Recent Topics

Ads

lesser wards

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Akilinus

Re: lesser wards

Post#31 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:55 pm

Grunbag wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:41 pm
Akilinus wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:29 pm
Grunbag wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:48 am

So now it’s easier to find a group for pve . It seems rewards keep it attractive .

We need you to run dungeons so the community can find easily a group to join if they want to . Similar to oRvR , it’s easy to find a group and join to play.

Being able to jump straight to your level content and ignore previous one would make the zone empty . Same would happen in rvr : let say you don’t be have to run rvr campaign to unlock fortress , but only have to unlock the renown requirement (so you can enter fortress zone at renown 60 and you would be able to only play fortresses) . As you already have done the conqueror set you don’t want to do oRvR anymore and stay all the time in fortress zone because you’re only interested by invader . All rr 60 player will do the same , and at the same time , oRvR areas would be more empty . So any new player or lower renown whiling to do oRvR would have harder time to find a group / take zone cause less player to fight or play with .
This is why we made the campaign start with t2 zone , so we know that no zone are wasted or empty and everyone can join and play . We are following the same logic for pve , and trying to get as much players as possible playing ALL content . So the game is not dead .
You still get this problem. When there is a fort going the rest of the server is dead.
Almost no sc pops, no RvR zones, and if you dare to do pve while there is a fort going on you are brave.
That’s why we won’t make pve wards like on live .
One way of making people do the old dungeons would be to scale them down and give them more xp, so that you can use them to lvl. Otherwise I dont see how you are going to make old content still be relevant
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#32 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:12 pm

We dont really want to make it relevent, we just want to give enough incentives to persuade people to run them few times on each alt.

Akilinus

Post#33 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:24 pm

Hargrim wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:12 pm We dont really want to make it relevent, we just want to give enough incentives to persuade people to run them few times on each alt.
Faster lvling would be a great incentive to run it :)
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#34 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:09 pm

Gunbad gives good Xp for level 31+ already
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Akilinus

Post#35 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:45 pm

Grunbag wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:09 pm Gunbad gives good Xp for level 31+ already
Can Gunbad be done with a full group of 31s?
Have never tried it myself

nebelwerfer

Post#36 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:05 pm

I think both onslought and invader gear should give greater ward.

Doing RVR/PVE as a warband should be a shortcut to bypass certain dungeons that you might not need anything from. Also gives you a good reason to do this this for all those classes that don't have great gear from chap 22 or invader.

I also think there should be a bastion stairs tier weapons purchasable with invader currency. These weapons should be unique equip, so you have to do forts AND top tier pve content to get both bis weapons. Atm the inf farm to get 2 bis weapons seem a little weird, also having to choose between a 2h and two 1h weapons is also strange design to me.

Adding a special expiring talisman for ring / pocket item for invader so you will never have a reason not to do fort would also be good.

If I had a toon that needed redeye GEAR, ofc I would probably do it, as i have on many many alts. But in certain cases like my WP I simply don't need that gear, nor do I really need sentinel gear.

I only need wards for bloodlord and thus my motivation for running aaall that pve multiple times AGAIN is lacking. Gunbad already consumed way too many hours of my life. And let's face it, with the lowered level cap to 31 the place is a shadow of it's former self.

Would be nice with more paths to the end content, I think it would make it feel a little less tedious gearing your toons.

For what it's worth I still like Gunbad, it's the first dungeon on the server and looking back it's amazing how far we've come :mrgreen: thx for reading my 2c

Hargrim
Developer

Post#37 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:25 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:05 pm I think both onslought and invader gear should give greater ward.

Doing RVR/PVE as a warband should be a shortcut to bypass certain dungeons that you might not need anything from. Also gives you a good reason to do this this for all those classes that don't have great gear from chap 22 or invader.

I also think there should be a bastion stairs tier weapons purchasable with invader currency. These weapons should be unique equip, so you have to do forts AND top tier pve content to get both bis weapons. Atm the inf farm to get 2 bis weapons seem a little weird, also having to choose between a 2h and two 1h weapons is also strange design to me.

Adding a special expiring talisman for ring / pocket item for invader so you will never have a reason not to do fort would also be good.

If I had a toon that needed redeye GEAR, ofc I would probably do it, as i have on many many alts. But in certain cases like my WP I simply don't need that gear, nor do I really need sentinel gear.

I only need wards for bloodlord and thus my motivation for running aaall that pve multiple times AGAIN is lacking. Gunbad already consumed way too many hours of my life. And let's face it, with the lowered level cap to 31 the place is a shadow of it's former self.

Would be nice with more paths to the end content, I think it would make it feel a little less tedious gearing your toons.

For what it's worth I still like Gunbad, it's the first dungeon on the server and looking back it's amazing how far we've come :mrgreen: thx for reading my 2c

Nah, thanks, we don't need any shortcuts for people that already have Invader or Onslaught.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#38 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:49 pm

Akilinus wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:45 pm
Grunbag wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:09 pm Gunbad gives good Xp for level 31+ already
Can Gunbad be done with a full group of 31s?
Have never tried it myself
With recent bolster fix yes you can
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads