Recent Topics

Ads

Why close the scenario thread...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#21 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:15 pm

I hope that funny meme will bring the scenarios you so much desire :).

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#22 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:16 pm

oaliaen wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:08 pm 6v6 is tottaly balanced, right..for order side. You want ranked sc for stomp ppl in destro side? Man it will never happen.. like grim said.
You can beat WL/ASW with a DPS DOK/Mara, or Mara/Mara... love hearing 6v6 feedback from people who have never done it.

@Hargrim

You think I'm still holding out for anything for sc at this stage? Come on, man...

Reesh

Post#23 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:25 pm

So after a huge constructive wall of text of Peter's, you respond with supposed to be ironic snarky comment that poses a threat of not giving something *new* to the players, because he has uncovered the truth to the table?

Complete and absolute lel.

oaliaen

Post#24 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 pm

i never did whit you...and im glad about it.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#25 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:30 pm

Reesh wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:25 pm So after a huge constructive wall of text of Peter's, you respond with supposed to be ironic snarky comment that poses a threat of not giving something *new* to the players, because he has uncovered the truth to the table?

Complete and absolute lel.

Watch out to not lmao your ass from this leling. peter can show it how he wants, what was discussed was cosmetic and potent SC weapons, but oh well, good luck people.

Ekundu01

Post#26 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 pm

Not sure how much effort it requires or extra zones are available (maybe an area that they never put in on live) to use but you could take a page from DAOC and just make an rvr area with zero objectives for the premades to go fight each other if they truly say they want just a death match style fight. No SCs no rewards no scores just a place for premades to go bash each others skulls in.
Trismack

Hargrim
Developer

Post#27 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 pm Not sure how much effort it requires or extra zones are available (maybe an area that they never put in on live) to use but you could take a page from DAOC and just make an rvr area with zero objectives for the premades to go fight each other if they truly say they want just a death match style fight. No SCs no rewards no scores just a place for premades to go bash each others skulls in.

No, that's not what premades want :).

Ekundu01

Post#28 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Hargrim wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:13 pm
Ekundu01 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 pm Not sure how much effort it requires or extra zones are available (maybe an area that they never put in on live) to use but you could take a page from DAOC and just make an rvr area with zero objectives for the premades to go fight each other if they truly say they want just a death match style fight. No SCs no rewards no scores just a place for premades to go bash each others skulls in.

No, that's not what premades want :).
Yea i figured as much :lol: , with how much zerging in the lakes goes on, i would wager there are only a hand full of premades and putting any more effort then slapping a zone with a rvr lake and no npcs would probably be a waste of time a resources.

All though this server has a healthy population to support rvr and pve, i don't think it has a healthy premade population to have SCs and other things/rewards tied to a premade only system. No matter what angle or carrot is put on forcing people to premade, it won't change much if anything at all and the same premades will fight each other over and over. If one premade dominates consistently it most likely will just become a dead system that no one uses. The people that pug will still pug SCs the people that zerg rvr will still zerg and the pve crowd will still do that. You won't magically see people creating groups to do premade ladders or premade only SCs when that is not how they predominately play.
Trismack

Ads
larsulu
Suspended

Post#29 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:56 pm

I played daoc, i did lots of 8v8 in Agramon and it could
Be a good idea but i think you need something more to involve ror players into this.
Also you can do the same here in a locked zone.
As you can see the 6v6 scene in ror is dying, ppl rather being afk during a fort and collecting theirs 4 inv medals and when they are done they start it again with another char. I joined ror ( never played live ) for the pvp in all aspects and iv found 6v6/small scale more interesting and satisfying, where you can use your 100% of your class.
I rly hope devs give a try to bring back 6v6 scenes.
There lots of good ideas to use.
Last edited by larsulu on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ekundu01

Post#30 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:02 pm

larsulu wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:56 pm
I played daoc, i did lots of 8v8 in Agramon and it could
Be a good idea but i think you need something more to involve ror players into this.
I don't see why it has to be different here if people truly want 6v6 fights. You didn't get any gear or medals or territories to take over or score cards in Agramon, it was just the place players went that wanted fairly even fights. The zergs were in other areas taking keeps so you could always count on the fights to be mostly even in agramon cause there was no carrot for people to be chasing.
Trismack