Recent Topics

Ads

lesser wards

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Celyt

lesser wards

Post#1 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:46 pm

There has to be an easier way to get lesser wards than gunbad. The grindiness of Gunbad can be really daunting.

Simple solution would be making the quests take the boss kill for 1 instead of 3. I think most people could live with that but doing it constantly is incredibly boring. Also if it was made easier to obtain lesser it would allow people to venture into the other dungeons and increase the amount of pve done.

Ads
Manatikik

Re: lesser wards

Post#2 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:52 pm

Idk at 9 hours of gunbad spread out over 3-9 days doesn’t seem that bad (and that’s if you don’t get a single piece dropped and only from quests). Join a guild and gunbad is a joke.
<Montague><Capulet>

mubbl

Post#3 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:54 pm

^ this, i mean rvr items are already for free more or less.
Pve takes even less time compared to pvp, comon atleast a bit of something called effort should be on player side...

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:56 pm

as stated its not that bad of a thing to get through. And with the quests you only have to do it 3 times to be guaranteed.

This is not changing

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:14 pm

mubbl wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:54 pm Pve takes even less time compared to pvp
To be fair

PvP dosnt have ~2 day lockouts of lakes/keeps/forts and warbands are far more and open that dungeon parties who only want specific roles or classes at a certain time

Celyt

Post#6 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:37 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:14 pm
mubbl wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:54 pm Pve takes even less time compared to pvp
To be fair

PvP dosnt have ~2 day lockouts of lakes/keeps/forts and warbands are far more and open that dungeon parties who only want specific roles or classes at a certain time
My thoughts exactly, if there was no timer or an faster way to obtain just the 1 set you'd see an influx of people doing pve

toffikx

Post#7 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:47 pm

I hate to brake it to you, but pve is designed in that way, just as the long grinds for scenario gear. Why? To keep you playing.

ahzzag

Post#8 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Didn't get the point what you mean
Celyt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:46 pmconstantly
? You only have to go GB 3 times to get a full part of set-gear, which takes you about 9 hours as Manatikik mentioned before.
Additionally you could go next pve dungeons right in parallel so there is no waste of time... Would like to know where you could get an gear-set easier in about 9 hours. Its way more harder obtain full ORvR or SC set

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#9 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:13 pm

toffikx wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:47 pm I hate to brake it to you, but pve is designed in that way, just as the long grinds for scenario gear. Why? To keep you playing.
I play to PvP, not PvE. At least the devs on live figured out that for a PvP game the wards should be on PvP gear.

And YES!!! WAR is a PvP game only. When your main stats rely on Renown, and Renown is only rewarded through PvP ... then it is a PvP game.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Herthin

Post#10 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:52 pm Idk at 9 hours of gunbad spread out over 3-9 days doesn’t seem that bad (and that’s if you don’t get a single piece dropped and only from quests). Join a guild and gunbad is a joke.
I dont agree with Op and i dont agree with you either. You count PERFECT runs.
You dont count in the time that it actually takes to build a grp. I usally drop after 1h shouting for ppl on PRIMETIME. Longest time i ever took to assemble a grp was EIGHT hours - will do this never ever again.
Even with announcing it DAYS before on dedicated discord servers.
If you are in a guild that is just not into PvE u fecked again.
If the ppl (from the guild) dont get the difference between RvR and PvE you are fecked again and might be even better off with Pugs.
And Pug PvE is just pure nightmare.

I got 5 toons geared in gunbad to this point, i have been through everthing including 5h stuck in left wing.
And NOT killing the Boss in the end.
Now i just leave grps after a few wipes or even one when i see it wont work, i dont bother anymore to talk to walls of ignorance.

Best results i had was when i was forcing ppl into comms.
And i was ridiculed for it by ppl that was carried through it over ingame chats. *slowclap*

@OP Out of my view its very damn generous to get your stuff guaranteed after 3 successful runs, havent seen that on any other game that ive played so far. Gunbad was nerfed to bits compared to launch.
EVEN THE MOBCOUNT ON PQs WAS REDUCED!!!111!!eleven

You have always the chance 1/6 to get your stuff in the run, 2/6 if you convince the same class to run with you while having the stuff already. Even the dang boots and gloves you can now get from quests.
This stands in no relation to the ammount of grind you need in oRvR where u can wait months for your stuff because you pull out 5 times in a row the boots out of the GBag.
A shame one cant get killquest full with lockout anymore tho.

The problem with Gunbad or any PvE content for that matter is (mostly) not the design, its the lack of commitment by the community.
Get proper setups, proper specs, get in comms, do good and stop wasting your own and 5 other ppl time
= profit but i guess thats too much asked.
Asking for a 116,6% dropchance is the absoulute high point.

NO NO NO NO NO NO