Recent Topics

Ads

idea for balance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
samster

idea for balance

Post#1 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:13 pm

*Boon of Balance*, or just Bob.
Membah that imba jewel that you *accidentally* planted in Fasta's pocket during an event coupla years ago and he went on a rampage where he spammed aoe and noone could do **** to him?
THAT thing magically appears in the pocket of a random melee player of the underdog realm when AAO is above, let's say, 100%.
Bob helps the underdog for, say, 10 minutes, then stuff's back to normal for a few minutes (i.e. another 10 minutes);
If the disproportion persists 10 minutes later - ANOTHER BOB! Woohoo! More havoc, madness and bloodshed - all the good stuff.

Ads
Collateral

Re: idea for balance

Post#2 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:20 pm

Briliant idea should be implemented at this instant.

Collateral

Post#3 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:21 pm

Aaaand there goes the instant

Arbich
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:37 pm

Collateral wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:20 pm Briliant idea should be implemented at this instant.
First the AoE feedback thread and now this... I am disappointed
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

wachlarz

Post#5 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:46 pm

Can be fun

Acidic

Post#6 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:06 pm

Like the game needs even more mindless dps bonus, there are three archetypes , dps, healer, tank.
All these fix Zerg changes only sideline the others. Increase moral gain so m2 arrives faster (m2 mostly a dps thing now) , increase hit target cap for mostly dps, then mindless dps buff for one player, what next BW to have double range buff.....ah i know tanks and healers can also use blast pots, lets nerf them
May as well remove all tactics and setup and just run 23xBW or soc, what fun, Not

samster

Post#7 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:46 pm

All right then...
How about Miracle of Equilibrium (or simply Moe):
A random player of the underdog is suddenly taken up into the air by a manticore/griffon!
Riding their miraculous flying mount 300ft up in the air (or whatever's out of reach of those gosh darn engis/magi) they can shoot any enemy with deadly projectiles that blast 3 men right out of their shoes upon contact, and this horseshit lasts for 10 minutes, after which the mount kicks them off and flies away.
And, as with Bob, if the situation remains out of balance, Moe returns.
Better?

zak68

Post#8 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:58 pm

what about Sad (Search and displace) ; to the underdog side players will be available a pocket item that on use will summon a tiny demon that will scour the battlefield , randomly find a player (whatever class/level is) and punt him/her directly to the capital city(full animation of the pg flung over oceans and mountain ranges would be nice). This would lower imbalance, for a time at least.
Last edited by zak68 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
samster

Post#9 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:59 pm

Oooh! I like that

Mordecaieth

Post#10 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:12 pm

I'm not sure if this is a troll post or not but I will add my own two cents I suppose. Instead of super buffing any sort of player, what about a mob that spawns for the underdog realm? Let's say 120-150% AAO. The side with AAO will have a monster spawn friendly to its own faction, for example a Chaos Demon, or for Order, a Griffon.

The monster would roam until a medium size fight occurs on the map, making it's way there to assist the underdogs (non-applicable to keep defence). An assault might be okay. I would say the mobs hp would be like the quarter of a keep Lord's or maybe 35% but can do some big damage and would take ALMOST a full warband or so to take it down. I would also say you need atleast 3 or 4 stars on your keep to summon the said mob.

Poke it full of holes or add some of your own theory craft to it. I just think super buffing a random player could be subject to abuse so this way if it's a mob or a monster that roams on its own and can't be abused by warbands or keep defenders it might be a bit interesting.

Maybe.