Recent Topics

Ads

Reikland Factory 4th Flag Feedback Thread.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
chokeanutsman

Re: Reikland Factory 4th Flag Feedback Thread.

Post#41 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:01 pm

So because the "rotation is random," are you implying that you have no control over the rotation then?

For example, it is impossible for the devs to make mourkain temple in permanent rotation?

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#42 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:56 pm This type of gameplay was always objective based. You did PvP not for the sake of PvP but to complete the objective. If you can do that without any PvP it’s still part of objective based gameplay.
You missed my point re adding another flag into RF entirely, it seems, so just to reiterate: map is already objective-based enough, has been proven to work, can already avoid PvP almost entirely and secure a win/close shave, so adding an extra flag will simply promote more objective-based play for the sake of it - possibly at the expense of PvP skrims (though this isn't an issue if your goal is to limit actual PvP engagements in scenarios, I suppose).

If you genuinely believe people queue for scenarios for objectives first, and PvP second, then lel. Scenarios have objectives that should be played, but PvP should also have its importance.

Ketamine

Post#43 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:04 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:56 pm This type of gameplay was always objective based. You did PvP not for the sake of PvP but to complete the objective. If you can do that without any PvP it’s still part of objective based gameplay.
Not sure how delusional you actually are...
I cant remember, the main goal of this game ever was objectives and PvE based.
Sure, objectives etc allways existed, but people allways played WAR for PvP, not for annything else, it was just also part of it.
You guys made it into that, not the game or the OG Devs.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Flavorburst

Post#44 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:51 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 pm
You missed my point re adding another flag into RF entirely, it seems, so just to reiterate: map is already objective-based enough, has been proven to work, can already avoid PvP almost entirely and secure a win/close shave, so adding an extra flag will simply promote more objective-based play for the sake of it - possibly at the expense of PvP skrims (though this isn't an issue if your goal is to limit actual PvP engagements in scenarios, I suppose).

If you genuinely believe people queue for scenarios for objectives first, and PvP second, then lel. Scenarios have objectives that should be played, but PvP should also have its importance.
Yeah, objectives add flair to pvp, but too many and it can have the opposite effect.

I can't remember anyone ever saying "this SC could use more flags".

Additionally, the scenario with the most flags (Thunder Valley) is mostly disliked by the majority of the population. It's only saving grace being the amount of medals that are dropped (win or lose, you are probably getting out of there with ~5 medals).

wachlarz

Post#45 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:17 pm

Additionally, the scenario with the most flags (Thunder Valley) is mostly disliked by the majority of the population. It's only saving grace being the amount of medals that are dropped (win or lose, you are probably getting out of there with ~5 medals).
[/quote]

Best sc when u need farm 3k+ medalions

DanielWinner

Post#46 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:45 pm

I just want to remind people that feedback must be based on ACTUAL experience of playing NEW state of THIS map.
All speculations on flags in general and theory crafting on how one more flag will effect Reik factory have little value.
So you play it first, then you share it with us. Perfectly with screenshots or even videos.
Thank you for participation anyway.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Onemantankwall

Post#47 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:24 pm

Onemantankwall wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:23 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 pm

Oh hell yea when i work nights and que a few eu scs before work i 100% que for the more than 1 point scs. Mama didn't raise no fool! 1 embl wc camped or 3-4 always moving? If I'm gonna lose I'd rather lose through tactics instead of predetermined brute force (premade). You may farm the scrubs i que with but ima get at least 300-400 points for the extra embls before i lose. As a person casual queing would u rather sit in wc for entirety of the sc, or would you rather attempt to out maneuver the stronger force getting rewarded for it? Reikland factory is my embl showering waifu and as i remember from live i never understood why 4th flag was removed, it stopped the blob from auto winning from rubberbanning the back 2 bos.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

anarchypark

Post#48 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:17 am

4th BO lead to wc stalemate.
back lines can stay around guard range if pushed back.
front lines can block path to other BO if pushed forward.
underground entrances are also in block range.
it's wc back and forth around 4th BO.

if one side choose to go other BOs, 4th BO become vulnerable, other side take it and block wc.
reinforcements cut off so back to wc fight.

this was the reason 4th BO removed. too much wc back and forth.

though it's fresh to use terrain around 4th BO. scenery is unique.

here is suggestion - move back wc far away.

@pvpers
objectives adds value to the actual fight, like mission.
it's much better fighting against smart enemy than mindless zombies.
cuz both know what's at stake in that fight.
1on1 fight for the flag in phoenix gate is literally 150pt gamble.
it escalate quickly to X vs X, based on number of smart players.
fight for objective and pvp will follow.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Alvendo

Post#49 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:07 am

I like that new one

@anarchypark : ......make the Chaos Camp at the edge of the map then its faster win for order.....wtf

PS: I like Lost Vale more ups

flintboth

Post#50 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:57 am

here a short video with the new change on Reikland Factory scenario.
I have tryed to move to the 4 BO and show the map every time I can.
For this one we can see some behaviors but I think I have to play more scenario and I will see more differents BO approach, depending of "what" players joining (solo motivated, group motivted, duo, followers...).

Here I think there are more solo fight, duo on the both BO behind.
If they are dominated most of players just fight at the first BO just (re)released.

Click here to watch on YouTube
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)