Recent Topics

Ads

Grant topguilds buildings in the PvE zones

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
SWEtree

Grant topguilds buildings in the PvE zones

Post#1 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:13 pm

We have loads of amazing buildings (keeps,churches,villages etc) in the PvE zones. These zones are pretty dead because PQs do not give much XP or gear,not compared to RvR. Why can not the top guilds (and im sure the roleplaying community would love this) get some of these areas. Add vendors etc. We could have NPCs guarding the area (maybe even be able to upgrade them to champions but the work with codes is something i know nothing about)

Heck it would be kina fun to attack a enemyguild where it really hurts hehe.

This would bring some life into the PvE zones aswell.
Lucirona WP
Lucironia KOTBS
Luciran WL

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Grant topguilds buildings in the PvE zones

Post#2 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:19 pm

Guilds can already claim keeps. Adding claiming of zones or areas other then that is not something even if cool we would devote energy or time on right now.

And thats before considering if it would even look remotely good ingame as we would have to edit quite a bit to get that working to make sense.

SWEtree

Post#3 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Natherul wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:19 pm Guilds can already claim keeps. Adding claiming of zones or areas other then that is not something even if cool we would devote energy or time on right now.

And thats before considering if it would even look remotely good ingame as we would have to edit quite a bit to get that working to make sense.
Thanks for the quick answer Nath :)
Lucirona WP
Lucironia KOTBS
Luciran WL

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:44 pm

I find this interesting.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Alfa1986

Post#5 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:27 pm

The pve zones consist ( certainly not to tell me to you, just remind) mainly of chapters of the storyline, accompanying quests, public quests and various caves and leers. and how can this be given to guilds? for me there are several options to revive the pve zone, but it sure will not like anyone:
1. Include public quests in the siege process (starting of the whining from true pvp wariors and a various gladiators)
2. open pve zone for rvr, (starting of the whining from lowbies, those who makes unlocks, also those who are engaged in farm and craft)
3. perhaps something else is not so obvious
Last edited by Alfa1986 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Collateral

Post#6 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:33 pm

Pretty interesting, there's loads of cool forts just lying around (granted they are mainly used as chapter areas or pqs, but who even does all those things when it's not encouraged). Something kinda similar to clan dojos in warframe, where you can invite people from other clans (could be alliance in this case). A hub to start groups/warbands, events and what not. As the guild progresses you get the ability to have merchants with gear, trainers and so on. You could even have some guild only weapons available for crafting/purchase, nothing too powerful of course, but something you can be proud of I guess. And like you said it would liven up the dead pve zones. Requires a lot of time and resources to make no doubt. Well it's and idea at least.

Martok

Post#7 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:21 pm

I find this an interesting idea as well. I realize the coding effort would probably be prohibitive but the thought of a Guild being able to claim an area of one of the maps as their stronghold and then work to improve it is engaging.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Onemantankwall

Post#8 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:26 pm

Could be awesome i mean pve keeps put rvr keeps TO SHAME!!!! But seems like alotta work tho.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:59 am

zones are divided by many areas.
for example in t3 Saphery
there are Hoeth, Thanon Plain, Brightland Heath, Plain of Blades, Whitemoon Coast etc.
interesting names but nowhere to see except entering that area.
if guilds can claim these areas to use buildings in there it could be new guild hall.
i think i saw map with area names. not sure why mythic didn't use it.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Wraak

Post#10 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:21 am

I do like the idea a lot. I love the warhammer lore but going through the storyline, mainly alone, is boring. Just went through one whole storyline (chaos) once, with all its quests, mainly cause noone else was interested in it and you also barely met another player.

My idea would be not to claim certain buildings, rather to claim the whole chapter by doing certain tasks in the area like PQs. Rewards for the certain guild could be like 1% of the gold income that the NPCs would receive from players selling their stuff.

Just some brainstorming there. But the effort for dev wouldn't be as hugeas claiming houses with guards etc etc. imo