Recent Topics

Ads

Making tanks into actual dps.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
orillah
Suspended

Re: Making tanks into actual dps.

Post#41 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:45 pm

For the last year's it looks like any TS who made any theme with some proposal included should find an answer for two questions first(because its really looks like an official statement)"why you cant find a dedicated 2x2x2 group?" Or "join a wb?!".

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#42 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:23 am

Manatikik wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:32 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:04 pm You are right. Waiting an hour sometimes for a pop because I don't have a set group makes sense. When I do have a group, we kill everything and the SC ends in 2 minutes for 2 emblems. Got it.
Have you ever thought about making a worse group?
:lol:

Dackle

Post#43 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:15 am

Tankbeardz wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:23 am
Manatikik wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:32 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:04 pm You are right. Waiting an hour sometimes for a pop because I don't have a set group makes sense. When I do have a group, we kill everything and the SC ends in 2 minutes for 2 emblems. Got it.
Have you ever thought about making a worse group?
:lol:
I lol'd IRL at this too. Dabbart speaks truth as well.

zachary

Post#44 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:03 pm

To try and get this thread back on track:
>I had a stupid conversation about this last night as well. You guys are really overreacting. There needs to be some kind of catch for tanks that intentionally spec for DPS.

Respectfully, I disagree. Tanks can only be as 'dps' as the spec tree (eg. the devs) allows; they'll never have all the CC and gap closing and etc that an mdps has - and if their dps does get too close to that of an mdps, that would seem to be a game balance issue to be addressed by mastery tree alternations. And no matter how tanky an mdps specs themselves, they're never going to get Guard or HTL. (Aside: OTOH, it would be really cool if the system was a bit more like WHFRP and you could 'spec into' new professions as you levelled and end up with a really custom mish-mash of skills/abilities so you _could_ be an mdps with guard... not that you'd want it, really, squishy as they'd likely be. Yeah, I know, we're not redesigning the game from scratch.)

If you were to make a scale 1..100 with deftard tanks as 1 and glass cannon mdps as 10... how much are they supposed to overlap? 10% ? Does a (eqal level/geared) dps tank have higher average damage than a supertanky mdps? Does a supertanky mdps have a higher average defensive abilities (armor/dodge/parry/disrupt/block) than a dps tank? I don't know, but it would seem relevant.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

orfeask

Post#45 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:30 am

There is no such thing as a "dps" tank and there should never be, 99% of the tanks that use 2hands specc for defenses and only use the 2hand for the utility provided.
Prime example of shaping a tank tree for "dps" is chosen's Path of Dread tree which completely lost its utility(aside from the ap aura) for the sake of appealing to """dps""" tanks (replacing crippling strikes with poor man's runefang). Nobody wants something like that again.

Arthem

Post#46 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:15 am

Natherul wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:24 am Mind you that as stated in previous patch notes the check for what you are is not on gear anymore its on mastery points spent. Also to add that this topic is teetering on the edge of lock since its a balance proposal topic in a non balance subforum.
You better lock it then mate.

Acidic

Post#47 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:21 am

Worth remembering the outcry when 2h dps tanks were given reduced gaurd?
Clearly shows that this type of thread is trying to give more dps while attempting to keep tank features

Arthem

Post#48 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:31 am

After all this time you guys thought Tanks were an Archtype. Sorry nope, its a mastery spec. This is why this discussion is legitimate and we need to talk about giving tanks charge abilities, detaunt and heal debuffs.

Ads
Haskr

Post#49 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:32 am

Arthem wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:15 am
Natherul wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:24 am Mind you that as stated in previous patch notes the check for what you are is not on gear anymore its on mastery points spent. Also to add that this topic is teetering on the edge of lock since its a balance proposal topic in a non balance subforum.
You have to see it from a developer point of view: If they leave it open they might bait a few more bans out of this, they already got Tesq, so it was a big success up to this point.

They can also get two more bans now, because with your snarky comment towards Natherul you showed lack of respect to the staff, and I did the same by pointing the above mentioned out.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#50 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:01 pm

Haskr wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:32 am
Arthem wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:15 am
You have to see it from a developer point of view: If they leave it open they might bait a few more bans out of this, they already got Tesq, so it was a big success up to this point.

They can also get two more bans now, because with your snarky comment towards Natherul you showed lack of respect to the staff, and I did the same by pointing the above mentioned out.
Arthem received his third warning in another thread very recently, so I'll let this go and have that sink in. But yes, if you continuously harass staff you will get tossed out of here eventually.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog