Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Making certain Scenarios permanent fixtures in Rotation

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.

Poll: Should certain Scenarios be made permanent fixtures in the Scenario rotation?

Yes (Give suggestions in comments below)
90%
No
10%
Total votes: 31

Sweetummz

Re: [Suggestion] Making certain Scenarios permanent fixtures in Rotation

Post#21 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:39 pm

This is a great idea. I would love to have Nordenwatch and Blackfire Basin always available.

Ads
Scottx125

Post#22 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:40 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:00 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:51 pm Depends how these would be added into the lobby. If we get 3 permanent good maps but it's a free for all for pugs and premades. Yeah no thanks :). I'll only support this if we have a separate selection of maps for both pugs and premades.
As mentioned in OP, PUG SC and Premade SC would remain as they are; this would simply see 3 of the best 'free for all' maps made permanent in the rotation.

Team have already expressed that they won't add more PUG SC or Premade SC, and they are right to do so. Bearing this in mind, it makes sense to make the other 5/6 'normal' maps as appealing to the masses as possible.
That's fine then :). Though in regards to lack of SC play the main reason I don't play SC's isn't due to the maps. It's because it's just not that fun :/. ORVR has a dynamic gameplay element, it's basically SC's and fort attacking rolled into one with randomness and tactics, and there's no wait time :). It feels more rewarding, regardless of if it actually is or isn't.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

adamthelc

Post#23 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:46 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:40 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:00 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:51 pm Depends how these would be added into the lobby. If we get 3 permanent good maps but it's a free for all for pugs and premades. Yeah no thanks :). I'll only support this if we have a separate selection of maps for both pugs and premades.
As mentioned in OP, PUG SC and Premade SC would remain as they are; this would simply see 3 of the best 'free for all' maps made permanent in the rotation.

Team have already expressed that they won't add more PUG SC or Premade SC, and they are right to do so. Bearing this in mind, it makes sense to make the other 5/6 'normal' maps as appealing to the masses as possible.
That's fine then :). Though in regards to lack of SC play the main reason I don't play SC's isn't due to the maps. It's because it's just not that fun :/. ORVR has a dynamic gameplay element, it's basically SC's and fort attacking rolled in one with randomness and tactics, and there's no wait time :). It feels more rewarding, regardless of if it actually is or isn't.
No wait time is probably the biggest factor. That and you cant queue in a WB.

But back to the main point I dont think it's a terrible idea, maybe semi permanent would be better though. Like 3 or 4 months then you look at it again. If the same maps are still the most popular you could bring them back.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#24 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:51 pm

I agree with Saftdrycks modification of the proposal.

1 from the "melee-scenarios" (Gates of Ekrund, Mourkain Temple, Reikland's Factory, and Maw of Madness)
1 from the range-scenarios" (Nordenwatch, Black Fire Basin, Phoenix Gate, and Serpent's Passage)
1 from the 18vs18 scenarios (battle for praag, reikland hills, gromril crossing)
4 from the rest including the "melee-scenarios" and "range-scenarios" not taken from the other brackets.

As long as pug-scenario is still a thing, scenarios from all brackets should be entitled to be pug-scenarios.

Same scenarios every week will get boring sooner or later.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Nefarian78

Post#25 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:04 am

I'm 100% on board with the idea but it has very little to do with why scenario popularity has dropped considerably. While having favourites scenarios like Nordenwatch or Ekrund permanently active might help, it does nothing to tackle the main problem with Scenario, which is the total lack of useful rewards.

Back when Dominator and SC weapons were BIS, pug queues took max 2minutes and there were 10times more organized groups doing scenarios, population was also lower in general.

Good rewards will make people flock to scenarios again. Especially with the god-awful blob meta going on lately.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

DokB

Post#26 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:04 am

Good idea, hopefully it would breathe some life back into scenarios and get more people queuing.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Scottx125

Post#27 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:11 am

Nefarian78 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:04 am I'm 100% on board with the idea but it has very little to do with why scenario popularity has dropped considerably. While having favourites scenarios like Nordenwatch or Ekrund permanently active might help, it does nothing to tackle the main problem with Scenario, which is the total lack of useful rewards.

Back when Dominator and SC weapons were BIS, pug queues took max 2minutes and there were 10times more organized groups doing scenarios, population was also lower in general.

Good rewards will make people flock to scenarios again. Especially with the god-awful blob meta going on lately.
I wouldn't say that the rewards aren't good enough. I mean for my WP the 2H dps hammer is a requirement xD. But unfortunately it takes FOREVER to grind 1500 emblems. I remember last year I grinded for 5 days 5 hours a day and I only got 450 emblems at the end of it... After that I lost interest, stopped playing my WP and only played characters that worked in ORVR because it was the only fun part of the game.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.