Recent Topics

Ads

Need for a middle tier for rvr

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Hargrim
Developer

Re: Need for a middle tier for rvr

Post#21 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:03 pm

The answer was already provided.

Ads
Ototo

Post#22 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:04 pm

Nekkma wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:36 pm It worked perfectly fine on live servers and people saying othervise are just wrong. It is a population issue. No more, no less. Population on this server outside of EU primetime is very likeky to small to sustain it.

Lower tiers provided a different experience than T4, with smaller battles and more limited skill set, which was fun. Just as T1 do now but the difference is that T1 lacks keeps.
It did not work in live. I leveled my characters playing my level 40, or levels 40s later, with an eye in State of the Realm just in case suddenly a low tier got busy.

Your memory, people, has went romantic about this. It was empty 2/3 of the time, and barely populated the other 1/3. U ended up giving up and power leveling to 40.
Spoiler:

RedKnox

Post#23 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:14 pm

This is probably a horrible idea, and if it is you have no need to reply.

But what if we opened up the T1 to envelop T2 as well? So the rotation of zones is a bit more varied then the current ones? providing a different challenge and readying people for T3 & 4? Make Tier 1 a bracket of 1-19, and T4 20-40.

I fully realise this idea requires a rework of how the 1-19 bracket would function, with mounts and the ability/gear difference between the levels. I propose this because miss the good fights in T2 Ch v Em or the tiny GS v Dw lakes, they were great fun. It would also render the influence gear more obtainable and desirable, having a meaningful reward when you reach 18. This idea would require a minor rework of the T2 and if that is out of the teams capacity, fine that is okay.

I am unsure if this would have any impact on the T4 environment, but I cannot see any intimidate impact. If you do please tell inform me about it. :)
Asusia, Warrior-Priest
Heralda, Knight

Vatroskja, Magus
Pazghul, Blackguard

saupreusse
Developer

Post#24 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:39 pm

Nekkma wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:36 pm It worked perfectly fine on live servers and people saying othervise are just wrong. It is a population issue. No more, no less. Population on this server outside of EU primetime is very likeky to small to sustain it.

Lower tiers provided a different experience than T4, with smaller battles and more limited skill set, which was fun. Just as T1 do now but the difference is that T1 lacks keeps.
No it did not and i dont get why you would even lie about this. I playes live when there was no one around to play against in low pop mid tier zones. When all guilds died because no one was left to help level the newbies. When mythic aknowledged the system has failed and introduced stupid champion rats to slay for 10 hours to get your alts to tier4. When they introduced faster leveling/exp potions and other stupid crap to make leveling less of a pain. It didnt work. I played on karak norn, drakenwald and later the merged eu servers and it never worked. It was a flawed design choice and the devs knew it and the players knew it and it sucked balls to play the game in 2012/2013 when no one was there to play with you outside of tier 4 or the lucky eu prime time warband. Ppl who say otherwise are either lying or seeing the past through rose tinted glasses.

TenTonHammer

Post#25 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:48 pm

the only time that mid tier became active on live was when people use stop exp at lvl 39 to make sure that they get enough renown for full trivial blows so they dont get blown up by rr100 players in t4

Nekkma

Post#26 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 pm

I played the entire live duration, (more or less as i had a few shorter breaks when i did not play much) and people saying lower tiers was unplayable and such are basically saying that RoR is unplayable outside of EU prime time. Yes, sometimes on live T2 or T3 was dead, guess what sometimes the entire campaign on this server is dead. So by the same reasoning this server is unplayable which of course is absurd. Just as absurd to say that lower tiers dis not work on live. I had plenty of fun in lower tiers and if lower tiers was dead i just relogged to a t4 character instead of just logging of when the campaign sucks on ror.

I never said it was perfect, i said it was fine. The ones saying it was utherly broken and terrible are the exaggerating ones, not me.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

saupreusse
Developer

Post#27 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:34 pm

Nekkma wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:56 pm I played the entire live duration, (more or less as i had a few shorter breaks when i did not play much) and people saying lower tiers was unplayable and such are basically saying that RoR is unplayable outside of EU prime time. Yes, sometimes on live T2 or T3 was dead, guess what sometimes the entire campaign on this server is dead. So by the same reasoning this server is unplayable which of course is absurd. Just as absurd to say that lower tiers dis not work on live. I had plenty of fun in lower tiers and if lower tiers was dead i just relogged to a t4 character instead of just logging of when the campaign sucks on ror.

I never said it was perfect, i said it was fine. The ones saying it was utherly broken and terrible are the exaggerating ones, not me.
If exaggerating means demanding a basic playablity from an mmo i used to pay 12 bucks a month i guess i and everyone i used to play with was exaggerating, yes. I have higher standards than roaming the mid tier with 12 randoms at best and if im lucky one party of defenders on the other side. The m in mmo is for massive, not minimalistic. A few parties may make the game work for some, not for me and im glad we mostly got rid of the issue here.

Drys

Post#28 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:48 pm

Then wouldn't it stand to reason that forts should be open to all levels if 16-39 can't support having an RVR zone open? By having forts be 40-only, then there is no viable RVR for everyone sub-40 when a fort is open. Ergo, forts should be open for all levels or we assume that when we send all the 40s into a fort that doesn't kill RVR for everyone else.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

Ads
CeeJay89

Post#29 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:02 pm

Instead of just opening T2 and T3 as their own tier, why not simply break off the T2 maps and only allow R16 -R30 people in (similar to T2/T3 scenario range and bolster) while still allowing those R16 - R30 players to jump into the T3/T4 maps as it is now?

It would give lower ranked players the option to play against similarly geared players, while still being able to play with the bulk of players. It would also take T2 out of the T3/T4 rotation, which most people don't enjoy doing anyways, and are almost always left for when there's literally nothing else to do.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#30 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:04 pm

Drys wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:48 pm Then wouldn't it stand to reason that forts should be open to all levels if 16-39 can't support having an RVR zone open? By having forts be 40-only, then there is no viable RVR for everyone sub-40 when a fort is open. Ergo, forts should be open for all levels or we assume that when we send all the 40s into a fort that doesn't kill RVR for everyone else.

Ergo, when fort opens T2 zone should open in one of 2 other pairings if there are no other active zones.