Recent Topics

Ads

[Scenario] Make Domination kick in more when needed

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
peterthepan3

Re: [Scenario] Make Domination kick in more when needed

Post#11 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:49 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:37 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:33 pm
wachlarz wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:31 pm Peter so U go with premade. U win rate is 100%. All time max tokens. And U want faster farm sc ?
You've missed the point entirely, and had you read the thread, you'd realise I am suggesting something that would benefit all parties by minimising time spent idling around in scenarios.
So U dont have time for max tokens. And pug should be happy for 1 ? How its benefit losing side ?
I don't know where tokens comes into this discussion, as I am talking about the overall experience for both winners and losers.

It benefits the losing side if Domination kicks in when it should as you are put out of your misery quickly, with Warcamp farming no longer being as prevalent due to hopeless scenarios no longer dragging out. Kinda straightforward, tbh.

Ads
wachlarz

Post#12 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:04 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:49 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:33 pm

You've missed the point entirely, and had you read the thread, you'd realise I am suggesting something that would benefit all parties by minimising time spent idling around in scenarios.
So U dont have time for max tokens. And pug should be happy for 1 ? How its benefit losing side ?
I don't know where tokens comes into this discussion, as I am talking about the overall experience for both winners and losers.

It benefits the losing side if Domination kicks in when it should as you are put out of your misery quickly, with Warcamp farming no longer being as prevalent due to hopeless scenarios no longer dragging out. Kinda straightforward, tbh.
So waiting 10 m for sc and lossing in 1 m sc will motivate ppl to play more sc ? No chance to lern how game/sc work. How class work that U play. Just U see a preamde and BANG sc ended.

Nameless

Post#13 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:09 pm

What about surrender vote.
otherwise option 1 sounds reasonable. Being camped at morkaine temple is very annoying and there is literaly nothing to do about (and u certainly cant learn your class at such environment) :o
Last edited by Nameless on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

peterthepan3

Post#14 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:10 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:04 pm

So waiting 10 m for sc and lossing in 1 m sc will motivate ppl to play more sc ? No chance to lern how game/sc work. How class work that U play. Just U see a preamde and BANG sc ended.
Not at all, and again - you're missing the point entirely and/or haven't read my original post:

1) If you want to keep trying, then you can, but if the vast majority of your team are camping in the Warcamp, then it is pretty safe to say that you'd only be delaying the inevitable/'feeding' the opposition. In such instances, where you find yourself pummeled by the opposition, you aren't really learning anything about your class, and it would be better to end the suffering, fix up, and come back better equipped/with the necessary tools needed to beat the people beating you (could be a duo, a group, swapping class to a tank - whatever)

2) Re premade vs Warcamp farming: While the two often go hand-in-hand, I've seen many scenarios where premades have been beaten by good play and teamwork from the opposition - and these are the sorts of scenarios we should want to see! - but these are few and far between, and the majority of premade vs pug encounters tend to culminate in the same manner: Warcamp farming.

I ask you: if you find yourself being farmed at your Warcamp, your team having already given up, against a force you realistically won't beat, would you prefer to have a Domination/Surrender option that could come into play quicker, perhaps objectives that would give more points if 70%+ of people are camping in WC so as to hurry it up for everyone, or would you prefer to just stand there (as is currently the case) for up to 10 minutes, twiddling your thumbs, watching the enemy both control the objective game unthwarted, and keep you locked inside your spawn?

wachlarz

Post#15 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:57 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:10 pm
wachlarz wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:04 pm

Not at all, and again - you're missing the point entirely and/or haven't read my original post:

1) If you want to keep trying, then you can, but if the vast majority of your team are camping in the Warcamp, then it is pretty safe to say that you'd only be delaying the inevitable/'feeding' the opposition. In such instances, where you find yourself pummeled by the opposition, you aren't really learning anything about your class, and it would be better to end the suffering, fix up, and come back better equipped/with the necessary tools needed to beat the people beating you (could be a duo, a group, swapping class to a tank - whatever)

2) Re premade vs Warcamp farming: While the two often go hand-in-hand, I've seen many scenarios where premades have been beaten by good play and teamwork from the opposition - and these are the sorts of scenarios we should want to see! - but these are few and far between, and the majority of premade vs pug encounters tend to culminate in the same manner: Warcamp farming.

I ask you: if you find yourself being farmed at your Warcamp, your team having already given up, against a force you realistically won't beat, would you prefer to have a Domination/Surrender option that could come into play quicker, perhaps objectives that would give more points if 70%+ of people are camping in WC so as to hurry it up for everyone, or would you prefer to just stand there (as is currently the case) for up to 10 minutes, twiddling your thumbs, watching the enemy both control the objective game unthwarted, and keep you locked inside your spawn?
1. How ppl can be better equiped if premade farm sc in 1 m and losing side have 1 emblem and 100 rr ?
2. Wher ppl should lern to master class actualy play ? Rvr ? WB ?
3. Pug have only chance to win with premade wher are battel obj. and i think U dont like new RF sc ( hard to split premade )
4. Ok i surrender to premade like U suggested. Next sc this same premade so again surrender.
Wow GJ faster farm 1 emblem for losing side :P I think we made a mini game :D
5. We should apply this to rvr too. If winng side have more wb premades give losing side a button "i dont wanna def a keep lord" Fast zone lock, fast fort lock. No lags. 10/10 idea

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:23 pm

1. Quite easy, actually: queue for the dedicated pug scenario to avoid premades altogether, or make a premade yourself. One would think that these options would be apparent.
2. You learn your class in all parts of the game! I don't know what your point is? If you are in a position where you would be standing AFK in the Warcamp anyway, then you aren't really going to be learning anything, are you?
3. Again - you're strawmanning. My suggestions pertain to those situations where the fight has a 99% chance of being over after the first encounter, ie when the enemy is forced to their Warcamp, and when the enemy is doing the Objective at the same time.
4. If you come up against the same premade time and time again, keep getting pushed to the Warcamp time and time again... then perhaps it's time to refer to 1) (unless you're a masochist who enjoys hoping for the best).
5. Strawmanning.

wachlarz

Post#17 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:38 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:23 pm 1. Quite easy, actually: queue for the dedicated pug scenario to avoid premades altogether, or make a premade yourself. One would think that these options would be apparent.
2. You learn your class in all parts of the game! I don't know what your point is? If you are in a position where you would be standing AFK in the Warcamp anyway, then you aren't really going to be learning anything, are you?
3. Again - you're strawmanning. My suggestions pertain to those situations where the fight has a 99% chance of being over after the first encounter, ie when the enemy is forced to their Warcamp, and when the enemy is doing the Objective at the same time.
4. If you come up against the same premade time and time again, keep getting pushed to the Warcamp time and time again... then perhaps it's time to refer to 1) (unless you're a masochist who enjoys hoping for the best).
5. Strawmanning.
1. Playing 1 pug sc for week is challenging/bored. Try play premade ONLY 1 sc and only this, wher can go only other 6 man ( funny fakt is losing this sc give U 5 medalions )
2. My point is playing in rvr now lern blob in zone in 1 place. In wb play U lern nothing. U die from random aoe dmg. I remeber times when ppl dont blob. Zone was live. Ppl play for fun/rr/kills. They start blob when boss in keeps start to be wb-kilable. Now U can move all zone and see olmost no1 or zerg.
4. Its normal for U that sc playing again again and again this same ppl ? Dont wanna see tims when 1k ppl online and 12 in order and 12 destro will play sc.

BeautfulToad

Post#18 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:30 am

Farming the enemy should be punished with lower XP and Renown. The number of times I have been in SCs like Talabec Dam with one side refusing to score any points with the flag is shocking (that includes my own side).

In my experience, its an active choice of one side to farm and not play objs (people have asked me not to score points with the flag before). If the game gets too one sided in terms of kills, scale down the XP/RR rewards for the winners.

Premades do this too, before you start saying "find a premade".

Ads
Manatikik

Post#19 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:32 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:30 am Farming the enemy should be punished with lower XP and Renown. The number of times I have been in SCs like Talabec Dam with one side refusing to score any points with the flag is shocking (that includes my own side).

In my experience, its an active choice of one side to farm and not play objs (people have asked me not to score points with the flag before). If the game gets too one sided in terms of kills, scale down the XP/RR rewards for the winners.
That’s a dumb idea, punish people for winning.
<Montague><Capulet>

Onemantankwall

Post#20 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:47 am

Manatikik wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:32 am
BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:30 am Farming the enemy should be punished with lower XP and Renown. The number of times I have been in SCs like Talabec Dam with one side refusing to score any points with the flag is shocking (that includes my own side).

That’s a dumb idea, punish people for winning.
How does farming = winning? You can farm my team but if i run obj you lose rrrigghtt? If farming were to be penaltized wouldnt the farmers do the obj due to not wanting the penalty, ending scs faster solving peters "it takes to much time to slaughter helpless pugs" issue. Its one of those "watch what you ask for" solutions
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!