Recent Topics

Ads

Question on wards

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
SlinkyObject

Question on wards

Post#1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:49 pm

I have a question concerning lesser ward. I know that Lesser ward used to be obtainable in many ways including rvr kills of players rr35+, equipping Annihilator gear as well as equipping redeye gear. It could also be obtained by getting pieces that have greater ward. I understand the whole equipping a piece with a lesser ward before greater ward. But was Annihilator taken out of the picture? If so, why? Gunbad is so hard to find a group for and the fact you have to run it 3+ times to get your set is nuts. Most groups fail miserably when you do find one. And noone ever wants to dedicate a day to run the full dungeon. I already have several sentinel pieces and even a couple bloodlord pieces before having a single piece of redeye and I can't even equip them. I also am wearing full annihilator, and have killed hundreds of players over rr35, still not a single fragment of lesser ward, what gives? Gomersnb lv 40 chosen. Played as Gomerpiles (shaman) on live as well as Dragonmire (BG)

Ads
Stophy22

Re: Question on wards

Post#2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:04 am

So you have to get a full set of redye to equip Sentinel armor. You must then equip a full set of sentinel armor to equip Bloodlord armor.

You dont need the cloak for redeye
You dont need the jewlery for sentinel
You dont need the waist or cloak for bloodlord (Idk why but I got the achievement and ward and I have yet to get cloak or belt)

Wards dont do anything other than letting you wear PVE stuff so it kind of bars you to experience that content. Gunbad is by far the easiest of the 3 dungeons and since people can pass on loot it makes getting the set from gunbad the easiest as well as only having to ever run it 3 times where you have to run BB/BE and Bloodlord 4 times. If you need help with gunbad feel free to PM for the mechanics or what not but thats the easiest dungeon of the 3. Just make sure you recruit lvl 40 players who are in at least anni/merc. Tanks can be in ruin. for BB/BE and bloodlord I always make sure people have at least conq. Mid wing of gunbad can be tough because of ARD to FEED becomes ARD to TIME, seriously those buttons timing is nutts... needs to be fixed. The only way past the buttons is discord, imho. Other than that left wing is easy, right wing is the easiest and mid wing solithex is cake town 3000 and completely optional. Good luck!
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#3 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:44 am

we have changed wards from how mythic did it. The ingame text reflects this.

But in short all wards do is that they allow you to euip the next dungeon gear and it can ONLY be obtained from getting the previous dungeon set.

This means that you need to progress through the dungeons and do them all to use any sets from dungeons.

Mizfook

Post#4 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:50 am

I agree, I'm RR 78 and getting a group to run gunbad at this point when everyone is focusing on BS is very difficult. Could the Ward system also allow for full set of that similar gear equal to PVP gear. For example, if you have full Invader you can also get wear full Bloodlord, Full Vanquisher or Obli you can wear Sent. Full conq you can wear Redeye etc. It would make those players who choose to help the realm in the Lakes not suffer from missing the boat on PVE. I mean no one runs Gunbad, I have a full set of Bloodlord that I can't equip. All I'm saying is allow those who have the full PVP set equivalent equip the PVE sets.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:29 am

Mizfook wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:50 am I agree, I'm RR 78 and getting a group to run gunbad at this point when everyone is focusing on BS is very difficult. Could the Ward system also allow for full set of that similar gear equal to PVP gear. For example, if you have full Invader you can also get wear full Bloodlord, Full Vanquisher or Obli you can wear Sent. Full conq you can wear Redeye etc. It would make those players who choose to help the realm in the Lakes not suffer from missing the boat on PVE. I mean no one runs Gunbad, I have a full set of Bloodlord that I can't equip. All I'm saying is allow those who have the full PVP set equivalent equip the PVE sets.
not happening. idea is to make people do dungeons

Hargrim
Developer

Post#6 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:24 am

Mizfook wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:50 am I agree, I'm RR 78 and getting a group to run gunbad at this point when everyone is focusing on BS is very difficult. Could the Ward system also allow for full set of that similar gear equal to PVP gear. For example, if you have full Invader you can also get wear full Bloodlord, Full Vanquisher or Obli you can wear Sent. Full conq you can wear Redeye etc. It would make those players who choose to help the realm in the Lakes not suffer from missing the boat on PVE. I mean no one runs Gunbad, I have a full set of Bloodlord that I can't equip. All I'm saying is allow those who have the full PVP set equivalent equip the PVE sets.

Find 5 more people that have full Bloodlord set and don't have Gunbad and do it with them :). Also, there are PvE discords for both Order and Destruction, head there and find some people interested in doing those.

Ysaran

Post#7 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:25 am

This should help you to find groups:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30629&p=347230&hili ... rd#p347230
Zputadenti