Recent Topics

Ads

[Scenario] Make Domination kick in more when needed

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
peterthepan3

[Scenario] Make Domination kick in more when needed

Post#1 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:14 pm

Hello all,

I'd just like to bring to people's attention the Domination mechanic, which I feel is not working properly/enough in scenario games that see one side completely crushed from the get-go.

Issue

Oftentimes, scenarios end up with one side completely dominating the opposition. This results in one side staying in their Warcamp, while the enemy either a) farms them (most common), or b) does the Objective. If you are lucky, you will have both bases covered, i.e one group dealing with the enemy, while the other does the Objective.

The problem, however, is the amount of time that elapses while you are doing this: it can take up to 10 minutes before the scenario ends - even if your enemy are just camping their WC with no intention of coming out. You are left doing the objective with no opposition, so it feels as if you are simply running around for the sake of it, finishing the game not just for yourselves, but for the enemy who are idling around, twiddling their thumbs. This is not right.

What should normally happen is that the Domination buff will kick in pronto, ending the scenario before it has had the chance to drag into a monotonous, boring & uneventful snorefest, as these kind of scenarios are fun for noone. However, Domination is either not working when it should be, or is not coming into play enough when it should be.

These drawn-out snoozefests end up sapping the enthusiasm of all participants - winner or loser - which is, in my opinion, exacerbated when such games happen to occur in certain scenario maps that aren't received as warmly as others, with objectives that are pretty burdensome enough as it is. It doesn't help that the points you accumulate for capturing objectives in some of these maps (Khaine's Embrace being a prime example) is rather low, amplifying the feeling that you have been in this game for a millennia.

Suggestions

* Make Domination kick in automatically if 80%+ of enemy team have remained in their WC for over 60 seconds. Why? If the vast majority of your team have remained idle for that long, then it is fair to say that they all view their chances of winning very low, and have essentially forfeited the game. Also, 'forcing' the winning team to do back-to-back objective captures - with no opposition whatsoever - makes for incredibly boring & lacklustre gameplay.

* If at least 50% of the enemy team decide to leave the WC when Domination has kicked in, cancel Domination. This will permit those players who do want to try and win another chance (if they are so inclined), while also having the option of closing down the scenario if it is deemed a futile endeavour by the vast majority of the team.

* Alternatively, greatly increase the points given via objective capture/holding in certain maps: if enemy decides to camp the WC with no intention of coming out, you can shut down the game by doing 2 or 3 objective captures, max: any more than that is OTT, as the winning team are, in essence, punished for having won the game so fast, and the losers can simply bide their time, grab a drink etc., knowing that the other side will, effectively, 'ease their suffering' in a few minutes.

Please do not take this post as a whine, and thank you for reading.

Ads
Alfa1986

Re: [Scenario] Make Domination kick in more when needed

Post#2 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:06 pm

I do not think that it will change anything. usually if one team is much better than the other, then such a scenario ends very quickly. to understand this, it’s enough one-two wipes, and after that no one will leave wc, and will do it right, because people receive the main reward for kills and not for the fact of winning(1000 or 1100?).
In such a scenario, the law enters, if you can not win, then you need to give the enemy as little rewards as possible.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:15 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:06 pm usually if one team is much better than the other, then such a scenario ends very quickly.
If this were 'usual', then I would not have made this thread, and while some scenarios can be completed pretty quickly, there are some that simply drag on, due to a combination of idling in the WC from the losing side and objectives that, as well as taking a while to complete (Talabec Dam is a prime example), give arguably too few points for their completion.

You're absolutely right that, when Domination does kick in, the scenario ends quickly, but the issue is that Domination (in my opinion) isn't coming into play enough, particularly in the types of games that I mentioned in my opening post.

I would be more than happy to provide streamed footage/recordings/screenshots showcasing this, but my belief for a long time has been that Domination could do with some tinkering/expanding to limit the frequency of scenarios such as those that I have mentioned.

Alfa1986

Post#4 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:41 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:15 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:06 pm usually if one team is much better than the other, then such a scenario ends very quickly.
If this were 'usual', then I would not have made this thread, and while some scenarios can be completed pretty quickly, there are some that simply drag on, due to a combination of idling in the WC from the losing side and objectives that, as well as taking a while to complete (Talabec Dam is a prime example), give arguably too few points for their completion.

You're absolutely right that, when Domination does kick in, the scenario ends quickly, but the issue is that Domination (in my opinion) isn't coming into play enough, particularly in the types of games that I mentioned in my opening post.

I would be more than happy to provide streamed footage/recordings/screenshots showcasing this, but my belief for a long time has been that Domination could do with some tinkering/expanding to limit the frequency of scenarios such as those that I have mentioned.
yes, indeed, there are scenarios where even without any resistance you need to do some things (carry resources, etc.) in order to win as quickly as possible. but it arose from the fact that initially no one thought that all scenarios would turn into a simple dead match, but were created for a certain strategy. I do not know, in my opinion, the only thing that can be done(because the devs have understood that scs are not what they are willing to spend a lot of time) is to increase the reward for winning (for example, 3-5 K), and reduce the reward for kills.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Tankbeardz

Post#5 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:48 pm

One oddball thing about Domination is that it doesn't start until the side getting camped has, at least, 1 kill.

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:54 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:48 pm One oddball thing about Domination is that it doesn't start until the side getting camped has, at least, 1 kill.
Really? If this is true, then it seems sort of counter-intuitive, and would explain a lot.

Manatikik

Post#7 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:56 pm

Tankbeardz wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:48 pm One oddball thing about Domination is that it doesn't start until the side getting camped has, at least, 1 kill.
15:1, at least one point capture, and within a certain distance of the WC if I’m not mistaken (though lately it’s ticking in at like 13:1 or 22:2 sometimes). I think the required death is for a K/D ratio equation or something so it can’t properly work without a variable besides 0 (but I’m not the greatest at math stuff).
<Montague><Capulet>

wachlarz

Post#8 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:31 pm

Peter so U go with premade. U win rate is 100%. All time max tokens. And U want faster farm sc ?

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:33 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:31 pm Peter so U go with premade. U win rate is 100%. All time max tokens. And U want faster farm sc ?
You've missed the point entirely, and had you read the thread, you'd realise I am suggesting something that would benefit all parties by minimising time spent idling around in scenarios.

wachlarz

Post#10 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:37 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:33 pm
wachlarz wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:31 pm Peter so U go with premade. U win rate is 100%. All time max tokens. And U want faster farm sc ?
You've missed the point entirely, and had you read the thread, you'd realise I am suggesting something that would benefit all parties by minimising time spent idling around in scenarios.
So U dont have time for max tokens. And pug should be happy for 1 ? How its benefit losing side ?