Recent Topics

Ads

[Feedback] Changes of morale

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Rockalypse
Former Staff

Re: [Feedback] Changes of morale

Post#121 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:31 am

Luuca wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:33 am
wachlarz wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:50 pm
Luuca wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:36 pm Can we scrap the Scaler for Morale gains and apply it to AAO? Often the side with AAO reaps huge rewards while blobbing up on smaller groups. If AAO scaled in real time in relation to the groups actually fighting and not including the renown pinatas running boxes solo and the parties roaming looking for small scale, avoiding actual unbalanced fights, the system would be a lot better off. AAO in relation to the actual fight at hand, not the broad-brush stroke of bodies in a lake would be great. It would give the smaller side rewards and help break up the Blobs in the lakes.
U want 6 man fight a 24 man in AAO. This will be true balans system 🤣
No , you do not understand the concept, so let me explain in detail.

Lets say that Order has AAO in the zone of 100%. They are outnumbered by Destro by a little more than 2:1.

Destro 6 man is riding from warcamp trying to get to keep to join the warband.

Because Order has only one warband, many players, lets say 12 for easy math, will skip the defense and go roam the road from destro warcamp to Keep with 100% AAO looking for solos, duos, or smaller numbers to gank. When those fights happen, the actual smaller force, the Destro 6 man, might manage to kite for 2 kills before being overrun by the 12 man.

Destro players working their butts off kiting, trying to stay alive, and kill get a grand total of 3 renown for all their efforts fending off a group 2x their size. While at the same time, the Order group gets AAO bonus for decimating a smaller group with 2:1 numbers.

If AAO scaled by number of players present within a 160 ft area of the fight (kinda like the morale gain system possibly did - at least that's how I think it worked) then the true underdog of the fight, the Destro 6 man would have had AAO and received much more renown (because they would have had 100% AAO for fighting against a larger force) by kiting and killing against a larger engaged force while the side with 2:1 odds would have gained 12 renown for playing for easy kills.

I see this type of AAO farming going on with duo WE groups only attacking solo players, 12 mans hunting solos, or 6-mans, even warbands hunting small game and avoiding the WB vs WB fights until absolutely necessary. If you have AAO, why sit in the keep and hope for kills from the walls when you can outnumber smaller groups and get rich rewards? That's how the system works now. Hell, I have even witnessed these gank 12 mans with AAO pop into PvE near T2 and T3 Lakes to bump up the AAO numbers then run back in and gank with higher AAO because the Zone AAO does not reset immediately.

AAO is being abused because it is Zone Wide. If AAO was localized to the actual fights at hand, it could not be abused.
It is very good concept and I would love to have something like that, but I think it will be hellish amount of data server will need to proccess, cause, how will you define "area of fight" and keep it up to date? You need server to monitor position of each player in zone, than find and count number of players in set radius (both allied and hostile separately) from each player and give each player his own state of AAO, all that should also be done dynamically.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#122 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:21 am

as stated we are not going to add a dynamic morale rate. Its **** both from a code perspective and **** from a new player perspective as its a hidden mechanic.

Deadkiller

Post#123 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:50 am

Natherul wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:21 am as stated we are not going to add a dynamic morale rate. Its **** both from a code perspective and **** from a new player perspective as its a hidden mechanic.
duno but sounds like you didnt read the last posts, there is nothing about scaling morale, its about to scale aao on amount of people in fights in a specific range instead one aao for all. I like the idea but i guess it will never happen

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#124 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:24 am

Deadkiller wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:50 am
Natherul wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:21 am as stated we are not going to add a dynamic morale rate. Its **** both from a code perspective and **** from a new player perspective as its a hidden mechanic.
duno but sounds like you didnt read the last posts, there is nothing about scaling morale, its about to scale aao on amount of people in fights in a specific range instead one aao for all. I like the idea but i guess it will never happen
Can we scrap the Scaler for Morale gains and apply it to AAO?
Thats why, and yes I do read. Also if its not about morale then it does not belong in this thread. This thread is specifically for feedback on morale changes.

roadkillrobin

Post#125 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:49 am

If you have AAO it doesn't mean you're in skirmishes were you are outnumbered. 6mans consistantly gank 1 dude when the 6man got AAO for example. This is why you don't have dynamic combat scalers based on AAO. AAO only works as a reward scaler for exactly that reason.

wonshot

Post#126 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:01 pm

Time to clean up this topic mods?

Current warband point of view on the 20moral per sec and removed scalar:
- whatever the rate is set to, moralpumps and drains will create the imballance. But atleast we got rid of one hidden mechanic.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#127 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:57 am

Personally after testing I feel that 20/s is a good base rate.

Whats everyone elses thoughts? Because if fine then we can start looking at pumps and drains

mubbl

Post#128 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:17 am

i personaly would like 18mps more, cause its half of the live value.
also i am really excited what we are building the fundation right now.
pumps and drains: depending on who you wanna do it, either one side will need buffs or nerfs which will end up in even more buffs and nerfs. that will end up in walls of text hopefully with more facts then mememe.
ps.
Spoiler:
why does everyone think this mechnic is hidden? it was in wiki and other stuff like how parry works for example is not metnioned anywhere (yes somewhere at page 512, post 256 in forum). to be honest it was the first mechanic i realy learnd about.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#129 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:55 pm

I still thnik M1 and M2 are too fast.
M1 might ok with 1min CD, if you say it has drawback.
1min after M1, you got M2 and 66% M3.

M2 aoe, it has no flaws or drawback.
But I guess that's another balance issue?

i was preparing morale timer with AM pump, maybe next time.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#130 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:57 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:55 pm I still thnik M1 and M2 are too fast.
M1 might ok with 1min CD, if you say it has drawback.
1min after M1, you got M2 and 66% M3.

M2 aoe, it has no flaws or drawback.
But I guess that's another balance issue?

i was preparing morale timer with AM pump, maybe next time.
Was disregarding pumps so far since I wanted base set before looking with pumps and drains