Recent Topics

Ads

WH/WE - tactics imbalance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
abezverkhiy

Re: WH/WE - tactics imbalance

Post#11 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:39 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:49 pm You need to make a structured proposal with clear points and solution there.
Thought I made it clear in my original post but I will give it another try.

Proposal: Remove Atonement tactic of WH and replace it with Swift Movements of WE
Why: Feinted Positioning is a highly used ability but long cooldown (1m) makes it a very scare resource. WEs have option to reduce its cooldown to 20 seconds and WHs don't.

Proposal: Remove Full Confession tactic of WH and replace it with Septic Blade of WE
Why: Fervor and its mirror Envenomed Blade are useless abilities in PvP unless they get a perk of -25% crit chance debuff. WEs have option to make it useful and WHs don't.

All 4 tactics I mentioned are purchasable with mastery points.

All 4 tactics are located at the same tiers of mastery tactics (lowest tier). WH tactics are hardly ever used whereas WE tactics offer interesting options.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Atropik

Post#12 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:48 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:46 am Hi guys,

I have played WH for very long but I have never been interested in WE abilities until today.

I found out that WEs have a very strong advantage over WHs - tactic Swift Movements reduces cooldown of Feinted Positioning by 40(!) seconds. Feinted Positioning is one of key abilities of WH/WE but one side has cooldown of 1 min and the other 20 sec. This is bloody unfair! I mean WH has to time this ability while WE can couple it with Elixir of Insane Power and have constantly super armor ignore perk!

Another tactic I wish WHs had (and WEs have) is Septic Blade - the one that reduces critical chance by 25%. It makes Envenomed Blade a really important ability whereas its mirror Fervor is plain useless without such tactic and I bet most WHs remove it from ability bars.

Both tactics are easy to get, they are at first tier of tactics obtainable with mastery points. And they make WE really dangerous opponent.

Hope this imbalance will be noted and addressed at some moment of time.
Thank you.

P.S. And since you may ask "So what's your proposal?" I say throw away WH's 1st tactics related to Confess and Absolution and replace them with Septic Blade and Swift Movements respectively. Other differences between WH and WE are not so striking.
Dude, go take some water, chill and stop stressing me out, these two tactics are crap, and never been used by anyone. SM can only be used for 6/6 but still meh.

Theproblem is - every class has only 4 tactic slots, and they are taken by Brute Force, Flanking, IP, - these are mandatory.

The 4th slot is getting switched between Sacrifice Rewarded (which is a real overperforming thing, but not the crap youve mentioned, lal. At least it was during t3 times), ToB, MT, Riposte, new MoM, new armor penetrating tactic, new FM, etc. WH on the other hand has Vindication (which is 35!!!!!% dmg increase for 10!111 seconds after disrupt - the tool every WE could dream about), IF - which is slightly better to MoM.
Nicelook | Obey

Scrilian

Post#13 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:00 pm

WH/WE could use a bit of tactics getting baked into their core, but that could be said about pretty much every class here, with most running 3 mandatory and 4th optional(which is likely to be mandatory too, changing on what kind of content you are after - PVE, PVP, SCs etc.)
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

abezverkhiy

Post#14 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:19 pm

No, I am absolutely fine with having 4 tactics. I am merely advocating for parity related to what is meant to be our core attacks.

So please do not be a smart@$$ saying obvious things. And go drink some water yourself. Walk outside, get life, get laid, release your negative energy and do not let forum to stress you out, dude. Afterall noone gives a fly here if you are stressing out or not.

DanielWinner

Post#15 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:42 pm

abezverkhiy wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:39 pm
DanielWinner wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:49 pm You need to make a structured proposal with clear points and solution there.
Thought I made it clear in my original post but I will give it another try.

Proposal: Remove Atonement tactic of WH and replace it with Swift Movements of WE
Why: Feinted Positioning is a highly used ability but long cooldown (1m) makes it a very scare resource. WEs have option to reduce its cooldown to 20 seconds and WHs don't.

Proposal: Remove Full Confession tactic of WH and replace it with Septic Blade of WE
Why: Fervor and its mirror Envenomed Blade are useless abilities in PvP unless they get a perk of -25% crit chance debuff. WEs have option to make it useful and WHs don't.

All 4 tactics I mentioned are purchasable with mastery points.

All 4 tactics are located at the same tiers of mastery tactics (lowest tier). WH tactics are hardly ever used whereas WE tactics offer interesting options.
Make a thread there (viewforum.php?f=95) , no need to post it here again.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

abezverkhiy

Post#16 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:02 pm

done. lock this one if you please

qwerty113

Post#17 » Thu May 30, 2019 4:36 pm

The most thing what need WH from WE - its analog TOB and some ability or finisher with not physical damage like witchbrew, mb BAL should hit corporel damage. That will be more balanced
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Krima

Post#18 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:48 pm

Septic Blade is not a flat -25% :lol:
If you going to waste all your time with tears and writing, at least ask for something good like SR or MT... :lol:

I do trade SM + Spetic blade
for
Seekers Blade + 2 different proc weapons anyday! :mrgreen:
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Ads
Krima

Post#19 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:49 pm

qwerty113 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:36 pm The most thing what need WH from WE - its analog TOB and some ability or finisher with not physical damage like witchbrew, mb BAL should hit corporel damage. That will be more balanced
What else you want?? bikini outfit + daggers i guess?
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

kmark101

Post#20 » Fri May 31, 2019 12:59 am

In the current metaplay what matters is the most for any melee class is armor ignore. Anything that makes a disadvantage for one side in that is a huge game balance breaking issue. The level of armor ignore that WE's have should seriously be nerfed, WE's should kill casters and melee dps, not tanks with ease...
Gryyw - Ironbreaker