Recent Topics

Ads

Gap Closer unbalance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ekundu01

Gap Closer unbalance

Post#1 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:14 pm

So order elf has a theme now with gap closers. WL has pounce, SM has Wings of Heaven M2, and SW has shadow step. Personally i don't think SW needed it but that is my personal opinion.

Destro had no leaps on live and was thrown a bone by giving the WL pounce to Melee SH. Still leaving destro at a disadvantage.

I think destro should get a theme as well with greenskins. Black Orc would get M2 like wings of heaven simulating a catapult launcher. Choppa gets something similar to shadow step in the 2hand tree using same animation as BO M2.

As shown in this trailer from EA orcs can fly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JglnSrfJtyQ
Trismack

Ads
Fiskrens

Re: Gap Closer unbalance

Post#2 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:24 pm

Well, destro actually get a frontline. Order only have Slayer and tanks. Also squig gets full WL kit in one spec (knockback instead of pull).
But I still agree, Orcs flying around would be hilarious.

Ridduk

Post#3 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:29 pm

Sure

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:35 pm

Destro has pants on the head retarded GTDC on choppa

I think we’re fine on “gap closers”

Nefarian78

Post#5 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:46 pm

Or, instead of forcing homogenization, Destro could get some strenghts of its own, something that Order doesn't get to do as good.

From a smallscale PoV, destro needs something unique, like order has with gap closers. The gap closers ASW and WL have allow for good combos, that if executed well ensure the death of a target no matter what, Destro has nothing of the sort.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ekundu01

Post#6 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:56 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:35 pm Destro has pants on the head retarded GTDC on choppa

Didn't even think about this but could just replace GTDC with the 65 leap and as the orc is leaping through the air he is spining around like a helicopter. SO many cry about this skill being broken and OP give em the leap and leave the pulling to the engi and magus players.
Trismack

Nameless

Post#7 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:00 pm

elves gap closers should counter gobbos run away procs. On live run away >>>>> pounce. SW change here on ror is another issue. Some balance changes were introduces very randomly and not well thought especially considering realm balance issues
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Reesh

Post#8 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:06 pm

Swapping GTDC for a pounce - that's just brilliant. Now players won't have to chase the renown, it will just keep coming by itself.
Added bonus - not having his guard mate close.

Ads
Rydiak

Post#9 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:14 pm

Trade GttC for another Destro pounce? Sounds good to me!
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Martok

Post#10 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:15 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:35 pmDestro has pants on the head retarded GTDC on choppa

I agree. Between WE Stealth, Choppa Pull, and whatever you call that Marauder pull all combined with Meatballs bounding all over the place the gap closing is fine.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...