no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Alfa1986
Posts: 282

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#51 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:44 am

drmordread wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:43 am
Alfa1986 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:07 am
zgolec wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:06 am
Lol? For sale? how the **** you wanna sell invader :?: :?: :?:
drmordread wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:47 am
This is something new. For sale?
is it really a secret for you that some people sell accounts and even recently some of them were banned?
I thought he meant selling inv gear. Which is impossible to do.

If people are selling accounts, they are in the minority. Again, a lockout timer, is something that would for the mainstream player work in keeping xrealming down. You will never get rid of it completely, but that is no excuse to not implement something that would cut it down.
maybe you’re right, and the problem of x-realmers is more far-fetched than real. right now it is possible to defend the fort is more interesting than to attacking, but after sieges of cities will be introduced then I am sure that there will be much more attackers than defenders because everyone will immediately want to participate in sieges of cities.
and then you will see exactly the same whine, but on the opposite side, that the siege of the city killed RVR and made the defence of the forts/the zones impossible / not profitable.)))

Ads
anrix
Posts: 22

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#52 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:05 am

RvR has hit the state where Order isn’t pushing keeps so they can defend forts and Destro has gotten tired of feeding Order and has stopped pushing keeps. The consensus is people would rather an easy defense instead of a hard fought offensive unless the attacker outnumbers the defender 3 to 1.

Caps on fort need to be restored.

User avatar
TiberiusD
Posts: 227

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#53 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:21 am

No fort limit - ok because since the zones are connected and you can actually enter the zone from any last T4 zone when the specific T4 zone is not active without using any portal - so no separate zone. Everything is connected now which is good wothout border
Xrealming - this is a problem because people switch sides in favor of attackers (mostly) and defenders does not have any chance of doing something. Which in my opinion is disappointing.
24-aoe cap - i like it and in massive fights you can wipe or be wiped easily. For those who got wiped i recommend find a way to counter it (because i know that there are some) and try to put the AoE first. I see this like in any fight. Depending who is striking first. There are 50% chances to be KO and 50% to resist and counter.
Disaster - the so called "disaster" is not because AoE cap or because removing fort borders. It'a because crossrealming. If a faction gets outnumbered, the AoE is awful. But like in medicine, instead of curing the symptoms, cure the disease. And the "disease" in this case is crossrealming

Alfa1986
Posts: 282

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#54 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:42 am

it’s already interesting, someone claims that now it’s much easier to defend the fort, someone on the contrary, that it’s much easier to attack. All the same, it would be nice in the end to decide who is op and which side is better to play for))

User avatar
TiberiusD
Posts: 227

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#55 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:47 am

Alfa1986 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:42 am
it’s already interesting, someone claims that now it’s much easier to defend the fort, someone on the contrary, that it’s much easier to attack. All the same, it would be nice in the end to decide who is op and which side is better to play for))
Bothbsides should be equal. But when you see people from defender switching to attackers bacause system let's it, the whole process breaks

Alfa1986
Posts: 282

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#56 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:46 am

TiberiusD wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:47 am
Alfa1986 wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:42 am
it’s already interesting, someone claims that now it’s much easier to defend the fort, someone on the contrary, that it’s much easier to attack. All the same, it would be nice in the end to decide who is op and which side is better to play for))
Bothbsides should be equal. But when you see people from defender switching to attackers bacause system let's it, the whole process breaks
This morning there was gnoms's fort that destro won. Destro won it pretty easily, and initially I thought that Destro have much more ppl, but in reality the aspect ratio was almost the same 50 * 50. just destro wanted to win more, acted more coordinated and successfully. order was not coordinate, one or two warbands defended the lower floor, someone stood in the Lord’s room(mb afk), and two or three parties were on the third floor, and we easily killed them all. sometimes when you lose it seems that the enemies are a huge numbers, especially if the enemies coordinate their actions well, but in reality the number of players on the one side and on the other one is approximately the same.

User avatar
Ninjagon
Posts: 122

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#57 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:02 pm

There must be population CAP system.
Reservation system was better to prevent xrealming.
200 vs 200 sounds good on paper, but in reality that means no victory for attackers, so why bother?

Enough of testing (please).
Ninjagon, that Bright Wizard who excels in killing himself. No destruction character.
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
Natherul
Lead Developer
Posts: 3052
Contact:

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#58 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:36 am

xrealming is something that has been brought up many times before and is something that we are actively trying to stop from happening. There are numerous threads about this so not going to go into details on it, search if your interested.

AOE cap at 24 is staying, we might do some tweaks here and there but the change has overall been perceived as good and it gives a reason to not stack blobs as it was before. Stacking blobs to protect members from AOE is a cancerous thing as all it does it further promoote blobbing with no way to combat it.

Forts are also going to stay in this open form as well, the flaws that the open nature eradicates outweighs the negatives.
Lead dev does not mean I´m the best coder around, it just means I have taken on a management role for the devs.
Join the Unofficial IRC
Or the Official Discord
Idrinth´s addon database and client

Ads
Jastojan
Posts: 63

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#59 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:39 pm

Natherul wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:36 am
xrealming is something that has been brought up many times before and is something that we are actively trying to stop from happening. There are numerous threads about this so not going to go into details on it, search if your interested.

AOE cap at 24 is staying, we might do some tweaks here and there but the change has overall been perceived as good and it gives a reason to not stack blobs as it was before. Stacking blobs to protect members from AOE is a cancerous thing as all it does it further promoote blobbing with no way to combat it.

Forts are also going to stay in this open form as well, the flaws that the open nature eradicates outweighs the negatives.
Finaly the answer for me. 24 aoe cap has overall been perceived as good? (with result you dont want to see - a) faster fights in open fields, no place for tactic, just NUKE and if you have to fight against bomb WB, you can quit the game or feed enemy; b) healers in WB can only watch; c) during siege - neverending try to push against massive aoe when critical numbers of defenders are behind the wall; d) strong classes like BW/Engi/Sorc are even stronger compared to other classes (which are now to fill numbers only)...). Players who were against or suggested to lower the cap are nothing... their opinions nothing...
Sadly, not a good news for me.

But to be not so ... (you maybe will see me as a toxic...) I need to thank all devs for their work and hope their passion for the game will stay. Thank you for the possiblity to play this game, it was nice to try it ;) Wish you all the best guys.

User avatar
Natherul
Lead Developer
Posts: 3052
Contact:

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#60 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Jastojan wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:39 pm
Natherul wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:36 am
xrealming is something that has been brought up many times before and is something that we are actively trying to stop from happening. There are numerous threads about this so not going to go into details on it, search if your interested.

AOE cap at 24 is staying, we might do some tweaks here and there but the change has overall been perceived as good and it gives a reason to not stack blobs as it was before. Stacking blobs to protect members from AOE is a cancerous thing as all it does it further promoote blobbing with no way to combat it.

Forts are also going to stay in this open form as well, the flaws that the open nature eradicates outweighs the negatives.
Finaly the answer for me. 24 aoe cap has overall been perceived as good? (with result you dont want to see - a) faster fights in open fields, no place for tactic, just NUKE and if you have to fight against bomb WB, you can quit the game or feed enemy; b) healers in WB can only watch; c) during siege - neverending try to push against massive aoe when critical numbers of defenders are behind the wall; d) strong classes like BW/Engi/Sorc are even stronger compared to other classes (which are now to fill numbers only)...). Players who were against or suggested to lower the cap are nothing... their opinions nothing...
Sadly, not a good news for me.

But to be not so ... (you maybe will see me as a toxic...) I need to thank all devs for their work and hope their passion for the game will stay. Thank you for the possiblity to play this game, it was nice to try it ;) Wish you all the best guys.
you claim there is less tactic, then tell me how is it more tactic if you can simply blob to avoid damage? because to me that is truly less tactics available. Now at least you need to think and maybe split or at least spread out to not stand in the AOE (unless its a funnel as then you have little choice ofc)
Lead dev does not mean I´m the best coder around, it just means I have taken on a management role for the devs.
Join the Unofficial IRC
Or the Official Discord
Idrinth´s addon database and client

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests