Recent Topics

Ads

[Bastion Stair] Tactics and Feedback.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
DanielWinner

Re: [Bastion Stair] Tactics and Feedback.

Post#11 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:18 pm

Deleted all irrelevant posts which ignored the structure.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
Chinesehero

Post#12 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:12 pm

Spoiler:
Nefarian78 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:13 pm I've had the same problem with Skull Lord Ivar'Throk (Mid wing last boss) aswell.

The boss tactic in itself is pretty clear. No problem whatsoever with his dot or his debuffs or his damage. The punt and aggro drop is incredibly difficult tho.

In all the tries i did as a tank, both me and the other tank had an incredibly hard time getting aggro back. The only way i can describe it is as if the tank that gets punted has a debuff to threat generation that lasts a very long time, with my taunt (And the other tank's too) only generating around 3/4% aggro and Clobber generating close to nothing, according to Aggrometer. This resulted in the healers or dps having to tank the boss for 30-40s sometimes, as none of us could get the aggro back faster than that.

The best tactic we've found so far is making the dps run tactics and gear that increases their survivability and not care about damage whatsoever, while the healers also prioritized survivability as much as possible.

There's no reason to bring DPS classes to this boss, as the issue is aggro and survivability, not dps. The best setup would be 2 healers and 4 tanks, 1 with a more damage oriented build while the others are just there to farm aggro. Taking a Choppa or Slayer in that fight is simply insane as Khorne Affliction ticks for stupid amounts of damage on them and end up just being a huge healing sponge. Also, With Infectious Rage increasing damage DEALT by 20% a single semi-dps (Like a 2h BO) is more than enough
if u dont use dps, it is slow killing
but dps and healer must be keep lower aggro than tanks
SM is good on this boss. The fastest to the highest aggro to boss
and I feel mdps is better than rdps
I play with slayer and wh kill this boss fast
But when do with bw or engi very slow
dps can try get punt with the tank so u can drop aggro to 0 with your pair tank
One more and we will start to learn to read the hard way.

Ysaran

Post#13 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:49 pm

1.We were choppa, dok, zael, 2 BO and mara, we were on discord for coordination.

2.We killed Lord Slaurith

3.One BO tanked him as far away as possible from healer and the other stood near healer. healers stood in blue circle (which buff heal). mdps attacked Lord Slaurith standing, if possible, in purple circle (which buff melee damage). As soon the Bloodpulse spwan nearest ppl runs away from it with exeption of 1 tank, which have to take aggro. When bloodpulse disappears mdps returns to hit Lord Slaurith, healer returns in blu circle (if they ran away, else they just keep healing) and one tank go stand near healer. from what i have understood nearest person to bloodpulse will get boss aggro and thus as soon bloodpulse spawn healers and dps havo to run away while one tank need to stand near bloodpulse to get the aggro. this dance need to reapeat till boss death.

4. Your feedback:
well, fight is very funny and frenetic, really good job! we wiped many (many many many many many) times. we already done the other two wings but this is the hardest boss we fought, to do it with mdps is an handicap since you have to stand far away from bloodpulse and the only thing you can do is to throw useless axes.
i cant really immagine to do this boss with a pug or without discord.
only things that i found a bit frustrating is that bloodpulse became visible too late, i mean: you see it when it make the red-energy wave but for this time Slaurith is already running towards you and you are dead. imo bloodpulse need to be a bit bigger and a bit more visible.
last things: BS is really awasome, it's been very funny to do it and al boss have cool mechanichs. i can see how much work and thinking is behinde this release. you have really bolstered my expextation for next dungeons, thanks for the hard work!
Zputadenti

kryss

Post#14 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:58 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:49 pm 1.We were choppa, dok, zael, 2 BO and mara, we were on discord for coordination.

2.We killed Lord Slaurith

3.One BO tanked him as far away as possible from healer and the other stood near healer. healers stood in blue circle (which buff heal). mdps attacked Lord Slaurith standing, if possible, in purple circle (which buff melee damage). As soon the Bloodpulse spwan nearest ppl runs away from it with exeption of 1 tank, which have to take aggro. When bloodpulse disappears mdps returns to hit Lord Slaurith, healer returns in blu circle (if they ran away, else they just keep healing) and one tank go stand near healer. from what i have understood nearest person to bloodpulse will get boss aggro and thus as soon bloodpulse spawn healers and dps havo to run away while one tank need to stand near bloodpulse to get the aggro. this dance need to reapeat till boss death.

4. Your feedback:
well, fight is very funny and frenetic, really good job! we wiped many (many many many many many) times. we already done the other two wings but this is the hardest boss we fought, to do it with mdps is an handicap since you have to stand far away from bloodpulse and the only thing you can do is to throw useless axes.
i cant really immagine to do this boss with a pug or without discord.
only things that i found a bit frustrating is that bloodpulse became visible too late, i mean: you see it when it make the red-energy wave but for this time Slaurith is already running towards you and you are dead. imo bloodpulse need to be a bit bigger and a bit more visible.
last things: BS is really awasome, it's been very funny to do it and al boss have cool mechanichs. i can see how much work and thinking is behinde this release. you have really bolstered my expextation for next dungeons, thanks for the hard work!
Did Slaurith with a Pug, in 3 tries and no discord. If one of your healer is fast to go to the blue circle and the tank can and brings the boss to a Mdps circle, he goes down super fast. Did it as a WH and hit him for a truckload of dmg, like 2.5-3k+ per torment, so if you got a heavy hitter and take advantage of the boost mechanic, the fight is quite short

wonshot

Post#15 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:08 am

9th june 2nd run in Bastion stairs full run - After 5th june hotfixes

Group setup:
-SM tank (pve tactic)
-Kotbs tank (pve tactic)
-BW dps (pve tactic)
-Slayer dps (pve tactic)
-RP healer (pve tactic)
-RP healer (pve tactic)

Noteworthy bugs:
The orange color pool one one of the endwing bosses didnt increase the damage output and we completly played the encounter without paying attention to the pools. .getstats didnt work in combat so couldnt confirm it. But I was seeing same damage numbers while inside and outside of the Orangepool from BW point of view. From the sound of it healers didnt notice any boost to their healing output aswel from the blue pool, and we saw no decrease in his toughness inside purple.

Several times we had groupmembers respawn at entrance to BS in CW instead of just outside a wing-endboss-portal after wipes. Lead to build up annoyance based of how long the entire instance is.

only 1 person this time fell through the ground randomly. 1 person did aswel last time, two completly different areas of the instance.

Feedback & suggestion:
Last boss middle wing is a propper endgame boss where you cant affort to have anyone not pulling their share. I cant even imagine pugging this thing, and language barrieres even when you get people on discord is an issue from our point of view. The fight is really fun and satisfying. But It personally has me a little worries how pugs are supposed to susscesfull farm this to get their BS weapons and not "fall behind"

Overall this took us around 5hours on week2 2nd run in BS. Where first run was attempted completly blind.
We this time around researced tactics, had several hotfixes, and changed setup.

Out of these 5 hours roughly 45min was spend on running back, after crashes, partymembers spawning at entrance, unable to use portals and partyleader having to come back and get them, falling through the world.
15min worth of break time.
1 hour of clearing trash + minibosses (might skip in the future)
3hours fighting wing-bosses where most of the it was used on middle wing attempting and going over mechanics.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#16 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:29 am

wonshot wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:08 am 9th june 2nd run in Bastion stairs full run - After 5th june hotfixes

Group setup:
-SM tank (pve tactic)
-Kotbs tank (pve tactic)
-BW dps (pve tactic)
-Slayer dps (pve tactic)
-RP healer (pve tactic)
-RP healer (pve tactic)

Noteworthy bugs:
The orange color pool one one of the endwing bosses didnt increase the damage output and we completly played the encounter without paying attention to the pools. .getstats didnt work in combat so couldnt confirm it. But I was seeing same damage numbers while inside and outside of the Orangepool from BW point of view. From the sound of it healers didnt notice any boost to their healing output aswel from the blue pool, and we saw no decrease in his toughness inside purple.

Several times we had groupmembers respawn at entrance to BS in CW instead of just outside a wing-endboss-portal after wipes. Lead to build up annoyance based of how long the entire instance is.

only 1 person this time fell through the ground randomly. 1 person did aswel last time, two completly different areas of the instance.

Feedback & suggestion:
Last boss middle wing is a propper endgame boss where you cant affort to have anyone not pulling their share. I cant even imagine pugging this thing, and language barrieres even when you get people on discord is an issue from our point of view. The fight is really fun and satisfying. But It personally has me a little worries how pugs are supposed to susscesfull farm this to get their BS weapons and not "fall behind"

Overall this took us around 5hours on week2 2nd run in BS. Where first run was attempted completly blind.
We this time around researced tactics, had several hotfixes, and changed setup.

Out of these 5 hours roughly 45min was spend on running back, after crashes, partymembers spawning at entrance, unable to use portals and partyleader having to come back and get them, falling through the world.
15min worth of break time.
1 hour of clearing trash + minibosses (might skip in the future)
3hours fighting wing-bosses where most of the it was used on middle wing attempting and going over mechanics.
Orange circle is working since today patch .

I have adjusted skull lord punt for next patch . The punt CD have been increased a bit so you have time to take back aggro
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

rmpl

Post#17 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Hargrim wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:50 pm
kryss wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:38 pm So i completed all the 3 wings and got 4k credit, quest completed as well. Is that right or is there 1k more hidden somewhere?
It's right.
I think it would only be fair to reduce the total influence required for each tier of rewards because you only get 4k of inf in BS compared to 5k in city dungeons which means you need a total of about 15 runs to get the bloodlord cape (12 for the sentinel ring). Not only that but BS takes about 2.5-3h (depending how competent your group is) to complete compared to 1h city dungeons runs. In short you need more runs to get the rewards than before and runs take almost three times more time to complete.

12h vs 38h is a huge difference

wonshot

Post#18 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:33 am

16th of June. 3rd Clear of Bastionstairs since release:

-Tank Kotbs (aggro tactic equiped) -missing one piece
-Tank kotbs (aggro tactic equiped) -first run and got 2 pieces
-Healer RP (aggro tactic equiped) - full set
-Healer RP (aggro tactic equiped) - missing 1 piece
-DPS Slayer (aggro tactic equiped) - 3pieces and unlucky
-DPS BW (aggro tactic equiped) - missing 1 piece

The core of our group have played together and are insync on the kill quests and influence: currently from 3runs we cleared the entire place 2 times and missed out on middleboss due to bugs first week. 11k inf atm.

Bugs:
The "Color boss" in rightwing is still not working in terms of his auras and we are now just killing him without using the auras. Our healers tested standing in blue and checked .getstats. No benefits. I tried as a BW RDPS to stand in orange and check my damage numbers and saw no increase in fireball numbers inside compared to outside orange circle.

This run we had noone fall through the world. And only once did someone respawn at entrance of BS instead of outfront of a boss-portal after a wipe.

Influence grind and time investment:
Bastion stairs has 4day lockout roughly. But because of how long the entire run of clearing all 3 wing are taking our group are only doing it in the weekends on sundays, instead of every time the lockouts are over.
Because it is too much of a timeinvestment after a long day of work to run 3-5hours of pve where you need to focus due to pretty fun but hard mechanics. We have the place on "farm" now and our runs are getting smoother but the lockout timer and total time for each clear is still making the whole place only "doable" on weekends and that will slow down the INF grind by alot!

We did yesterdays run in just about 4hours while having a few wipes, 15min of breaks total and explaning encounters to our new group member.

Suggestions:
Because of its a 3winged instance that take much longer over city dungeon tune down how much influence is needed for the rewards. By the time we have our influence at this rate, new gear sets will already be appealing and attractive. People who have started later, or not even begun on this inf grind might just skip it completly with how many hours and total runs are required.

Instead of 13total full clears, maybe bump it down to around 10 max?

(we are currently feeling like BS is now a chore we have to do, and having to do it this many times already is just not appealing nor attractive. 10 full runs in BS for full influence would better match the ammount of hours spend in a Fortress to get full invader too, for simular gearing comparison)
or maybe give influence rewards via some of the repeatable quests in BS.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
xarax

Post#19 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:29 am

we had our 3th clear yesterday:

2 Tank Chosen, 1 Squig Herder, 1 Magus, 1 Heal Shaman, 1 Heal DoK

It was not a smooth run since we have to adept to tactics again, since it seems they are now working correctly. So there where some wipes, that hopefully will not happen the next times.
In the end we were inside BS from 19:15 to 22:45.
Aggro is still an issue on mostly every boss even with Aggro meters, but nothing we could not handle.
If you die, the ways to run back are very long, since we had to run back from entry most of the time.
The bosses are fun, but all in one it is very time consuming. After next run everyone will be 6/7 and i cant understand the need to grind 12x times the instance after that just to get the last piece. This time would be better used in rvr.

But i think wonshot makes a good comparison of how it feels for us too.
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#20 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:29 pm

Lors slaurith are will be more rewarding and try to kill him without standing in the colored aura will be less rewarding for next patch .

We are also look at something that will teleport you to the latest boss killed .

Aggro is an issue on which boss ? Cause many boss drop Aggro on main tank so second tank need to take back Aggro at this moment
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer