Recent Topics

Ads

[Feedback] Changes of morale

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
roadkillrobin

Re: [Feedback] Changes of morale

Post#61 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:52 am

Glorian wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:59 pm
Bozzax wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:54 pm Nothin trumps solarflare and guess how long it takes to build it with 1 AM?
A little bit longer than a Mara to steal 5% of the Kotbs m4 when it matters.
You can build it out of LoS. The Mara also need to hit the tank to drain it and have a lucky drain proc which is much easier said then done. The AM just need to cast.

Ads
Jail

Post#62 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:54 am

Moral gain is quite to fast IMHO. On bw with moral tactic for example, i can reach m4 in 48 seconds.

Bozzax

Post#63 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:56 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:52 am
Glorian wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:59 pm
Bozzax wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:54 pm Nothin trumps solarflare and guess how long it takes to build it with 1 AM?
A little bit longer than a Mara to steal 5% of the Kotbs m4 when it matters.

You can build it out of LoS. The Mara also need to hit the tank to drain it and have a lucky drain proc which is much easier said then done. The AM just need to cast.
Pro tip bring 2 AMs and aoe ”chain” solarflares every 15s

Bottom line both realms have options and none of them are secrets
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Collateral

Post#64 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:04 pm

Well, good thing no one on order or destro knows how to play into their advantages when it comes to morales and everything concerning them.

I see no problems here. Zergs will still zerg, that's about it.

anarchypark

Post#65 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:04 pm

PvE is always good dummy test.
dungeons are too easy now.
aggro mistake? ignore it with m4.
failed mechanic? survive with m4.
you can almost sleep between morale charges.

i finally understand why ppl love morales so much.
it's easy mode. easy = boring. boring game is not good.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Aurandilaz

Post#66 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:27 pm

anarchypark wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:04 pm PvE is always good dummy test.
dungeons are too easy now.
aggro mistake? ignore it with m4.
failed mechanic? survive with m4.
you can almost sleep between morale charges.

i finally understand why ppl love morales so much.
it's easy mode. easy = boring. boring game is not good.
literally wat

M4 is up for 10 seconds, with 2 tanks you have 20 seconds. It leaves you open for 40 second of no morale support. Dungeons are easy if you know every mechanic, everyone in your party knows every mechanic, and you just systematically move from one mob to the next, with everyone knowing where to stand and what to hit or click.
You can do very fast city/BS runs despite tanks not even reaching M4's - assuming people play with brains active.

I really cannot understand people complaining about 25 m/s being fast when it was the natural 36 m/s for years on live and people just played with it. Enemy uses morale? Use your own to counter it. Enemy brings drain? Bring your own drains. Morales are still on a 60 sec CD - other 59 seconds of a minute long fight you will be still using other abilities.

Yes, Mara drain is easier to use than KOTB M4 Solar Flare drain, that is an issue which could be fixed by giving AoE WL 1-2 more tactics to make them slightly less tarded for WB use. BW/Sorc M2s + pumps were easy cheese in the past, remain cheese, and will be cheese for a while I guess assuming no balance regarding BW superiority over other Order classes in AoE output will be done.
Now the real cheese option would be a WB consisting of 4 BORK, 4 Shamans, 8 Maras, 4 WEs (remainder whatever) - something that might be the supreme cheese, but I guess we will also never see 4 Borks giving cd reducers to 4 shamans and 4 WE's so that 8 maras and 4 WE's can all launch M2 bomb in below 10 seconds at 65ft frontal cone 1200 x 12. In theory yes, in practice I really doubt anyone will run that. More likely is running 8 BWs with pumps and 4 AMs and then kiting around until all 8 reach Burning Head after 35-45 sec with AM help. Which really gimps your setup vs anything that has a chance to kill you during previous 45 seconds and requires good gameplay by the AM's who would need to be kiting and pumping somehow at same time.

peterthepan3

Post#67 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:03 pm

Anyone who thinks current rates in conjunction with pumps are fine (in smallscale) really needs to come up against competent + organised opposition who know how to capitalise on the cheese thoroughly.

Lack of drains in smallscale exacerbates the current state that its in, too.

Bozzax

Post#68 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:37 pm

So please share what is the problematic combo/fotm/setup?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#69 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:48 pm

Bozzax wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:37 pm So please share what is the problematic combo/fotm/setup?
I'm sure you can muster up a few potential comps cough SH M4 cough Choppa/SL M4 cough WH M4 if you put your thinking cap on.

Nameless

Post#70 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:53 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:48 pm
Bozzax wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:37 pm So please share what is the problematic combo/fotm/setup?
I'm sure you can muster up a few potential comps cough SH M4 cough Choppa/SL M4 cough WH M4 if you put your thinking cap on.
Why that was never working on live with much faster morals rates. Ppl are so used to slow moral gain that now panic with rates lower than live. That is quite paradoxical.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz