Recent Topics

Ads

Debate about staff positions.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Trieste
Banned

Debate about staff positions.

Post#1 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:00 pm

Disclaimer: I'm only writing this myself to prevent an ongoing argument from unnecessarily and willfully finding its way to this forum.

Hello, so i read a conversation about the RoR staff on a private (invite-only) forum and i want to relay some of it to you.

I couldn't care less about this myself but it was a very interesting conversation and i was asked to do this. ;)

The conversation was essentially about the structure of staff positions and the tasks they do, some changes were proposed.

As it is now -

Head Game Master: head game mastering + head dealing with warnings/suspensions/bans/appeals

Game Masters: game mastering

Community Managers: forum managing

After changes -

Head Game Master: head game mastering + conduct oversight of 'Community Moderator'

Game Masters: game mastering

('Community Managers' become 'Head Forum Manager' & 'Forum Managers')

Head Forum Manager: head forum managing + conduct oversight of 'Community Moderator'

Forum Managers: forum managing

(new position formed called 'Community Moderator' functioning under the conduct oversight of senior staff)

Community Moderator: dealing with warnings/suspensions/bans/appeals

The notion behind all of this was that a 'Community Moderator' dealing with warnings/suspensions/bans/appeals would have to do so under the oversight of senior staff (all senior staff in general) so that if anyone had any real complaints about the way their situation was being dealt with then the game/forum heads (or even other senior staff) could step in (it was imagined that this would be rarely needed) and correct the Community Moderator actions/decisions thus incentivising the Community Moderator to be squeaky clean and impersonal in the way they do their job thus permanently NUKING all GENUINE and LEGITIMATE sources of acrimony about warnings/suspensions/bans/appeals.

The senior staff would decide the policies, the Community Moderator would just be the one to enact them AND a Community Moderator would be FULLY subject to those policies.

It was also imagined that game/forum heads (or even other senior staff) could have veto power to step in and take over a situation but only if absolutely necessary and certainly not as a common occurrence.

After some FIERY argument they established who they'd accept/want in those positions.

Head Game Master: wargrimnir

Game Masters: Essentially anyone e.g. Druin.

Head Forum Manager: DanielWinner

Forum Managers: Essentially anyone e.g. carmine3161.

Community Moderator: Anyone proven to be sensible and trustworthy.

Heavy stuff right? i certainly got a giggle out of it.

Also 'Master(s)' was suggested in place of 'Manager(s)' for 'Head Forum Manager' and 'Forum Managers'.
Last edited by Trieste on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Debate about staff positions.

Post#2 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:11 pm

I then vote for Wargrimnir as Community Moderator.
This all smells like putting someone else with a less strict policy in charge for bans&warnings.
Dying is no option.

Trieste
Banned

Post#3 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:13 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:11 pm I then vote for Wargrimnir as Community Moderator.
This all smells like putting someone else with a less strict policy in charge for bans&warnings.

I think it could be even stricter AND a Community Moderator would be FULLY subject to the same stricter rules.

The senior staff would decide the policies, the Community Moderator would just be the one to enact them.

Dabbart

Post#4 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:19 pm

Who are you, and why should anyone care what you say/think? Cause currently, it looks like you are a formerly banned player creating an evasion account to stir ****. Oh, you and your band of Banned players think the staff organization should be shaken up? Why should anyone listen or care about your opinions when you could be anyone of a dozen toxic players? Why do you feel the need to Hide behind a brand new acct?

"I'm only writing this myself to prevent an ongoing argument from unnecessarily and willfully finding its way to this forum."

So... You create a "debate" thread to prevent an argument? You create a thread to stop something from "willfully finding it's way to the forums"...

We need some form of newbie protection on the forums. You can't create threads outside of "introduce yourself!" or Help sections for X days of creation...

tldr: don't feed the trolls.
Last edited by Dabbart on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

toffikx

Post#5 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:24 pm

Any Balance Moderators ? :|

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:29 pm

Dresden, ha.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog