Recent Topics

Ads

Why close the scenario thread...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#71 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:26 am

It never finalized (items were not created) because people that could do anything with it decided OOTMKP is not someone we want to discuss it and the topic case to exist.

Power level discussed at the time was above current BIS which was Subjugator.

Ads
Groomahr

Post#72 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:31 am

Not sure if anyone mentioned it before or not, don't have time to go through all the posts.

I understand SCs are important for elitist players so they can have their fun against each other without having to invest too much into organizing an event, also they're very important as an alternative for large scale battles, not to mention as a source for various sets and weapons. That's all good, the point I'd like to make comes down to time investment purely.

The problem I see (and experience) is, you must have a lot of time to get the feeling that you logged in and actually achieved something that day. This kind of / sense of achievement or experience is crucial in an MMO game in keeping ppl coming back and log on every day. Now, don't get me wrong, I love RVR battles, I love to run dungeons from time to time, or farming !@#$ to level professions - but all of these require hours to actually get that feeling I talked about.

SCs in this regard should be the way to go when you got like an hour to play, and you want something to happen, fast. Locking a zone, clearing a dungeon is not possible in that timeframe, but 2-3 quick rounds of SCs with a couple of minutes in the queue in between would and should work great. And this is not about instant gratification or anything - actually the real progress you make with 2-3 SCs is quite small, so I don't see what the gratification would be here.
No, it's just about placing SCs in the position in this regard where they belong - quick/fast action in your face that has a start and a conclusion and can be jammed in smaller windows of time than the other aspects of the game.

What rules are applied inside a given SC, how it affects character/power/gear progression or any other aspects really should come after this in my opinion. How to achieve this? I'm not sure, I'd need a lot of data and the experience of the devs in some areas to make a worthwhile suggestion, so I just leave my 50 cents here.
"No one gets to choose their doom, only how they face it!"

Groomz - Slayer || Hopebringer - WP || Brightblade - SM || Burniece - BW || Zaklith - RP || Kwyll - Chosen

Sulorie

Post#73 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:34 am

Flavorburst wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:21 am Stronger than yet-to-be-released city-tier weapons?
Don't expect too much of city tier weapons. They have same attribute values apart from maybe 2% more crit compared to current rr61 weapons, when following the planned power curve.
Dying is no option.

peterthepan3

Post#74 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:35 am

Hargrim wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:47 am I love how it was ignored what I said about proposed rewards for this activity that were deemed not enough by the person with one of the best scen knowledge in the game.

But, please, continue.
You initially wanted cosmetic rewards with no emblems, to which I (I am one person) objected on the basis that a) it wouldn't appeal to newer/lower geared groups (tangible > cosmetic), so it would only really be worth losing tangible progression if you were absolutely BIS and b) the premise itself, ie that premades would be getting too much, being flawed, especially when one looks at other areas of the game, and relative ease of acquisition that no one bats an eyelid to. Despite this, we actually ended up agreeing on some items, a compromise, and also discussed how to incorporate objectives/time/kills into end reward, yet the project dissipated regardless. To make out that it was because no-one wanted to work with me is probably not too far off the truth, but you should also admit that people working on it wanted their own ideas to be realised, otherwise they wouldn't care to get involved (same situation as balance). Tldr what you saw as 'peter being a ****' was me playing Devil's Advocate, offering counterarguments - wanting it to work.

As always, it's good to see the usual suspects missing the point entirely, seeing their buzzword 'premade' and assuming the worst.
Our lovely anti-premade posters seem to be blissfully unaware of how much encouraging premade v premade would actually benefit them (less nasty 6mans farming pugs if they are encouraged to fight other 6mans), but hey-ho! Pug farming is cool for both sides, it seems!

The fact is that the situation is now even more bleak, as scenario sets and weapons aren't the best by any means (those 15 emblems from 6v6 scenario don't mean much when they are going towards lesser gear/weapons). On the opposite side, you have incentives to group up regularly in PvE, there is no PuG PvE solo queue that would remove the need to do groups at all, etc.

I feel like I'm repeating this stuff a lot, for which I apologise, but I think it needs to be reiterated until people grasp how dire the situation is, and understand why premade shitters are so riled up in their little cages, while everyone else is strolling through the meadows, hand in hand.

I love the new nickname, by the way!

larsulu
Suspended

Post#75 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:35 am

Manatikik wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:42 am Instead of having this devolve further why not use it as an opportunity to post what we think good incentives would be, and vice versa. I agree though a 6v6, no respawn (rez ok obviously) fight to wipe or most kills at 15 minutes is the best way to do a ranked ladder.

Incentives would be cool appearance gear, a decent offspec for SC gear (like what Bloodlord is), or the BiS weapons (which again like what BL is). Owr you could just put in liniment drops or what not for wins a long with a ladder.
Totally agree with that.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Hargrim
Developer

Post#76 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:50 am

@peter

Thing is, it fallen apart when I said it did - you wanted to have cake and eat it too, which is:

PvP only SCs with new weapons and cosmetic items obtainable only through this ranked SCs from the team site and peter screaming ‘gibe standard sc currency too!’ from the other. I guess thats the kind of compromises and attitudes developers engaging with community get. And being called snarky cunts or being stealthy stabbed by ex team members to just stir **** (hi there Magic!).

marisco

Post#77 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:34 am

To be honest I would be satisfied with just returning to old scenario matchmaking. The queues have gotten so long that's pretty much not viable to grind scs anymore. I understand that the change was supposed to make things better in respect to team balance but as it stands right now it doesn't quite make a difference.

I also understand that no one wants to play in a group full of dps against a 2/2/2 opposing team. However, in the old matchmaking there would be so many pops that these instances were far and between. Yes, you would get some awful comps but hey, you could always queue again and get another pop in 5 min.

I have leveled 2 toons to 40 via scenarios pugs only before. Both dps. As it stands right now, I don't think thats possible anymore.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#78 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:13 am

I don’t wanna put more salt here but ror players used to do more pvp, premade ( not only elite’s ones ) small groups when there was no much pve.
I don’t complain this I like ror pve, dungeons and especially devs made an amazing idea about hard pq t4 since before the reworks they were really useless.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
Ototo

Post#79 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:35 am

Ok, all you say that Anarchypark is completely wrong. Yet, complain that now that there is no rewards of relevance at all in scenarios (carrots), there is no population (preys). Cause people that like scenarios are CASUAL PLAYERS WITHOUT MUCH TIME, and don't want to be farmed, which 100% logical. The more you say in this thread, the more you show me how much disconnected from the vast majority of the player-base you are.

What you don't seem to understand is that the population trouble was created by people like you. Out of those 700 players online, a vast amount are veterans from WAR that have now grown up and have families. Scenarios would be the perfect thing to do, just login, do some very fast 15 minutes capture-the-zone simulations, then log off. Like it is now, with the guy that actually did throw a tantrum at having to do Bastion Stairs to get the weapons cause of a min-maxing of stats being your "vocal", you can imagine what we casuals think about you.

Believe this old man: Rallying under him will only kills even more the interest of the devs and 99% of the player-base in scenarios. He is not only a compulsive reality-twister (AKA liar), but also a person that can not loose, no matter how he has to do it. Insulting, harassing, using logical fallacies, trying to lure others into commit violations of the rules, etc... and that's only what I have seen so far in these couple months.

To negotiate you have to loose something to win something. Not only that. Honesty is the number 1 rule in any negotiation. And I know this cause that is actually my job. But hey, I'm whatever these guys called me. With these as "vocals", you aren't gonna rally, at all, to any other person. Cause we can see that you lie and want us to be lured into a trap to be farmed, and that's not gonna happen, hence why you get no scenario pops.
Spoiler:

peterthepan3

Post#80 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:17 am

Not too keen to reply to someone who is so quick to play the victim card whenever someone disagrees with him, crying incessantly about being subjected to tirades of abuse at every opportunity like a child. You refuse to discuss things; one need only refer to your previous post in this thread, where you were already resorting to your buzzwords and grievance taker persona.

I could not care any less about what you have to say about me. I have no idea who you are, but you appear to be just another minion of the anti-premade, PugsRightsMatter mob pack that can't be reasoned with; the guy who wants everything catered to the '50-year-old-with-3-kids-only-have-1 hour-to-play-every-year-feelings-trump-facts' player - at the expense of everyone else. Get off your pedestal.

@Harg

It's a shame if you genuinely feel that way. As i said, disagreement arose when the initial proposal was cosmetic rewards only; weapons would have been fine, but my point re alienating newer premades would have held true, back then. Now? Given sc gear is useless, it would probably work as newer groups don't even need the emblems when better alternatives exist elsewhere. You know I respect what you do for PvE, so don't let this take away from that.