Recent Topics

Ads

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: FEEDBACK: AOE cap

Post#11 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:41 am

Bozzax wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:29 am
The aoe cap was implemented bc organized well geared 8mans could killl blobs in daoc. It was a safeguard for pug blobs not the other way
The tools for CC on daoc are much higher than warhammer, the aoe mezz + aoe stun (+ 3xpbaoe) combo is not in this game.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#12 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:48 am

Spoiler:
emiliorv wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:41 am
Bozzax wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:29 am
The aoe cap was implemented bc organized well geared 8mans could killl blobs in daoc. It was a safeguard for pug blobs not the other way
The tools for CC on daoc are much higher than warhammer, the aoe mezz + aoe stun (+ 3xpbaoe) combo is not in this game.
Lets not derail im not for or against simply read why they added a 9 target cap which is relevant
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Pappirozza2

Post#13 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:13 pm

I have tested 24 aoe cap with 2 groups (at 1st) yesterday for like 8 hours. The change really gives this game a 2nd life. Finally a skill, teamplay, setup actually beats mindless blobing, which I was witnessing for lots of months on destro side, when several guild wbs holding hands together or rallying the whole faction to blob in one battle zone. Ofc this change needs thorough testing and improving. Totally agree with Auran post. Not gonna lie, I was thinking about taking a break of the boring gameplay we had before. More than that seeing some guildies returning and enjoying the changes encourages me to continue building our guild and have fun in rvr. Also haven't noticed any difference for a healer (main char healer 84). I really hope increasing aoe cap remains. (VII officer)

oaliaen

Post#14 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:22 pm

Could you increase normal cap of lots choppin' to 6-9 and tactic 24 ? i think thios change is working greatly for some classes than others..

Bozzax

Post#15 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:33 pm

Why cap at all?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

bestwaytodie

Post#16 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:48 pm

played from kv to tm yesterday:

it felt so refreshing as someone who prefers roaming in a solo guild warband to be given a chance at taking on the zerg and have came back after a break being frustrated with not having the tools to take it on. really felt like being back in the glory days of live at some points yesterday.

really impressed with the last patch and changes its brought. for me finally pushing the game in the direction it needs to be going in terms of orvr and the campaign, hopefully splitting the population in he lakes.

Did you play with the change? YES

What career did you play with? Knight

Is the change good as it is? In general yes

Is the change good but too far (as in lower cap to another value but between 9 and 24)? General damage abilities would be fine where they are currently.

Is the change good but some abilities needs to be specifically capped (if so what ones?)? Stagger should be tonned down along with other crowd control abilities in genenral. i think 24 man staggers, knock backs, detaunts, smite, shatter limbs bad gas etc is to much but would like to see it higher than it was before. maybe try testing it down to 18 or even 12 but wouldn't like to see it lower than 12. it gives enough control without being to op. i guess mostly utility abilities tonned down is what im saying.

Are there any specific areas where this becomes especially troublesome? i would have thought that funnels would have been unbreakable with this change but as already stated by others it seems to have gone the other way. i havnt been in enough to say for certain but from the couple i've been in attackers have the advantage atm. guess its time to come up with a different Strategy.

all in all my gut feeling was correct and it feels so much better to raid in an organised warband again. ty
Last edited by bestwaytodie on Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minidksms

Post#17 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:14 pm

best change in a long time, 24 dmg cap is perfect. makes it way more fun to play and not just blop up to soak dmg. keep it.

sgomberoni
Game Master

Post#18 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:17 pm

minidksms wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:14 pm best change in a long time, 24 dmg cap is perfect. makes it way more fun to play and not just blop up to soak dmg. keep it.
This is terrible feedback, are you aware of it? Try to elaborate and be more argumentative maybe?
Crotgu

Ads
wonshot

Post#19 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:55 pm

Played yesterday for so long that I forgot to eat dinner and went to bed way past midnight :lol:

Yes I think the AoE increase is a good think

Yes I think there is room for finetuning

In a game that already has collision on both friendly and foe, in combat. The game creates a natural limmitation on how many players you can actually hit with a 30feet PBaoe attack or with a ranged Cleave ability that has 20feet width.
To some extend I think that if you can manage to hit 24people all stacked on top if eachother by possitioning yourself in the middle of them, then you deserve to hit them all due to the risk of being in the midst of only enemies.

on the other hand, some abilities might just be too potent with this test-cap of 24.
Crowdcontrol should be potent, if you can navigate through an enemy warband and land a well placed Quake aoe stagger bravo!
(Staggering a whole warband takes a little less skill, and just provides immunities since you cant navigate what portion you want)

Morales with CC plus morale-damage component are just too danm good. Solarflare got changed before it could be tested and thank Odin for that. But No Escape, Blackorc M3 Silence, Zealot S.T.F.U, slayer aoe knockdown etc etc. Just gives each of these classes a chance to control a full warband singlehandedly, while dealing damage to them. Just seems like too much.

Debuffing abilities like DPS RP/Zealot Armor aoe debuffing and critting for applying 50%incoming healdebuff is basicly in the same boat as the Bombers, if you can fit into the mist of the foes and apply it to many, you should be allowed to. But one Debuffer have so much more value than one bomber, so maybe this needs to be turned down, im personally torn.

Resource gain on WP/DoK just became instant refill on demand, throwing a smite out on CD and not having to worry about RF resourcemanagement anymore. Im personally tempted to see if Shield-wielding melee healers actually got viable with this for WB.

Keepsieges and funnels. 3star keeps were already an issue before hand. I think we need to cancel that whole idea of a blocked inner postern if the defenders keep reaches 3stars. As aoe stacking and collision are simply too much now for Funnelbreaks to be a thing unless its ATLEAST 40AAO difference.

Cheesetactics: Blasting potions that deals morale-damage as a "fire and forget" AoE dot unmittigateable not really doing anything on its own but when full warbands, or several, use them in clashes its alot of additional Lag created, its anti-fun, its cheesy and can be determinating of the fights despite not being linked with time investment in your char or progression. Time to remove these for RvR.

Suggestions for finetuning an increased AoE-cap pass 9:

Allow normal damage abilities to hit atleast 16-18 players
Remove (test) all morale-damaging abilities and morales
Limmit AoE CC normal abilities to hitting 9 players (staggering a full warband with a landmine for 6sec. no ty)
Limmit Moraleability CC to not dealing any damage any more, and CC effect only affect 9players.
Debuffing could either be left on the normal AoE cap, or moved to 9player cap aswel and later be finetuned if needed.

This would mean that no single player can control a full warband with Zealot punts, landmines, knockdowns or whatever. a single AoE bomber can not destroy warbands and critical mass is needed. Debuffing morales such as Distracting Bellow can still affect full aoe-cap so you get longer TimeToKill on clashes, Challenges and resourceflow is plenty so possitioning and movement becomes more important
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Donnie

Post#20 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:59 pm

I got a chance to play as a WP healer yesterday from my POC things didn't seem extreme but more tests are needed with different situations, need play against more organized Warbands.

WP pov

Smite hitting 24 is too much it's unfair on other healers going 0rf-250rf, RP and AM dont have this ease of healing.

Aoe Detaunt is probably too much hitting 24 and needs to be toned down.

But overall I think test was successful showed just bringing more numbers wont always work.