Recent Topics

Ads

[Sc] Replace domination with the following.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
adamthelc

Re: [Sc] Replace domination with the following.

Post#11 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:21 pm

alusnova wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:33 pm I like this idea and one way that will deter people from afking ( usually afk after wipe)
is have the scenario announce that "reinforcements are incoming" this way you know you can try to push and fight after reinforcements have arrived.

At the end this will create more fighting for both sides, I bet that both sides prefer fighting than afk.

Also imagine how many solos are just waiting hours end to get into a sc, well this solution will help with that too , we won't have wasted scenarios ( afk people)
I'm sure people love the idea of getting zerged in a scenario. That's something they cant find in the lakes.

There are a lot of solos waiting forever to get into a scenario. I bet they are really excited at the idea of having to wait 30 minutes to get into a scenario some other group already lost.

If you dont want a fight with even numbers why are you doing scenarios? Why is the least acceptable solution to getting beat by a better team to bring a better team next time?

It is frightening, how little, people are called out for having terrible opinions or ideas.

Ads
toffikx

Post#12 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:24 pm

adamthelc wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:21 pm It is frightening, how little, people are called out for having terrible opinions or ideas.
This is a terrible idea.

DokB

Post#13 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:42 pm

Spoiler:
Zxul wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:27 pm
DokB wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:51 am Brilliant idea 10/10.
I especially liked the part where it relies less on the skills of the player involved and more on the zerg aspect. Just what scenarios need to be honest.
Thanks, it was the kind of a brilliant idea I knew people will really appreciate the moment they hear it- when it hit me, I simply knew that this is exactly what the scenarios were missing all along.

For whoever replied here, RoR is currently balanced about pug, since it is the majority of players on server. Pug vs pug or premade vs premade this won't be triggered, premade stomping pug for a full duration won't be back- devs were clear about that. This from other hand will give pug a reason to keep playing the sc when facing a premade, and will give premade some actual challenge when facing pug (and if you were in premade for farming pug for renown, see the "devs said no" part).

Just consider it protoss vs zerg sc mod.
You want pug vs pug? Queue the pug SC.
You want to be able to stand a chance against the people who took the initiative and queued up as a group? Make your own group to fight them.
You want to mindlessly zerg down smaller groups with larger numbers? Play RvR.

The current state of scenarios is a mess, it feels like ninety percent of scenarios end prematurely from domination and it is spoiling potentially good games where a comeback may have happened. This is on top of the other issues such as long queue times and solo 2h tanks being counted as DPS but these are beside the point.

I didn’t think we could have a worse implementation for domination, but you really raised the bar here. Consider never posting again.

Edit: A small side note; scenarios are supposed to end early when there is a numbers imbalance. I thought you might have considered that before putting pen to paper with this hot topic. But when you have someone who thinks that 12vs48 is a good alternative to domination, I suppose we can’t expect too much “deep thinking”.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

toffikx

Post#14 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:15 am

DokB wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:42 pm Consider never posting again

Zxul

Post#15 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:31 am

DokB wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:42 pm
Spoiler:
Zxul wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:27 pm
DokB wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:51 am Brilliant idea 10/10.
I especially liked the part where it relies less on the skills of the player involved and more on the zerg aspect. Just what scenarios need to be honest.
Thanks, it was the kind of a brilliant idea I knew people will really appreciate the moment they hear it- when it hit me, I simply knew that this is exactly what the scenarios were missing all along.

For whoever replied here, RoR is currently balanced about pug, since it is the majority of players on server. Pug vs pug or premade vs premade this won't be triggered, premade stomping pug for a full duration won't be back- devs were clear about that. This from other hand will give pug a reason to keep playing the sc when facing a premade, and will give premade some actual challenge when facing pug (and if you were in premade for farming pug for renown, see the "devs said no" part).

Just consider it protoss vs zerg sc mod.
You want pug vs pug? Queue the pug SC.
You want to be able to stand a chance against the people who took the initiative and queued up as a group? Make your own group to fight them.
You want to mindlessly zerg down smaller groups with larger numbers? Play RvR.

The current state of scenarios is a mess, it feels like ninety percent of scenarios end prematurely from domination and it is spoiling potentially good games where a comeback may have happened. This is on top of the other issues such as long queue times and solo 2h tanks being counted as DPS but these are beside the point.

I didn’t think we could have a worse implementation for domination, but you really raised the bar here. Consider never posting again.

Edit: A small side note; scenarios are supposed to end early when there is a numbers imbalance. I thought you might have considered that before putting pen to paper with this hot topic. But when you have someone who thinks that 12vs48 is a good alternative to domination, I suppose we can’t expect too much “deep thinking”.
So I did hit a nerve there.

Anyway, devs said no to stomping undergeared pug with premades, since lets face it this is pretty much where domination really kicks in. And there is really no way of making any sort of balanced fight between 2/2/2 premade, likely in an at least a decent gear, and say 3 dps doks in ruin/3 unguarded and unhealed choppas, besides pumping the numbers on the pug side.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

DokB

Post#16 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:50 am

No nerves hit here m8, just pointing out a stupid idea and giving you some advice to consider.
I would have thought anyone who has ever played any scenario could tell you why having imbalanced team numbers is a bad idea, but apparently it is lost on you.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Zxul

Post#17 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:23 am

DokB wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:50 am No nerves hit here m8, just pointing out a stupid idea and giving you some advice to consider.
I would have thought anyone who has ever played any scenario could tell you why having imbalanced team numbers is a bad idea, but apparently it is lost on you.
Ahh well, why not I will play along. So plz explain to me, why do you consider having imbalanced team numbers being worst than having full invader 2/2/2 premade with voice comms, and random 6 pugs in ruin, in same sc?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

orillah
Suspended

Post#18 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:51 am

2/2/2 in pug was banned behaviour beforе , dunno how's it nowadays. In many aspects game is unfair, but at the sane same those six man spend tremendous amount of their lives to get those invader pieces and roflstomp people in ruin.

Ads
DokB

Post#19 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:54 am

Alright, so putting aside that cherry picked group setup and the fact a full 6man premade can’t be put against 6 random pugs (since that would then be the pug scenario which premades larger than 2 cannot get into).
What do you suppose happens when your reinforcements arrive and its your own realms full 6 man in voice comms and in full invader? 6v12 is suddenly okay now that you’re winning right? Using this sort of anecdotal evidence as an argument is ridiculous by the way, so I’m not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.

Scenarios numbers need to be balanced, that is one of the defining rules a scenario should adhere to. There are already enough checks in place that make scenarios queues take long enough, if a gear check was implemented then you might as well say goodbye to seeing another SC pop ever. I might have agreed with you if you made a point about level 31 lowbies having to fight geared level 40 characters, but the population and those who are queuing generally don’t support this.

If you cannot fight on equal ground versus the big bad scary premade, then just do what everyone else does and PvE them to death by running objectives. You have a better chance at winning that way probably.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

dansari

Post#20 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:04 am

I have been involved in several scenarios where there were no premades and one side was simply much worse or less balanced than the other side and domination ended it early. Just saying
<Salt Factory>