Recent Topics

Ads

thunder valley scenario, suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
flintboth

thunder valley scenario, suggestion

Post#1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:32 am

As Nath have asked (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33107&start=20) about give à constructive feedback and suggestions to the scenarios who look unfun or not well designed I give here one suggestion about a scenario who is, for me, a little boring because of the too many Battle Objective on a LARGE map who drive players away from the fights.

Here my suggestion, make four BO, for every Realm make one on the side near the respawn and one other in front of the middle barrack.

I think we have to try to keep the most as possible the spirit of this scenario with his large area.
I try to place less as possible BO and in specifics places (crossing, safe place with wall for def/small scale...) to make all way interesting for flanking, ambush...

You need THREE Objectives only to lock the middle barrack and win points.

Feel free to redisign my suggestion if you think there is something interesting.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: thunder valley scenario, suggestion

Post#2 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:54 am

Not adding any personal opinion on the topic but Id like to add that if doing this the mechanic of bombing that you can do from middle would be lost. And from your map the BOs seems so close to each other that if middle point is something you can unlock you can effectively shoot from middle BO into another BO.

wachlarz

Post#3 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:23 am

Just make bo tick/kills 50% less worth in score. This sc is too fast, U can run all sc and dont meet any enemy

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:37 am

personally I dont enjoy this scenario either, though my first thoughts would be to either increase min number of players and maybe straight up removing 2 BOs, one on each side.

flintboth

Post#5 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:58 am

Battle for Praag is fun with three groups per Realm and the area is less biggest than Thunder Valley.
Would be possible and fun with one WB here ?
I think that could be more fun for all.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#6 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:19 am

it should be noted however that with current pop for SCs, increasing the min and max number of players for the SC means that it will probably never pop.

Tesq

Post#7 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:04 am

Natherul wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:37 am personally I dont enjoy this scenario either, though my first thoughts would be to either increase min number of players and maybe straight up removing 2 BOs, one on each side.

problems:
-too few player WHEN SC START not too few player cap......
-sc lasting too few /kill gives too much point

solutions:
- increase min number of ppl required for sc start to 12 (min)
- increase sc timer before sc start by 30 sec. in live it worked fine because ppl had more time to enter
- remove points from kills entirely imo jsut add renown for kills at the end of sc.

Rydiak

Post#8 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:03 am

I would definitely say remove points from kills entirely.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
flintboth

Post#9 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:04 am

I have play Thunder Valley yesterday, there was 4 destro groups, I want to say thanks you ! for trying new change to bring more fun in the game.
There was more fights.

toffikx

Post#10 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:09 pm

Rydiak wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:03 am I would definitely say remove points from kills entirely.
Why just points from kills? Remove two faction fights and replace it with one faction against npcs. Throw in a boss somewhere, because everybody loves pve. That way you don’t have to do any more meaningless pvp, you can also ignore these nasty and evil premades.