gunbad faster

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
gloryhammer2

gunbad faster

Post#1 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:34 pm

so yesterday i did gunbad again with a few guild mates, and mann its a pain, it took us 4 hours between people getting disconected or ported to the capital(we dont have the scroll on guild yet so we have to run back to it =( ) or actually rage quiting , one guy even left and said im going to look for a better guild to do it with then, in the end it took us all that time to down one single boss, and a random healer we took got both the loots from the boss, because the caster died early in the fight and for some reason could not need on the item, my point is
gunbad is wayyy too long and slow, and doing it three times is way too painful right now, and we want so bad to move on to city dungeons to be ready for bastion, but it does not look like its going to happen soon =/
my idea would be, make the pqs that are pointless after you get boots and gloves, either faster or more rewarding, and make the end bosses easier, a full invader mdps got one shot by the left boss when he turns into a squig, that should not happen, or lower the number of times we have to do each wing, hell one time is more than enough, i know its hard to fix bugs on bosses, and this is not a pve focused game, and the core game mechanics have problems(taunt do not works like it should), so make it easier for more people to enjoy new content, i know that wards are being modified to make it faster, but that just means we will have to take all our spare time on dungeons not on rvr where we should be. ty =) hope we consider this.

Ads
Alfinnete
Banned

Re: gunbad faster

Post#2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:47 pm

I share your frustration ... the system is very out of the reality. It does not make sense if you need better items than the DGs to get you to finish it. Gumbad has already become an old dungeon, without much grace but that makes it compulsory because of the ward system, which for me is another negative point.

The fun is to relive the good old dungeons at risk and not out of obligation.

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:48 pm

4 hours? What comp were you using - double shield chosen, double dps zealot, double heal DOK?

The 'full invader DPS' getting oneshot is just him playing bad: you simply move away from the boss channeled ability, and wait it out. Lots of l2p here, NGL.

gloryhammer2

Post#4 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:54 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:48 pm 4 hours? What comp were you using - double shield chosen, double dps zealot, double heal DOK?

The 'full invader DPS' getting oneshot is just him playing bad: you simply move away from the boss channeled ability, and wait it out. Lots of l2p here, NGL.
2 shield kotbs. 1 wl 1 bw 1am 1 wp
the pqs where easy but took a long time, then between people leaving on last boss because someone gets ported to altdorf and the time we had to wait for the group to fill up again, and people not knowing what to do on bosses and me having to explain it all over, yeah it took us a lot of time, and the game have high ping for us, we are not in europe, so yeah the wl got hit by the aoe of the boss and died =p

DirkDaring

Post#5 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:22 pm

There is no reason to make content trival, just because some people find it to difficult to complete, or you dont have the time to finish it.

Just because there is content in the game, doesnt mean it should be dumbed down, so that everyone can complete it. find a better group, get carried through, get better, or just accept that you may not get the gear you want.

Panodil

Post#6 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:32 pm

First time it might take some time, but when people know what to do and have right spec you do full run in about 2,5-3h. Still alot of time, but so much crafting stuff in there so can make alot of gold each run so thats a plus.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Lime

Post#7 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:04 pm

Couple things to know about Gunbad.

Make sure everyone in group is using armor pot. Light armor users get hit much harder than medium armor users by most of the physical mechanics. Shamans in particular with low armor are way worse than a warrior priest with 75% armor mitigation especially at low gear levels.

Make sure you have atleast 1 full deftard tank with menace slotted. Having a well geared tank (Vanquisher 4pc+) makes alot of the fights much easier.

Make sure everyone in group is 0% chance to be crit. Getting crit by boss abilities is almost certain death. I have seen people with no clue going into gunbad with 10% chance to be crit or marauders using feeding that get 1shot by boss abilities simply because they get crit.

Never take anyone into Gunbad that doesn't have discord and a microphone. Particularly mid and maybe left wing require some coordination to not waste everyone's time. All it takes is 1 or 2 people without a microphone to make button phase coordination nearly impossible.

Gunbad is very buggy and if you wipe to a boss multiple times expect people to zone 0 and have to run back wasting even more time. Each wipe to a boss can waste 10+ minutes per reset with zone 0 bug.

Gunbad is harder as destro. On order side all PVE is much easier due to having the warrior priest wounds buff + knight heal aura and vigilance giving your group alot more survivability to live through boss mechanics.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

Hargrim
Developer

Post#8 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:14 pm

Also install AggroMeter addon.

Ads