Recent Topics

Ads

[Scenario] Make Domination kick in more when needed

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Aethilmar

Re: [Scenario] Make Domination kick in more when needed

Post#21 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:57 am

I understand what you are getting at but the dom timer is just not tuned correctly for each scenario in general. Example is howling gorge where it can kick in after one keg plant and even if your team manages to plant the keg while the enemy is farming the dom timer won't stop.

Maybe it needs to be more sensitive in deathmatch SCs like Mourkain Temple but in objective SCs it is far too sensitive.

Ads
Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#22 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:01 am

I will say this, as was thinking of it myself.
Main problem with domination is that it is automatic, people cannot choose if they want to continue uneven fight or not, and sometimes it triggers in the middle of the fight that could be won, but one side got killing spree.

My 5 cents on matter are these:
Leave system as it is including requirements for domination to kick in, but add one more to the list. Put interactable altar or something else on spawn and trigger domination if old requirements for it were met + 80% of team clicked object.

This leave option to fight to people if they want to, while providing same if not less possibilities for exploit.

BeautfulToad

Post#23 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:32 am

Manatikik wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:32 am
BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:30 am Farming the enemy should be punished with lower XP and Renown. The number of times I have been in SCs like Talabec Dam with one side refusing to score any points with the flag is shocking (that includes my own side).

In my experience, its an active choice of one side to farm and not play objs (people have asked me not to score points with the flag before). If the game gets too one sided in terms of kills, scale down the XP/RR rewards for the winners.
That’s a dumb idea, punish people for winning.
It's not winning though if you are not pushing objectives. In some SCs, if one side is horrendously unbalanced the other will not even bother with objectives and grind out a 10 minute match when it could be done with in two minutes. You end up with one side with 80+ kills and the other side with 2. The losing side ends up with like 300 XP and 20 RR but forced to endure it for ten minutes. It's unsporting and a terrible way to play, and there should be fixes to stop it happening if basic courtesy is too hard to grasp for some players.

Most capture the bomb mechanics can result in this, as well as Stonetroll Crossing.

In summary, I agree with peter's suggestion. Whether it follows exactly what he describes, I don't know. But if very unbalanced SCs were finished more rapidly, I think it would stop the sour taste a lot of players have on both sides.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stophy22

Post#24 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:46 am

Onemantankwall wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:47 am
Manatikik wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:32 am
BeautfulToad wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:30 am Farming the enemy should be punished with lower XP and Renown. The number of times I have been in SCs like Talabec Dam with one side refusing to score any points with the flag is shocking (that includes my own side).

In my experience, its an active choice of one side to farm and not play objs (people have asked me not to score points with the flag before). If the game gets too one sided in terms of kills, scale down the XP/RR rewards for the winners.
That’s a dumb idea, punish people for winning.
How does farming = winning? You can farm my team but if i run obj you lose rrrigghtt? If farming were to be penaltized wouldnt the farmers do the obj due to not wanting the penalty, ending scs faster solving peters "it takes to much time to slaughter helpless pugs" issue. Its one of those "watch what you ask for" solutions
oneman My hero!

Although the domination is straight wack. If what Fenryl says is true then having 0 points and that means the SC never dominates should be fixed. Objectives should be played, straight up farming people till domination kicks in isn't how all SC's are to be played, but combat is encouraged in war and you often lose yourself in the fight because thats what is most fun. Its a hard line to walk but I think fixing domination to where people stay in their WC it starts, or adding a surrender vote, or anything along those lines are good. Premades ensure wins but domination should not promote a way alternative to play (i.e. farming kills) because getting farmed isn't exactly fun for the losing side and the thread was brought up to fix domination which should benefit both sides.

As far as what I can see Peter proposed some good stuff, he also brought up an underrated issue with the game. +1
Spoiler:
edit: also the amount of time order has with the objective in talabec dam is unfair. If you're destro and u get slowed once, you can't run the objective and you explode. I can punt order off the **** dam into the water slow them, and then knock them down and they can still climb their hairy stunty ass back to the objective and turn it in. This needs a fix #rant
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

rmpl

Post#25 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:38 am

top 10 bruh moments

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#26 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:34 am

I just changed the domination check a little for the next patch, will monitor feedback as necessary once its patched in.

arnagob

Post#27 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:35 am

Just use /afk, really usefull to avoid borring fights :mrgreen:
Arnie Fatarnie Kassdku
Arnagob Brizkran Cocorico

peterthepan3

Post#28 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:20 am

Natherul wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:34 am I just changed the domination check a little for the next patch, will monitor feedback as necessary once its patched in.
That's great to hear. Cheers.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#29 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:15 pm

Rockalypse wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:01 am I will say this, as was thinking of it myself.
Main problem with domination is that it is automatic, people cannot choose if they want to continue uneven fight or not, and sometimes it triggers in the middle of the fight that could be won, but one side got killing spree.

My 5 cents on matter are these:
Leave system as it is including requirements for domination to kick in, but add one more to the list. Put interactable altar or something else on spawn and trigger domination if old requirements for it were met + 80% of team clicked object.

This leave option to fight to people if they want to, while providing same if not less possibilities for exploit.
I think it should be automatic. You add that option and people are going to give up faster than they already do.

wachlarz

Post#30 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:46 am

The final result will be: now premade farm pug ppl every 10 m, new briliant idea ppl will be farmer every 5 m duo premade sc will be 5m long. Very motivating system to play sc