Recent Topics

Ads

Scenarios

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
larsulu
Suspended

Scenarios

Post#1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:49 pm

Hello.
I know you did an hard and amazing work for pushing forts/new sets and bastion release.
Why don’t you make something around scenario? Especially to involve people into 6v6 fights.
I know you’r concentrate your resources into pve and new game stuff but as long as 6v6 is a part of this game lots of people would be happy to see something about 6v6/scenario competition between guilds.
Something like receiving the new weapons/cloak ( bastion stairs influence), cosmetic gears or pvp players title after winning ( number is approximately) 20/30 caledor woods , or make a proper league around the scenarios ( for example a sorta of “ladder 6v6 “ which lasts 1 month ).
6v6 is a pure pvp and is dying month after month.
I’m pretty sure we could bring more ppl in this game, we have lots of goods steamers, we could increase the appetite for ror .
This is only my idea, feel free to ignore it.
Cheers.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
Manatikik

Re: Scenarios

Post#2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:14 pm

The issue with doing anything for 6v6 is that then the elitists win. Can’t have that.
<Montague><Capulet>

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:51 pm

Wasting your time, Mr Decimo: no one at the top of the team cares for competitive smallscale PvP, let alone engages in it, which is why simply playing with a group is often attributed to 'elitism' in this game (which is hilarious to witness from PoV of person who plays multiple MMOs). You have a few members, like Norkalli, Ryan, Grunbag and Jacki, who do like the competitive side of the game, but their ability to pass changes/make actions that pertain to this environment is (correct me if I'm wrong) minimal.

In fact, I'd wager that the downfall of competitive smallscale PvP is celebrated by a great many (and not just among the team) - 'death to the dirty elitists, get those premades out of my scenario, goddamn premades ruining my solo experience!' - and the game itself is much more likely to appeal to casuals these days.

Ironically, the only 'competitive' format in RoR, that is both celebrated and actively endorsed, is the PvE scene: you have to form groups to do it, you have to do it regularly in order to get access to your Over 9000 Power Ring & Weapons, you are encouraged to put in the work, and grind out your rewards because they are actually worth a damn! Why is the same not true of scenarios? Well, it's quite simple, really... scenarios involve other people! God forbid people get farmed by better players, outplayed by better players, experience a bit of banter from other players (which people are too **** quick to call 'toxicity' - grow a pair!), or have their 'I only have 2 hours to play every Pentecost' experience 'ruined' by the big bad Legion of Boom! No, we do not want to encourage that!.

As for RvR? Kek, AFKing in a Fort for BIS Invader gear does not seem to be a pressing issue for the team whatsoever, and I have seen too many people fully decked out in this instant gratification gear who genuinely make me question how they got it when I observe how they play, or contribute to the war effort (elitist comment, Peter!). No contribution at all has resulted in derping your way to easy Invader (see the thread pertaining to a certain Destro guild who, allegedly, encouraged allowing their Fort to be overrun, claiming it was in the realm's interests), yet no one seems to think that this is a problem, or that this sets a precedent/contributes to the 'Gimme it for no hassle!' mentality that now permeates throughout the game.

As long as there are people playing the game (and there are, because RoR does do a lot of stuff right), and as long as no one really empathises with the competitive scene, this downwards trend will not only continue, but will also not be deemed worthy of expending resources/time to tend to.

(The above isn't a dig, and are merely my observations stemming from 5 years+ on RoR, and 1+ish on the team in some guise)

* ended

INB4 tEam eNtItlEd To dO WhAT thEy WanT/#LeaveRoRtneyAlone

tldr; won't happen, move onto other games (as most that I know have) if you want competitive PvP.

DokB

Post#4 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:50 pm

Didn’t you guys get the memo that this game is no longer about PvP? It’s about BiS gear locked behind PvE, locked behind further lockouts and high-octane gameplay of being AFK in forts.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

adamthelc

Post#5 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:03 am

I support Scenarios and I support competitive play. I dont support 6v6 specifically, but I dont have anything against it.

There should be some type of parallel gear progression for scenarios as a whole. Whether that is making a scenario set on par with the RvR set or allowing players to drop currency in scenarios for a single type of PvP set.

I think that adding different rewards besides something cosmetic for a minority within a minority is a bad idea. I dont mind if 6v6 got the same rewards, even a greater quantity of the same rewards.

To a certain extent the greatest rewards should be the competition itself. But you shouldnt have to spend time doing that getting no rewards, while some... less experienced player zergs his way to better gear.

So I think scenarios should be given more attention. Competitive play should be given more attention, but not special treatment. I also dont think competitive play should strictly be viewed as 6v6, but that seems like a digression.

MedV

Post#6 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:17 am

Yea its sad... I truly loved this game... roaming the lakes queing for scs were so much fun, progressing towards a goal.

Getting into scs I loved seeing who we were against and learning the good players and trying to focus them.

Now I cant even get myself to log on. I despise PvE, and having to do hours upon hours on each of my accts to get BiS is not something I can do. Scs were my absolute favorite thing about RoR. Now I feel if im not AFK in a fort or attacking npcs im wasting my time. Spent hours and hours getting my Sc weps just for the week after to have another better set released.

6v6 is by far the best part of this game, and yea I was not top tier of the elite and would lose over and over to some of the great order premades, but when you went up against another no name premade like ourselves, was so much fun. Win or lose we talked about our mistakes what could of went better and wanted to be better. Now most of my group has left War, with me recently having followed.

Idk why PvE has become such a BIG thing, a small minority of people come to RoR to PvE, they have way better options with other MMOs especially with WOW coming out. EVERYONE comes for rvr, whether it be gross zergs, small scale or 6v6. But pvp has taken the back seat with shitty forts and forced hours of PvE. I dont have the energy to play anymore and it truly saddens me. I never attained my goal of beating a Halcite premade in a true 6v6 =[
The King.

Nefarian78

Post#7 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:57 am

Scenarios have always been considered a mini-game for most devs, judging by their responses when this monthly topic is, inevitably, brought up.

I've always been a small-scale only player, being a zergling in RvR never interested me. The feeling of being treated like a second-class player has always been there and i'm not the only one that thinks that.

The 6v6 scene is dead just give up, It's not going to change. Only disappointment awaits you if you think otherwise.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

qwerty113

Post#8 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:19 am

Agree, 6v6 its what make game really awesome and amazing and i dont complain about pve, cus its have their own fun. Sad that i cant find really skilled players for 6v6. Anyway we must work on raise up quality of players gameplay and not as around zerg v zerg playstyle. If any prem will have advantages on others, its absolute normal and makes game more hardcore and fun at same time.
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Ads
Ysaran

Post#9 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:57 am

i agree with (most) of you all about both SCs and competitive play, they need to be looked at and need to be incentivized both.
i write here to simply point out that the focus on PvE is just natural and that it will pass on with then time. it's well-known that Devs want to implement every features of Live WAR. Now most of the things that need to be added in game are PvE only because in the past 5 years the PvE content were ignored.
i hope that before cities sieges release the team will add a new SCs set and that after cities sieges they will focus their attention in SCs.
Zputadenti

Hargrim
Developer

Post#10 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:12 am

Looking at this thread one can only wonder why, indeed, there are not many people in the team who want to invest their free time into bringing something interesting for the „organized” players.