Recent Topics

Ads

Why close the scenario thread...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
chokeanutsman

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#41 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:06 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:00 pm
chokeanutsman wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:37 pm
Crap like Thunder Valley and Stonetrail is the most obnoxious in design maps ever. Legit worse just as bad as the old Skyhammer and Spiritwatch maps from GW2, and those maps really pissed people off.
Well said. For too long have these maps been frequenting the rotation, which no doubt contributes to the sentiment people have. Scenarios such as Gates of Ekrund, Nordenwatch and Blackfire Basin should be in the rotation permanently, imo.
Honestly, yes. There would probably be less complaints about DPS Shaman and WL this way too.

Ads
wonshot

Post#42 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:41 pm

Input from a propper warbandshitter;

The only time I do scs, and btw i only do pug sc solo, is when Nordenwatch is on the table. That scenario has it all in my book.
-Punt options
-highground
-chokes
-3 capture points to spread out the action
-Fairly flat terrian but some line of sight breaking

Pretty much how i imagine all archetypes would feel acceptable queing based of the actual scenario.

Granted I dont have the insight on what the pro 6man heroes are doing or want ill stay the **** out of that. But from my pugging aspect these elements are important for my motivation to even thinking about queueing. The rewards are neither appealing nor imporant for me to queue, its just an aspect of the game I dont enjoy and no carrot would change that.

In terms of the the current gearing process on RoR it simply confuses the **** out of me.
Why cant Scenario gear be for hybrid tanks/healer and singletarget dps specs.
oRvR set for warband builds, focusing on grouphealing and tanking, aoe dps builds.
and pve be the fluff funny alternatives with cool appearances, different mounts and maybe 1-2 BiS accesories for the min/maxers

Why do SC heroes have to do rvr for their gear. oRvR players do pve to get their best sets for largescale and so on(?)
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

anarchypark

Post#43 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:32 am

wonshot wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:41 pm
Why do SC heroes have to do rvr for their gear. oRvR players do pve to get their best sets for largescale and so on(?)
cuz it's mini game.
it's training field for group play, strategy and communication.
to practice before bigger version of orvr.
yet some ppl want none of this.
they just want bashing each other's head, chasing preys beyond horizon.

it's completely different aspect of game. meaningless killing.
for me, it will be little better than city dummy test. almost boring as mob farming.

they know that nobody gonna play that area after being farmed.
so they wanted extra carrots.
it's to lure players ( aka preys ) into their playground ( aka trap )

so devs who know better about game design decided no extra carrots.
different aspect of game gets different reward.

if 'my idea is the best in the world' guy were smart enough to know his position,
we might have had death-match sc, even if 50 ppl playing it.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ototo

Post#44 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:19 am

anarchypark wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:32 am
wonshot wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:41 pm
cuz it's mini game.
it's training field for group play, strategy and communication.
to practice before bigger version of orvr.
yet some ppl want none of this.
they just want bashing each other's head, chasing preys beyond horizon.

it's completely different aspect of game. meaningless killing.
for me, it will be little better than city dummy test. almost boring as mob farming.

they know that nobody gonna play that area after being farmed.
so they wanted extra carrots.
it's to lure players ( aka preys ) into their playground ( aka trap )

so devs who know better about game design decided no extra carrots.
different aspect of game gets different reward.

if 'my idea is the best in the world' guy were smart enough to know his position,
we might have had death-match sc, even if 50 ppl playing it.
This comment pretty much sums the entire thread. No need to add or take.
Spoiler:

DokB

Post#45 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:20 am

More like that comment sums up all the uneducated, ill-informed opinions of the pugtrash that choke this game. Any serious premade abhors farming the same brainless pugs over and over when there is zero challenge involved.

It has never been about luring players into a trap. It’s always been about encouraging more players to join the competitive side so that the scene thrives and the flow on effect cascades into the other forms of gameplay. Rather than mindlessly zerging in RvR, or solo queuing in scenarios and/or playing without a brain; You would see more people forming groups and premades with proper compositions to fight each other and a more enjoyable state of play for all involved. To accomplish this, adequate incentives would need to be provided (aka carrots). Unfortunately all the current carrots (BiS gear with OP as **** jewel pieces) for the last 12+ months have been PvE and Fortresses have been a big letdown for many.

Is it so much to ask they throw a bone to the competitive scene and scenarios in the form of better incentives? You have people like Jono who has some of the best knowledge in game on the scene, as well as being the most vocal in pushing it forward into the spotlight. Not heeding his advice is foolish in my opinion but in the end it’s their ball and their rules so whatever, bring on the mindless RvR zerg warfare and PvE content that will never be played again once OP BiS items have been farmed.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ototo

Post#46 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:35 am

DokB wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:20 am More like that comment sums up all the uneducated, ill-informed opinions of the pugtrash that choke this game. Any serious premade abhors farming the same brainless pugs over and over when there is zero challenge involved.

It has never been about luring players into a trap. It’s always been about encouraging more players to join the competitive side so that the scene thrives and the flow on effect cascades into the other forms of gameplay. Rather than mindlessly zerging in RvR, or solo queuing in scenarios and/or playing without a brain; You would see more people forming groups and premades with proper compositions to fight each other and a more enjoyable state of play for all involved. To accomplish this, adequate incentives would need to be provided (aka carrots). Unfortunately all the current carrots (BiS gear with OP as **** jewel pieces) for the last 12+ months have been PvE and Fortresses have been a big letdown for many.

Is it so much to ask they throw a bone to the competitive scene and scenarios in the form of better incentives? You have people like Jono who has some of the best knowledge in game on the scene, as well as being the most vocal in pushing it forward into the spotlight. Not heeding his advice is foolish in my opinion but in the end it’s their ball and their rules so whatever, bring on the mindless RvR zerg warfare and PvE content that will never be played again once OP BiS items have been farmed.
Whatever, dude. I'm done with you too, and all that despise anything that is not hardcore gamers. Hope that you get what you wish for, cause it will be a game with the same ppl over, and over, and over, and over again. We people with actual lifes and works can not, and reading at you calling anyone not queuing in group, literally, "trash", just demotivate completely to the point of want not, enter in your elitist dynamics. Enjoy your empty scenarios and endless queues. You get what you deserve. For me, your insignificant minority of the community is what is "trash".
Spoiler:

Flavorburst

Post#47 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:23 am

Ototo wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:35 am
DokB wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:20 am More like that comment sums up all the uneducated, ill-informed opinions of the pugtrash that choke this game. Any serious premade abhors farming the same brainless pugs over and over when there is zero challenge involved.

Whatever, dude. I'm done with you too, and all that despise anything that is not hardcore gamers. Hope that you get what you wish for, cause it will be a game with the same ppl over, and over, and over, and over again. We people with actual lifes and works can not, and reading at you calling anyone not queuing in group, literally, "trash", just demotivate completely to the point of want not, enter in your elitist dynamics. Enjoy your empty scenarios and endless queues. You get what you deserve. For me, your insignificant minority of the community is what is "trash".
I don't know what's more comical, Zogg's post going so completely over your head, or you trying to claim you have an "actual life" while furiously posting on the message board for a 10 year old dead mmo with a signature as verbose and as color coded as yours.

anarchypark

Post#48 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 am

your sort always talk like competition and challenge are the best thing in your game,
then why does anyone need extra carrots ?

in ladder system. ranking itself is the reward.
and ranking fight itself provide competition and challenge.
no need extra carrots.
again, competition and challenge is the carrot in ranking system.

your design will lure extra carrot followers. for farming.
where is competition and challenge against farmers ?

so stop talking like you're interest in competition and challenge.
to me, you're interest in extra rewards and gears.

go out with your 6man against 100aao. if you hate zerg so much, destroy it.
it'll provide some challenge.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#49 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:36 am

anarchypark wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:29 am

your sort always talk like competition and challenge are the best thing in your game,
then why does anyone need extra carrots ?

in ladder system. ranking itself is the reward.
and ranking fight itself provide competition and challenge.
no need extra carrots.
again, competition and challenge is the carrot in ranking system.

your design will lure extra carrot followers. for farming.
where is competition and challenge against farmers ?

so stop talking like you're interest in competition and challenge.
to me, you're interest in extra rewards and gears.

go out with your 6man against 100aao. if you hate zerg so much, destroy it.
it'll provide some challenge.
Perhaps because that is how virtually every mmo in existence works (and for good reason).

Also, I don't know where you people get this idea that 6mans derive some sick pleasure out of torturing weaker players / teams. When there are no challenging groups on, we mostly just log off.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#50 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:47 am

I love how it was ignored what I said about proposed rewards for this activity that were deemed not enough by the person with one of the best scen knowledge in the game.

But, please, continue.