Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Reservations

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
darklord360

Fort Reservations

Post#1 » Sat May 25, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi all. Few question marks here for Fort stuff. Firstly, on several occassions i have been in an end zone ganking as a soloer (WE or Mara) , getting plenty of kills - renown - loot - exp only to find the gods found me undeserving of a Fort Reservation spot. That really took the fight right out of me , so : How does contribution actually work for Reservations, time spent in zone, kills/reknown based, mix of everything?

Secondly, when i did win a Fort reservation i noticed the time to haul arse from a Lock, back to the city (for defense cases) to get ready for fort is only 5 (!!!!) minutes and then your reservation gets whisked away. Since only attackers can get a Career trainer inside the fort area, that leaves defenders with virtually no time to change specs (More AoE minded etc). So , we have to prepare in advance and hold off fighting the last bit of an end zone, just to respec in advance for fort? That seems a bit of an extreme punishment for a side that is already used to defending and probably losing 80% or more of the time. If your cat dances on your keyboard, you need to go on the toilet, etc etc, you are fudged.

*Suggestion* increase Fort reservations to 10 minutes and/or deploy a Career trainer inside the Fort premises for the defending side to give them a chance.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Fort Reservations

Post#2 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:30 pm

contribution while the exact weight of the things you can do is not publicly avilable but the things are all things that help the effort to lock zone so:
killing seige
Taking BOs
Returning supplies
Destroying supplies
killing doors
killing lords
killing players
defending BOs

As for the 5 minute timer it is there to give others a chance to get in before stage 1 (prep time) is over. Expanding this to 10 minutes only lessens those peoples chances of being able to talk tactics and fix warbands before engagements.

Skullgrin

Post#3 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:39 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:30 pm contribution while the exact weight of the things you can do is not publicly avilable but the things are all things that help the effort to lock zone so:
killing seige
Taking BOs
Returning supplies
Destroying supplies
killing doors
killing lords
killing players
defending BOs

Dammit, why'd you have to go and make a list of what should be obvious! Now I may have to actually compete with other Destro for a guaranteed fort reservation! :lol: :P :lol:

Seriously tho, hopefully others will take this list to heart and help with the war effort! :D
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Finejeez

Post#4 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:26 pm

Set your book point to Altdorf or IC, and it will save you time. No need to run back anywhere just to get to the flight NPC. If you really must respec before fort, then do it before you hit up the zone prior to fort. In the grand scheme of things... you know having a fort spec in a zone before fort really won’t matter. :p

As far as getting a reserve... not really sure. I’ve jumped in like 20 minutes prior to downing the Lord many of times, and I’ve gotten the reserve.

phononHYPE

Post#5 » Sun May 26, 2019 2:02 am

I often make a suicide dash into Order if I'm far from our WC so expedite my travels. Booking to IC is another plan too.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

nat3s

Post#6 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:39 am

Natherul wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:30 pm contribution while the exact weight of the things you can do is not publicly avilable but the things are all things that help the effort to lock zone so:
killing seige
Taking BOs
Returning supplies
Destroying supplies
killing doors
killing lords
killing players
defending BOs

As for the 5 minute timer it is there to give others a chance to get in before stage 1 (prep time) is over. Expanding this to 10 minutes only lessens those peoples chances of being able to talk tactics and fix warbands before engagements.
Does this put healers at a disadvantage? Should a RP/Zealot do some fluff dps on players/lords to help with contribution?
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#7 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:22 am

nat3s wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:39 am
killing seige
Taking BOs
Returning supplies
Destroying supplies
killing doors
killing lords
killing players
defending BOs

Does this put healers at a disadvantage? Should a RP/Zealot do some fluff dps on players/lords to help with contribution?
Healing and ressurecting people has impact too as I heard.

Chinesehero

Post#8 » Sun May 26, 2019 7:38 am

i already full invader but i hope the fort open to all
We still set reservation
just make a reservation to get the invader med but not stop someone to get in
If the player have reservation he can get 4 med after the fort end otherwise he still can help but no med rewards
Sometime the fort open and SC also dead and many of us just online cant get in fort. What should we do?

Ads
nat3s

Post#9 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:10 am

i think the reservation is more about making sure the order/destro numbers are even rather than who gets gear. If you want a guaranteed spot, play for the underpopulated realm. We need more mechanics to help keep the pop even imo.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

vianiznice

Post#10 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:21 am

nat3s wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:10 am We need more mechanics to help keep the pop even imo.
Honestly, I hope they drop the population limit later down the line, Forts are often one-sided enough (Unless carried by premades) to warrant such a change. I suppose this would require some changes for the defenders, giving them other ways to win, else we'd see A LOT more full duration Forts.

It'd make Forts varied, now it is just two repeating situations, and it's growing stale FAST.

Just my thoughts.