Recent Topics

Ads

DWARF / GREENSKIN new fortress without postern [FEEDBACK]

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tesq

DWARF / GREENSKIN new fortress without postern [FEEDBACK]

Post#1 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:27 pm

Well how should i put it, after 2 attempts with the new system i have some considerationa:

1- Both offensive attemps gone as follow. destru dominated phase 2 there was really few resistence; when order tried to push us from fortress they got wiped all the time and thats all there is to say.
2- yet then in step 3 it was the total opposite, the bottle neck created by those small entrace it's just too tiny, it only takes few ppl to be root and hitted with morales and collision plus aoe do the rest; preventing anything to push inside alive.
Particulary offensive side have to be focussed in 1 tiny spot while def side on bottom have a greater advantage than def in lord room, it's totaly unfair how def side can spread all over bottom floor to avoid aoe (they can focus but they cant be focus).

what piss me in particulalr is the great difference between step 2 and step 3 results; they are basically total opposite of each other it is clear to me that the new bottleneck give to much of an advantage to defender now... (and i was an accusator of the previous itieration being to much offensive side friendly).

Considering the no play putted up by orders in step 2 i came up with a suggestion which should allow def side to still have access to a bottle neck but via gain it...... while also give a meaning to step 2.

Suggestion:

1-ALLOW FORTRESS TO RANK UP

-rank 1; fortress lord is not that shitty
-rank 2: it close lord room postern
-rank 3: it close 1 bottom floor postern
-rank 4: it close 1 bottom floor postern

this way step 2 serve to defenders to gain bonuses in step 3 and atk side to prevent em and increase their chance to success.

2- INCREASE ENTRANCE SIZE

-Simply put the door too small it's a fortress door not keep.....we cant even use postern and you gave us a tiny spot for enter errr a bit unfair... simialr to what has been done for lord room postern, change door texture to be biger on main door.
Viceversa chaos is too big...

P.S: i also wanna point out that due how the bottle neck size etc we made server crash.... when ther was like 2 min at the end of fortress, idk even id order got their roll.....to say it's better if in a way or into another you modify fortress to be less bottleneck friendly.
P.P.S: take this feedback for dwarf /greenskin only/especially as for what i saw its the only pairing which have a door so tiny; elf allow easier pull while chaso/emp are just so large than even a boat can pass trought...
Last edited by Tesq on Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:24 am, edited 22 times in total.

Ads
DanielWinner

Re: new fortress without postern FEEDBACK

Post#2 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:58 pm

Spoiler:
I wonder why you never fix most blatant typos and mistakes. I know Not a native speaker and etc but come on, be a gentleman and fix your stuff after all
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Tesq

Re: new fortress without postern FEEDBACK

Post#3 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:10 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:58 pm
Spoiler:
I wonder why you never fix most blatant typos and mistakes. I know Not a native speaker and etc but come on, be a gentleman and fix your stuff after all
more or less done sweetheart

Natherul
Former Staff

Re: DWARF / GREENSKIN new fortress without postern [FEEDBACK]

Post#4 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:26 am

removing posterns on forts is not happening.

As for scaling lords, some do scale and has been since their release. The plan was that each lord had a unique mechanic.

anarchypark

Post#5 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:33 am

at least universal wide for bottom doors? ;)
minimum 3 tanks wide to max 5 tanks wide.
2 tanks wide are too small for big keep like fort.
if it's possible ofc.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Tesq

Post#6 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:32 am

Natherul wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:26 am removing posterns on forts is not happening.

As for scaling lords, some do scale and has been since their release. The plan was that each lord had a unique mechanic.
the problem is about DOOR in dwarf /greenskin , the lord part was something to work this around....

again cant stress this enough with the current postern system the doors in dwarf/greenskins are too tiny for BOTH sides; while chaso/emp/elf/d.elf are all large enough (even too large in case of chaos...so far to say order is take advantage of it because is plan ez push inside ).

Lorsten

Post#7 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:16 am

The main issue right now is the difference between Fort entrances between fractions. For example The Maw has doors, where the plane can land, and whats more important it doest have space between doors and inner walls (the main factor that leads to "bottle neck" situation), so its almost impossible to defend on bot floor.
On the other side we have order forts where there IS a terrible "bottle neck" which is almost impossible to pass if defence is not afk.
I believe this was designed this way to make some difference between fort sieges, but it just doesnt work here, cuz we dont have this mechanics (f.e. if Maw has this huge disadvantage on bot def, it should have stronger lord/guards/advantage on 2-3 floors.... but it has not). This leads to situation the destro players just stay afk on Maw, and 10 min sieges.
Really dissapointing expirience. Forts becomes boring routine, just to get ur 4 medals for many players. And yes, i play in guild WBs, and with discord, buffs, pots, etc... (FMJ). Even coordinated guild wbs cant do anything on forts like dwarf one, if defence is doing basic things, because of entrance design. Maybe the idea was that the wider doors are, the longer "funnel" they create when opens, but it makes no sense since u can aoe through walls and doors, lul.
I believe the fort entrances needs a huge rework, rebalance, since its the meta where the posterns are closed, and funnel is best def.
I did some job of doing screenshots to show the difference between order and destro forts, here it is:

Butchers Pass vs Stonewatch (pretty same in terms of "funnel lenght", but compare the door width)
Spoiler:
Fell landing vs Shine (actually this is ONLY similar entrance between order and destro)
Spoiler:
Maw vs Reik (no comments, just a joke)
Spoiler:
Its very odd to me that there is so much whine treads about class balance, morale balance, but no hype at this basic difference in fort design. I hope my post gets some attention and maybe dev's comment about this. If it is needed i can start new topic about it, but i believe we can talk about it right here.

Onemantankwall

Post#8 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:54 am

Issue cant be just bandaided messing with doors/posterns requires coding and time and i guess they getting close to finishing city because not seeing any type of progress with fort editing. Atm all you can do is get ur meds and stop going to them. A fix however they go about it would take a good chunk of time thx to spaghetti coding best answer is to just ride it out till devs can fix Mythics F... Up.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Ads
HongTen

Post#9 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:55 am

Just open damn posterns... yawn.
Français, Françaises, j'arrive en caisse
Spoiler:
If you're an astronaut, say hello to my Ego there.
:twisted:

Ghoztz Eliminati

Tesq

Post#10 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:10 am

order is even exploiting this hard all they do si zerg chaos/emp and atk fortress numerical advanatge plus that stupid large door is a joke really...