Recent Topics

Ads

Why close the scenario thread...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
dalen
Developer

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#81 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:36 am

A reward that would probably work and don't constantly need to be changed to match other gear that is released is an Event slot item with for example a 7d duration.
It would also be a different type of reward for a different type of game play.

Along the lines of this old Hunter's Vale event item:
Source Developer

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#82 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:46 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:17 am @Harg

It's a shame if you genuinely feel that way. As i said, disagreement arose when the initial proposal was cosmetic rewards only; weapons would have been fine, but my point re alienating newer premades would have held true, back then. Now? Given sc gear is useless, it would probably work as newer groups don't even need the emblems when better alternatives exist elsewhere. You know I respect what you do for PvE, so don't let this take away from that.

And it’s not only me that feels that way, as far as I know Torque felt the same. Thing is, you said you want a compromise and in the end it wasn’t really the case. At the moment when it was dropped weapons and cosmetics were on the table and you were aware of it, as we discussed it. So, I hope this helped to clear the air and maybe will allow for some more honesty and tempered attitudes.

For now the idea is that the best sets in game will be gated behind the campaign progression. To progress it the whole realm need to put effort. The scenarios doesn’t really fit into this framework (being in essence play how much you want when you want).

Ototo

Post#83 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:56 am

Spoiler:
peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:17 am Not gonna reply to someone who is so quick to play the victim card whenever someone disagrees with him, crying incessantly about being subject to tirades of abuse at every opportunity like a child. Nice to see I'm living in your head rent free, though.

(...)
Here you confuse yourself with me. And that's not irony, but also an empathy trouble that I find more often than not. Every person has her/his issues. We aren't, at all, the same.

I can bet that you read in your head my posts like if I was screaming. I'm one of the most calmed vegetarian buddhist that you can meet. I haven't, literally, screamed in years. You by contrast seem easy to anger, and I completely believe that you screamed at devs to get more rewards. Cause that's probably how you do things. Now here's not a competition, you can't win when you negotiate. But you can't let that happen, and you will not, so that's why you don't have a 50% of what you want. You want a 100% or nothing. And I can bet, again, that you read that line as screaming.

I'm glad that the devs have the will to implement a balanced system that makes both realms equally happy and frustrated. That's how a balanced system works. Only minor troubles here and there, but no drama required, cause everything is on its wheels and going whr it should be.

Except scenarios. Specifically because of your attitude, your tendency to lie, and your disdain for others, which is not a problem when you disdain me, but surely is when you open your thread and pass 3 pages disdaining the dev responsible for what you want, criticising 1st his attitude, 2nd his predisposition, and 3rd his will. Hard to make a person to cooperate when you subtlety insult her/his work. Hard to make a person to cooperate when you lie in public to not look like whatever, and that lie lands in the roof of other person. Hard to make a person to cooperate when you can't actually cooperate but only issue orders that the others have to follow.

But hey, call me crazy again. It may work to mask reality.
I’m getting tired of that little drama between both of you. Stop that personal stuff since you can’t even handle it in your PMs. It won’t end good for both sides in the end.

Stick to SC topic or keep silence. No more personal wars, boot-licking, hidden and open offense.
Spoiler:

shaggyboomboom

Post#84 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:33 pm

You know it would a lot easier if you could all stop with passive aggressive ****.

RuffRyder

Post#85 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Apart from all the derailing here I'd like to at least leave some comments to the (imho) valid points stated here, namely the creation of a separated environment (be it arena or premade SC without any flag mechanics) and its incentives and rewards.

While my PoV is like 75% PuG, several organized stuff and 1 single 6v6 tournament (sadly, enjoyed it and the training for it a lot) I experienced both being stomped by premades in SCs when solo/duo and vice versa.

For all those who really think it's the systems' problem having organized groups playing against soloers: Wouldn't it be a win-win situation if all those that you see as so bad played in their own environment?
I guess it would, but it's not that easy, foremost because of the population, and apart from that because premade doesn't equal premande necessarily.

From what I hear the few (2?) left 6v6 guilds have problems finding proper playgrounds.
Inbetween are some guild-independent 6-mans roaming and queing from time to time, meeting each other or not.
And let's assume there are those bad elitist that love to stomp PuGs.
(I hope I don't have to set sarcasm tags.)

At least the creation/adjustment of an (rotating) SC for premades is already there, just need to completely remove all flags and guards and the premades looking for competitive play would be good, correct me if I'm wrong.
Why not give them rewards? Well, there may the a few that play for the sake of having real competition, but no rewards at all are not fair if you ask me.
Better rewards, hmm... I would disagree because once more rewards would be locked behind content the majority doesn't want to do.
Same rewards like usual SCs, simple as that, for kills, winning, quest - what's wrong with that?

Give it try.
Two things can happen: Either it attracts more people that are looking for competitive stuff (and I only have to look in our guild and can name some ppl that will be happy about it), or there are really so many bad elitist that will rather keep farming PuGs and nothing will change, but worse than now it can't get (balance- and whine-wise).

2c
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Hargrim
Developer

Post#86 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:11 pm

RuffRyder wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:05 pm Apart from all the derailing here I'd like to at least leave some comments to the (imho) valid points stated here, namely the creation of a separated environment (be it arena or premade SC without any flag mechanics) and its incentives and rewards.

While my PoV is like 75% PuG, several organized stuff and 1 single 6v6 tournament (sadly, enjoyed it and the training for it a lot) I experienced both being stomped by premades in SCs when solo/duo and vice versa.

For all those who really think it's the systems' problem having organized groups playing against soloers: Wouldn't it be a win-win situation if all those that you see as so bad played in their own environment?
I guess it would, but it's not that easy, foremost because of the population, and apart from that because premade doesn't equal premande necessarily.

From what I hear the few (2?) left 6v6 guilds have problems finding proper playgrounds.
Inbetween are some guild-independent 6-mans roaming and queing from time to time, meeting each other or not.

At least the creation/adjustment of an (rotating) SC for premades is already there, just need to completely remove all flags and guards and the premades looking for competitive play would be good, correct me if I'm wrong.
Why not give them rewards? Well, there may the a few that play for the sake of having real competition, but no rewards at all are not fair if you ask me.
Better rewards, hmm... I would disagree because once more rewards would be locked behind content the majority doesn't want to do.
Same rewards like usual SCs, simple as that, for kills, winning, quest - what's wrong with that?

Give it try.
Two things can happen: Either it attracts more people that are looking for competitive stuff (and I only have to look in our guild and can name some ppl that will be happy about it), or there are really so many bad elitist that will rather keep farming PuGs and nothing will change, but worse than now it can't get (balance- and whine-wise).

2c

So the only thing that stops 6v6 players to play their ranked scenario is the flag in Caledor Woods?

Jail

Post#87 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:12 pm

Good to see the love

Groomahr

Post#88 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:35 pm

Having a separate playground for 6v6 premade fights would be a reward in itself, considreing it'd be only there for a very small portion of the player base and it's never been in the live version of the game in the first place.
If devs do as much as creating "premade compatible" SC que (2 queues, one normal, one without BOs and objectives to win aside from most kills, maybe no repsawn) separately from normal SCs, I think those who are craving this experience should be happy enough without additional rewards (which would start a whine thread right away gear balance wise anyway).

Personally I'd love to see this happenning in some way, because I love doing SCs and kinda got bored with pointless premade vs. pug fights, especially with looooong waiting times between SC pops. So nothing personal here, but I'd like to fight a premade when I'm in a premade and quing like that, or stumble into a roaming one in the lakes - aside from that I don't even want to see them tbh.

So if the devs ever considered such thing in the past, I'd be happy to see something done about this in the not too distant future. I don't really care about how butthurt who's got in the past or who's right or not, or how one interprets this change to oneself (for the sake of premades, or the sake of pugs) - I agree on something similar happening would probably benefit everyone, and that's the only thing that should matter at the end of the day.
"No one gets to choose their doom, only how they face it!"

Groomz - Slayer || Hopebringer - WP || Brightblade - SM || Burniece - BW || Zaklith - RP || Kwyll - Chosen

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#89 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:43 pm

Groomahr wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:35 pm Having a separate playground for 6v6 premade fights would be a reward in itself, considreing it'd be only there for a very small portion of the player base and it's never been in the live version of the game in the first place.
If devs do as much as creating "premade compatible" SC que (2 queues, one normal, one without BOs and objectives to win aside from most kills, maybe no repsawn) separately from normal SCs, I think those who are craving this experience should be happy enough without additional rewards (which would start a whine thread right away gear balance wise anyway).

Personally I'd love to see this happenning in some way, because I love doing SCs and kinda got bored with pointless premade vs. pug fights, especially with looooong waiting times between SC pops. So nothing personal here, but I'd like to fight a premade when I'm in a premade and quing like that, or stumble into a roaming one in the lakes - aside from that I don't even want to see them tbh.

So if the devs ever considered such thing in the past, I'd be happy to see something done about this in the not too distant future. I don't really care about how butthurt who's got in the past or who's right or not, or how one interprets this change to oneself (for the sake of premades, or the sake of pugs) - I agree on something similar happening would probably benefit everyone, and that's the only thing that should matter at the end of the day.

So the only thing that stops 6v6 players to play their ranked scenario is the flag in Caledor Woods?

larsulu
Suspended

Post#90 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:48 pm

RuffRyder wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:05 pm Apart from all the derailing here I'd like to at least leave some comments to the (imho) valid points stated here, namely the creation of a separated environment (be it arena or premade SC without any flag mechanics) and its incentives and rewards.

Give it try.

2c
We need more ppl into 6v6 scene and not only the usual 2/3 elite premades.
It could be awesome if more ppl would make a premade, starting to play together, improve their own play style and grp sunergies, lots of players will do 6v6 at the same level of skills.
But for making it happen ppl should take some incentive for join/making premade and go for 6v6, that’s why in my locked post I asked some “ rewards “ for whom wanna partecipate in a pvp way different then wb bs wb, keep siege or fort.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok