Recent Topics

Ads

Why close the scenario thread...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
larsulu
Suspended

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#11 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:19 pm

@natherul @hargrim

Really I don’t wanna bother you ( I know your work on ror during your free time and I can’t only imagine how much could be hard for you ) but let me explain my point of view:
Make a “6v6 sc ladder “ separate with the sc rotation ( I don’t wanna force to anyone ) .
Everyone can join ( 40/40 )
No issue about only super elite premade imbalance : more average players ( as 6v6 experience ) will join as grp more chance they have to fight ppl at the same league of 6v6 skill.
Is gonna be a pure pvp style game.
Something different from massive wb fights keep siege fort lock.
Increase, learning how to play in 6v6 with your friends/group/guild.
Lots of ppl don’t have enough time for 3 hours lock/fort or hard pve. You can do lots of 6v6 in less then 2 Hours.
More competition between guilds ( is a pvp game ).
Involve more ppl to come back to ror.
Lots of ppl plays only for competition ( that is he real meaning of pvp game IMO ) and not for grinding gear chars after chars, give em a chance.
I really wanted let you know my idea.
Cheers
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#12 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:28 pm

larsulu wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:19 pm @natherul @hargrim

Really I don’t wanna bother you ( I know your work on ror during your free time and I can’t only imagine how much could be hard for you ) but let me explain my point of view:
Make a “6v6 sc ladder “ separate with the sc rotation ( I don’t wanna force to anyone ) .
Everyone can join ( 40/40 )
No issue about only super elite premade imbalance : more average players ( as 6v6 experience ) will join as grp more chance they have to fight ppl at the same league of 6v6 skill.
Is gonna be a pure pvp style game.
Something different from massive wb fights keep siege fort lock.
Increase, learning how to play in 6v6 with your friends/group/guild.
Lots of ppl don’t have enough time for 3 hours lock/fort or hard pve. You can do lots of 6v6 in less then 2 Hours.
More competition between guilds ( is a pvp game ).
Involve more ppl to come back to ror.
Lots of ppl plays only for competition ( that is he real meaning of pvp game IMO ) and not for grinding gear chars after chars, give em a chance.
I really wanted let you know my idea.
Cheers

All parts except sc ladder are already in game?

larsulu
Suspended

Post#13 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:42 pm

Yes You’r right, those stuff aside ladder already existed in ror.
But lots of ppl keeps away from 6v6 scene and I bet they would say the same thing “ I don’t wanna being farmed by the elite grp “ .
Only your devs have the power to make it happens, I’m pretty sure the ladder will helps lots of players in this amazing game.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Hargrim
Developer

Post#14 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:56 pm

larsulu wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:42 pm Yes You’r right, those stuff aside ladder already existed in ror.
But lots of ppl keeps away from 6v6 scene and I bet they would say the same thing “ I don’t wanna being farmed by the elite grp “ .
Only your devs have the power to make it happens, I’m pretty sure the ladder will helps lots of players in this amazing game.

But what do you propose to convince people to play those? You made a list of stuff that is already in, except one thing. Im sure adding just ladder won't change anything - people just won't play it if they got rekt all the time.

It's great people with the source code and some knowledge can make changes, but you didn't propose anything to be changed or implemented that can bring the result you want.

oaliaen

Post#15 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:51 pm

if they make a sc ladder , they gonna have to bother about 6v6 imbalances and more whinning..so i dont think it will happen. As we know, the balance is around wb vs wb.

Just remember the last tournament.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#16 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Hargrim wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:56 pm
larsulu wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:42 pm Yes You’r right, those stuff aside ladder already existed in ror.
Try to adding some cosmetic gear or ( pure example ) a genesis token ? Rr pots ? Also a green/blue onslaught bags. Something to involve people

But what do you propose to convince people to play those? You made a list of stuff that is already in, except one thing. Im sure adding just ladder won't change anything - people just won't play it if they got rekt all the time.

It's great people with the source code and some knowledge can make changes, but you didn't propose anything to be changed or implemented that can bring the result you want.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Hargrim
Developer

Post#17 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:02 pm

So your idea is to just hand over stuff from other places in game to those ladder SCs? That's what I call bad idea.

Sulorie

Post#18 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:08 pm

The major problem with sc nowadays are queue times in my opinion.
Since the whole rework of filtering classes by being healer, tank or dps spec, the pops dropped significantly, no matter what role you play. Additional, the match quality didn't improve at all. We get the same odd no healer or too much class x setups as before, just with much lower sc pops.
No idea whether the queue manager shuffles people in randomly every pop but it is hard to believe, that it works properly, when being in queue for an hour and more until pop, and theoretically each player has a fixed position in queue and moves forward in queue, whenever a new sc opens without giving you a pop.
Dying is no option.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#19 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:01 pm

oaliaen wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:51 pm if they make a sc ladder , they gonna have to bother about 6v6 imbalances and more whinning..so i dont think it will happen. As we know, the balance is around wb vs wb.

Just remember the last tournament.
6v6 balance is actually in a very good place, and is much, much better than WB balance (how's WB v WB working for all dem WE/WH/WLs?). Shows how little you know about it, but such comments are to be expected at this stage.
Hargrim wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Thing is, I was also interested and invested in it, so much that I even created most of the new system for ranked scenario play.
Correction: you were interested in your interpretation of a ranked scenario, i.e one that would force objective play in a 6v6. Despite being told that this wouldn't be received well, despite being told how there were only 1 or 2 maps that would work for this approach, you absolutely insisted on having objectives play a part, which sorta betrayed how little you knew of the scene you purported to be wanting to bring life to, as well as the fact that it would mandate a complete overhaul to many of the scenarios (read: 99%) if you forced objective-based 6v6. Suggestions were given on how to make some of the better ranked map candidates work: for example, Blackfire Basin flag leaving the carrier after 30 seconds, one flag capture resulting in a win, which would promote fast-paced PvP, or Caledor Woods flag turning neutral after 1 minute, and penalise turtle comps for trying to cheese 'victories'. Aside from these, though, it was practically impossible to make flag-based 6v6 actually work, short of a radical overhaul; this point was made to you, but it fell on deaf ears as it did not correspond with what you wanted to achieve.

Reality is that your pushy attitude put me off from finishing it or implementing it, mostly the "want everything and more than others'' part of it. You can probably get back to those conversations we had on discord and check yourself to have a little memory refresh.
Reality is that you did not want to invest time into something that did not align with how you perceived ranked should be. Your trump card, of course, was 'I am the one who can make these changes, therefore I will only implement it if it is something I like' - so we were beating our heads against a Bastion Stair Brick Wall from the get-go.

Also, it appears that you forgot our PMs, where I would talk with you about how to incorporate objectives, kills & time into the end reward (as per your request), so please don't pretend that I was not cooperative.

To your idea of having pure pvp arena without any objectives I said sure, but you will get new currency with new rewards, without the option to get the currency for normal SC sets
The issue was that you envisioned these new rewards as being cosmetic only, which would only 'appeal' to the same BIS hardcore premades. Contrary to what you may believe, the intent was to get people wanting to make groups to fight other groups, even if they lost, because they knew that they would be rewarded for their efforts in the long-run (this line of reasoning is what prompted the 6v6 scenario(s) giving increased loser emblems). My counter (and not just mine alone) was that it made little sense to invest time into something if it would only appeal to people who were already BIS geared; why would you queue ranked scenarios as a semi-new group if you weren't seeing any tangible gains, unless you were RR70+ and BIS? Wasn't the idea to encourage newer groups to get involved in group play, most of whom wouldn't be in BIS? Perhaps it's a nonissue now, given that there are better alternatives to scenario gear/weapons.

You didn't like the first part and threw a tantrum so I just stopped to discuss it or work on it at all. Same as that Torque bugbear.
Nah man, you just didn't like people disagreeing with how you envisioned ranked scenarios /Shrug

oaliaen

Post#20 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:08 pm

6v6 is tottaly balanced, right..for order side. You want ranked sc for stomp ppl in destro side? Man it will never happen.. like grim said.