Recent Topics

Ads

Blast' pots making the game drop frames

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jeliel80

Re: Blast' pots making the game drop frames

Post#21 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:36 am

AoE cap has nothing to do with blasting potions creating massive lag, because the problem has been there forever, without being addressed.

I'm not sure exactly why personal attacks are flying around and I really couldn't care less, but I hope devs will finally decide to take into consideration to remove this type of potions, after all their real function is really minimal/non existent (apart creating massive lag :D ).

Thanks and take care.
http://www.seventhlegion.net/
Jeliel - RP 87
Jel - WP 84
Jelyel - DoK 85
Jelielino - Shaman 85
Jelie - Zealot 81
Jelielina - AM 81

Ads
madrocks
Suspended

Post#22 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:03 am

convexte wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:03 am
Spoiler:
Lutzgaroh salty comment again.
Go improve your playstyle.
This cancer pots should be removed/disabled imo.People using it for lags, not for damage etc.

Mangia, mangia, che te fa bene!
Lutz

Lorsten

Post#23 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:07 am

Why should you remove potions? Its a graphical issue, so just remove graphical effects.
I got same fps drops with some engies skills, so forced to play without effects. It can be fixed in video settings, with effects only on self casted skills. So just adjust your graphics to reduce lags.
Many skills and pets can attack you through the walls, its clearly not a problem of potion. There is even whole locations (keeps) where you can aoe stairs through the walls with untargeted skills. Sad but true.
@Bombling, I really dont like your solutions about what you think is a problem. Rather than work on graphics to reduce lag, you asking to delete potions (wtf? maybe lets remove engies, because they have same fps effect for me?).
Rather than find some new set-ups in rvr you just asking to rework whole system, so you can run 6 bw in WB like in 2007...
Never was a fan of posting on this forum, but your posts is just ridiculous, so even players who dont give too much **** about balance is posting in your threads. Its time to stop pushing your ideas and solutions like you are the independent expert, because all your posts are one-sided order bias.

wonshot

Post#24 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:22 am

A while back there was an issue with Electromagnet's animation to not matching the pull, so the devs really disliked this split between the animation and the effect, hence why I didnt really assume they would ever allow just Blast potions to have no animation to battle this framedrop issue.

As for the rest of the nonsence about this being orderbias, I really dont know where its coming from. Guess I am just to be seen as the villan and everything I say must be seen automatically as hidden agenda to only help improve what I what :roll:

So here is what I want dear destro, I want to fight you guys in as close to an even balance game over and over again, where we all have as good performance as we can get.

And for the record I have all effects turned off despite being able to run modern mmos such as BDO on highest settings. It is what it is, I just wish for us to have better game performance. Hate me all you want, for it.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

wonshot

Post#25 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:33 am

And my final comment on the accusations and derail attempts towards I just ask for Order buffs.

I've been throwing around ideas Sorcs getting something maybe close to funnel power to match the BW in terms of aoe presure a year ago, where I also made an arguement about Choppas should be getting a hardhitting damage abilty and no further utility as destro had plenty of that.

Lately ive been agreeing with Solarflare being an issue in funnels, despite drain maras can tecnically counter it. When I made the case of winconditions between the two realms. Just because I am an order main, I still play destro and still get my feet wet to actually see first hand how things are on the recieving end of things. So cut the crap yes im "loud or vocal about issues that I find important and to some degree I am indeed biased, but dont give me that **** about I just want Order to have it easy and win automatically because that is so far from the truth!
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Acidic

Post#26 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:18 am

Ignoring the rest of the stuff here and to the point of lag.

If I were you I would strongly recommend the frame rate improvement thread .
Noticed what looked like scrolling text addon in your vid, could be wrong about it but looked suspiciously like it. This does produce lag regardless . I like the addon but had to get rid of it. Also check using simple font everywhere
As said my rig is not great and would be hard pressed to run modern games , the box is built for when ESO came out so u can imagine it’s a bit dated.
Think the thread I mean is on wargrimar’s signiture but strongly recommend going through that thread , I would even say that thread is more important than removing cheese morals ;)

Aurandilaz

Post#27 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:14 am

I mean if your main argument is still "framerate drops", than using logic, because napalm uses engi napalm graphics, then engi should also have their napalm removed? And because it's not fair for one side, magus should also get their ground targeted aoe removed?

Or as above was said, you can check through various forum thread on how to improve your FPS by filtering out unnecessary information/effects or lowering settings.
You can very much reach same "lag bomb" via other effects, most famous maybe sorc IW+IS hits from distance proccing Frozen Touch + Dok Snares and firing up effects from 65-85ft so enemy lags before they can even reach you, simply due to stacking a lot of effects together.

Stacking lot of players together -> lag increases
Stacking lot of players + lot of AoE -> more lag
Stacking lot of players + lot of AoE + effects -> even more lag

If you are doing smallscale and 1 or 2 engi drop the napalm effect on ground, the effect is abysmal in your FPS, same would be with magus doing same or some player throwing napalm potion (which imitates engi napalm quite a lot). This only becomes an issue in very large fights, where every AoE stacked + all their effects start really bringing your FPS down.

And maybe edit your initial post - the potions do not stack so that is a false argument. Your main argument seems to be now "less lag pls".
The game is old, it's unoptimized, but balancing or straight up removing stuff from game because someone losing a few FPS due to big aoe fights with big effects flying all over the place - is IMO not the way this game should be balanced around.

convexte

Post#28 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:18 am

Spoiler:
madrocks wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:03 am
convexte wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:03 am
Spoiler:
Lutzgaroh salty comment again.
Go improve your playstyle.
This cancer pots should be removed/disabled imo.People using it for lags, not for damage etc.

Mangia, mangia, che te fa bene!
Stop being a pathetic clown, please.
I repeat, everybody using this pots for lags, not for crappy damage or even leeching assists.
And about animation: can engie napalm (and this pot) be like magus mist, but with orange color lol?
But still, i think this problem is about applying procs like FT/FoR, BO/SM stats stealing, DoK snare covenant etc.Any ideas how to fix it?
BW87 Roytze
KotBS 83 Eilert
WP 85 Edelhardt
WH 83 Rayhorst

Magus 80 Dreadtech
Sorc 81 Roytzen
BG 80 Morventh

Ads
kumarip

Post#29 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:34 am

Thanks..