearing only your panties. in addiction: 1v5?! you are really complaining about 1vs5!?
Zputadenti

Mythrendir

Post#10 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:21 am

Another day another “nerf order “ complaint by destro.

Pardon my french but must be a Taylor Lautner from “Ridiculous 6” to be complaining about AM when destro have the OP, DoT and infinite run master DPS shammy. Grow up.

/close thread.