Recent Topics

Ads

1 Invader Token when you win non-fort T4

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
fungame211

1 Invader Token when you win non-fort T4

Post#1 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:32 pm

Thoughts? Broken or not good enough?

Nowadays, people complaining about winning = slowing down getting invader tokens. How would this idea work in theory?

Ads
Toshutkidup

Re: 1 Invader Token when you win non-fort T4

Post#2 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:38 pm

Im against it, imo invader should be earned as endgame ( current ) currency. Also not fan of thought of making invader meds drop from kills either
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:52 pm

Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:38 pm Im against it, imo invader should be earned as endgame ( current ) currency. Also not fan of thought of making invader meds drop from kills either
Putting aside that forts are one the worst designed "maps"

Putting aside that rvr completely dies once fort pop, killing the desire for people to try and go to another open zone

Putting aside the negative impact that forts have on the playerbase with people actively try to suggest trying to throw zones just so that they can go defend forts

Invader is just a current endgame gear, just like conq or anni that came before it, when conq emblems dropped no one complained why would it be so now? Let the emblems drop in orvr and jack the prices up for invader to compensate

dicking around in the zone before fort to have a reserved spot, half ass dropping AoE in forts or afking in jail, losing, leaving with 4 invader medals

rinse and repeating 50 times to get "end game" gear is nothing special and in no way feels like you really earned it anyway

atleast if it drops from orvr less people will be inclined to throw zones just to get to for and more people will be intrested in going to other zones when forts are going on instead of playing click the portal

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#4 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:22 pm

I couldnt agree rvr tokens should be rvr. The usual way from kills and from achieving a high enough rank for them to drop also as loot from keep take. Bags from forts should be done on a cumulative basis like zone captures. So youre roll increases and you will eventually get a gold bag. I have done over fifty forts to get full invader it is not fun if the reward arent there and you have to endure an hour attacking a lord stage that you are losing.

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:18 pm

Now with only one zone open at a time, the chance of forts becomes even more random

Invader becomes even harder to acquire

Invader medallions should drop in orvr

anarchypark

Post#6 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:08 am

No. if fort become rare, make it easier to open, like easy keep siege etc.
there are many creative ways.

invader outside fort only create farm.
i'm sick of ' don't push. let's farm '
boring af.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Stophy22

Post#7 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:40 am

anarchypark wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:08 am i'm sick of ' don't push. let's farm '
boring af.
A-****-Men

Dude I hate this mentality its bonkers stoopid.

so stupid.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Collateral

Post#8 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:33 am

Stophy22 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:40 am
anarchypark wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:08 am i'm sick of ' don't push. let's farm '
boring af.
A-****-Men

so stupid.
So I guess you like the 'lets drop our zone so we can go fort' mentality more.

The system is boring, it gives you absolutely no feeling of personal progress. You can do one ability every 10 mins and you will still get the same reward if you did one ability every 1,5 seconds. Getting invader seems like a chore, instead of being a bi-product of having fun. If that is fun for you ok, but many people have expressed their negative feelings about this system. Tenton perfectly pointed out the issues.

I miss the old days where you actually got rewarded end game currency for participating in pvp, meaning actually killing your enemies. When conq released rvr was crazy, action everywhere. It could get zergy in the beggining, but nothing compared to zergs and pug blobs we get virtually every day now.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#9 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:37 am

Collateral wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:33 am I miss the old days where you actually got rewarded end game currency for participating in pvp, meaning actually killing your enemies. When conq released rvr was crazy, action everywhere. It could get zergy in the beggining, but nothing compared to zergs and pug blobs we get virtually every day now.

I think you should check the historical forum posts about that zerg everyone complained about.

Stophy22

Post#10 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:39 am

Collateral wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:33 am
Stophy22 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:40 am
boring af.
A-****-Men

so stupid.
So I guess you like the 'lets drop our zone so we can go fort' mentality more.

The system is boring, it gives you absolutely no feeling of personal progress. You can do one ability every 10 mins and you will still get the same reward if you did one ability every 1,5 seconds. Getting invader seems like a chore, instead of being a bi-product of having fun. If that is fun for you ok, but many people have expressed their negative feelings about this system. Tenton perfectly pointed out the issues.

I miss the old days where you actually got rewarded end game currency for participating in pvp, meaning actually killing your enemies. When conq released rvr was crazy, action everywhere. It could get zergy in the beggining, but nothing compared to zergs and pug blobs we get virtually every day now.
Nope still hate dropping zone mentality. Don't assume stuff about me haha, this isn't choice A or B. I think invaders should drop from killing people of appropriate renown, encouraging how the game is meant to be played to progress, but you get people in that mix who want to "farm" players which is just a stupid mentality.

There is systems in place to punish people for killing the same people but if you're intentionally farming the same players over and over instead of progressing the game and taking that keep (for an example because I know some players used to actually used to do **** like this) thats just BM. Intentionally making the game **** for other people just so you benefit. Not a fan. I prefer when both sides are having fun because I believe that breeds the best game environment correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe its an unpopular opinion.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x