Recent Topics

Ads

Why close the scenario thread...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
anarchypark
Posts: 1644

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#61 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:33 am

DokB wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:27 am

@Anarchy
Competition and challenge derive from actually having people to play against. The best way to supplement this is for better incentives to get more people participating. Why do I even need to explain this? If you actually did participate in anything remotely competitive you would already know that no one is in it for the “extra rewards”.

my question is
why do you lure players who don't want 'competition and challenge' into that area ?
or
why do you want un-qualified players sign in 'competition and challenge' game ?

IMO, it'll only reduce 'competition and challenge' part.
like pouring water into salt water.
it'll get less and less salty. less competitive.
what's the logic of 'more player = more competition and challenge' ?
to me it sounds like 'more un-qualified player = more farm'

if you are not in for 'extra rewards' don't ask for it.
you already have 6vs6 SC. i don't know why competitive players don't play it.
are u sure 'extra rewards' are not part of problem?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL5, KoBS5, BW4, WP8, WH4, IB5, EG4, RP4, SL5
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE7, Cs7, Mg7, Ze6, Mara6, BO4, SH4, Shm5, Chop3
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
User avatar
Hargrim
Developer
Posts: 2465

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#62 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:38 am

DokB wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:29 am
Then perhaps the easier thing is to add a new set to SC rewards, one which is equivalent with BL/Invader? I’m not saying new sets are easy to stat and create but it would be a good first step in breathing life back into them, rather than overhauling objectives or adding ladders.

And there’s no need to be so contemptuous in your replies to me my friend, otherwise you are going to end up looking like a OOTSC (One Of The Snarkiest Cunts).

So is it epeen 6v6 epic pvp that need additional incentives to even start to exist or just incentive to play SCs that currently exist? It sounds like the issue is watered down even further with every post.

And I don’t really care what some loser on Internets cals me, sorry. But if I were you I’d watch out, because some of the team members don’t like vulgarity being thrown at team members. If there is enough respect and some thought put into posts I have no issue with being respectful.
Image

User avatar
Manatikik
Posts: 1172

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#63 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:47 am

Hargrim wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:56 am
Manatikik wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:42 am
Instead of having this devolve further why not use it as an opportunity to post what we think good incentives would be, and vice versa. I agree though a 6v6, no respawn (rez ok obviously) fight to wipe or most kills at 15 minutes is the best way to do a ranked ladder.

Incentives would be cool appearance gear, a decent offspec for SC gear (like what Bloodlord is), or the BiS weapons (which again like what BL is). Or you could just put in liniment drops or what not for wins a long with a ladder.

So why introduce ladder or statues if the most important thing are incentives?
The incentives are to encourage new people to get involved; the ladder is for the people already interested in it
<Montague><Capulet>

User avatar
Hargrim
Developer
Posts: 2465

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#64 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:54 am

Manatikik wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:47 am
The incentives are to encourage new people to get involved; the ladder is for the people already interested in it

Fair enough. Personally I lean more into direction of what anarchypark suggest, but my proposal was categorically smashed by OOTMKP so what you can do.
Image

User avatar
Manatikik
Posts: 1172

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#65 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:00 am

Hargrim wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:54 am
Manatikik wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:47 am
The incentives are to encourage new people to get involved; the ladder is for the people already interested in it

Fair enough. Personally I lean more into direction of what anarchypark suggest, but my proposal was categorically smashed by OOTMKP so what you can do.
Meh, i don't think introducing new blood makes it less competitive. It increases the player pool; the ranked would also help distance new 6 man groups/players from being stomped by higher ranked ones and still being able to cultivate and nurture a 6v6 scene that has a natural progression of people getting experience and geared up to fight the 'elitists'. I queue CW with every /5 group I get and a lot of the time the tanks/healers are new to it and at the end (even when we lose) they want to queue it again and try more - because its fun as ****. I just think trying to implement tools to help grow the 6v6 scene can only end well for the game, personally.
<Montague><Capulet>

User avatar
Hargrim
Developer
Posts: 2465

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#66 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:04 am

I think there are some differences between the ranked/ladder play and some kind of elo - I think I discuss mostly the first thing, ranked/ladder and I think elo is not needed. For starters there is not enough pop to justify its existence and for second much bigger companies struggle with correct implementation of this so we shouldn’t even try.
Image

User avatar
DanielWinner
Posts: 727
Contact:

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#67 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:13 am

In theory I could create an SC suggestions thread with clear structure to gather proper suggestions and even try to ask for in-game poll to see how many people are interested in new systems for SC (so high lvl RvR content which is forts and Capitals could get an alternative).
But...
As Natherul said some work has been done on SCs and there was a lack of devs which were interested in something new for SCs.
So, I guess, everyone here is beating a dead horse. It’s not going anywhere. I might be wrong but, as player, I haven’t done a single SC in 3 weeks by now and all my classes are in RvR specs, so I dealt with it, just playing only proper AOE classes and kick others from WBs.
SCs will stay for fun only probably.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha
Image

Flavorburst
Posts: 350

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#68 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:14 am

Hargrim wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:18 am
Go and read the thread then. Why do you post if you don’t?
I did read it.

You wrote:

"but you will get new currency with new rewards, without the option to get the currency for normal SC sets, some kind of ranked board and character named statues in the capitals for each career because this is entirely different type of gameplay than objective based scenarios which we reward with scenario sets."

Which is vague. I don't know what these "rewards" are that can be bought with the new currency. Perhaps you can expand a little on that.

Ads
User avatar
Hargrim
Developer
Posts: 2465

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#69 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:15 am

Flavorburst wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:14 am
Hargrim wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:18 am
Go and read the thread then. Why do you post if you don’t?
I did read it.

You wrote:

"but you will get new currency with new rewards, without the option to get the currency for normal SC sets, some kind of ranked board and character named statues in the capitals for each career because this is entirely different type of gameplay than objective based scenarios which we reward with scenario sets."

Which is vague. I don't know what these "rewards" are that can be bought with the new currency. Perhaps you can expand a little on that.

I expanded in subsequent post.
Image

Flavorburst
Posts: 350

Re: Why close the scenario thread...

Post#70 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:21 am

Hargrim wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:15 am
Flavorburst wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:14 am
Hargrim wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:18 am
Go and read the thread then. Why do you post if you don’t?
I did read it.

You wrote:

"but you will get new currency with new rewards, without the option to get the currency for normal SC sets, some kind of ranked board and character named statues in the capitals for each career because this is entirely different type of gameplay than objective based scenarios which we reward with scenario sets."

Which is vague. I don't know what these "rewards" are that can be bought with the new currency. Perhaps you can expand a little on that.

I expanded in subsequent post.
The only thing I saw outside of that was something about potentially "potent sc weapons", which is still vague. Would they be stronger than, say BS weapons? Stronger than yet-to-be-released city-tier weapons?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

cron