Recent Topics

Ads

no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Celyt

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#11 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:35 pm

Those of you who are complaining about the new system need to relax and take a look at the bigger picture. Everyone get a good renown from the gotta and the involvement of the both realms makes it a fun large scale siege. Also, if common sense isn't your strong point note that them making the current top gear obtainable by all levels clues into a new release doesn't it? So relax enjoy and quit bitching about the gotta. There are other aspects of for that need more attention them you getting beat In contribution by a lol 17 zealot.

Ads
wonshot

Post#12 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:44 pm

OndeTv wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Oh, i have another one for you. Thunder mountain the other day. 5 star keep and 4 bos held:
https://i.imgur.com/ILvkQBk.png
https://i.imgur.com/HmFg6d3.png
Yet, the zone did not flip until forcefully done so by a GM.

So please tell us again that it is something that we are not doing right when we think mechanics are not working as they are supposed to.
I could be very wrong here, as I dont care for the zonelock mechanics while we have a half finished campaign. But in order to 5star lock you need 5stars ofc hold all BOs and then you need to be within some range of enemy realm not having too high AAO (I assume this is to prevent dominating force to ignore a siege where the underdogs could have a chance of defending, and stop 5star chain locks with no built in mechanic to give underdog a chance)

Now if this system was working yesterday or not, ill let the Team look into. I just didnt bother enough with the zone objective to go get a canon and hit the destro keep to stop their 5star built, if you wanted to build 5 stars and form mega blobs, be my guest.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

OndeTv

Post#13 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:32 pm

Celyt wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:35 pmThose of you who are complaining about the new system need to relax and take a look at the bigger picture[...]
The main point here is that the are bugs in the system, which is fine. But it would also be fine if players got a little benefit of the doubt regarding these bugs instead of constantly being told that they are doing something wrong. People who complain often don't do it because of evil intent, but rather in hope of issues being looked into and if applicable, fixed. Heck, i bet the percentage of the playerbase on this server who hasn't experienced forts or zone flips with no rewards at all is very small at this point. Yet, you don't see threads about them all the time. That being said, if there is some legitimacy to the player concerns and these systems are not getting corrected, then the server will lose players over time which benefits noone.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

Flavorburst

Post#14 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:04 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:34 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm This has turned into a mess in NA. Last 2 nights...2 forts (1 order and 1 destro) and no one could get the inner down due to high population on the defense. In the destro defense, it was so bad that order were literally zerging into the spawn because the heros couldn't even keep up with the numbers.

In another fort there was a win because the number of attackers was drastically higher than the defenders.

Also, there is something wrong with somebody's level 16 alt being able to win a bag, on a toon that may never be able to wear the gear, while many appropriately leveled players have had to buy the entire set. It doesn't make sense to include sub 40/40 people in the roll for a gear that they are no where near close to wearing.
If you're getting beat on contribution by a sub-40 character, you're still going to get beat on contribution by a 40+ player.
You can get all the contribution in the world and still roll a 4, dude.

Zaxxond

Post#15 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:19 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:04 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:34 pm
Tankbeardz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:31 pm This has turned into a mess in NA. Last 2 nights...2 forts (1 order and 1 destro) and no one could get the inner down due to high population on the defense. In the destro defense, it was so bad that order were literally zerging into the spawn because the heros couldn't even keep up with the numbers.

In another fort there was a win because the number of attackers was drastically higher than the defenders.

Also, there is something wrong with somebody's level 16 alt being able to win a bag, on a toon that may never be able to wear the gear, while many appropriately leveled players have had to buy the entire set. It doesn't make sense to include sub 40/40 people in the roll for a gear that they are no where near close to wearing.
If you're getting beat on contribution by a sub-40 character, you're still going to get beat on contribution by a 40+ player.
You can get all the contribution in the world and still roll a 4, dude.

Easy solution. Reverse the winning roll. Whomever rolls lowest gets the bags.

Also Flavorburst is super ugly in real life.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#16 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:23 pm

OndeTv wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:32 pm
Celyt wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:35 pmThose of you who are complaining about the new system need to relax and take a look at the bigger picture[...]
The main point here is that the are bugs in the system, which is fine. But it would also be fine if players got a little benefit of the doubt regarding these bugs instead of constantly being told that they are doing something wrong. People who complain often don't do it because of evil intent, but rather in hope of issues being looked into and if applicable, fixed. Heck, i bet the percentage of the playerbase on this server who hasn't experienced forts or zone flips with no rewards at all is very small at this point. Yet, you don't see threads about them all the time. That being said, if there is some legitimacy to the player concerns and these systems are not getting corrected, then the server will lose players over time which benefits noone.
Bug are there ofc and we work as best we can to fix the bugs. There are issues however and a direct example is fort rewards as its been reported multiple times where more then once its not a legitimate reason as the player did not reach the contribution needed to get rewards and others we dont know but each time we have tried to replicate the issue we cant, suggesting either there is an unknown variable or that the system works. If its an unknown variable I need more data from the players to track down why as if I cant replicate and I dont know what is wrong its like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Akalukz

Post#17 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:40 pm

Could there be a cap on those being rewarded? Like the old # of people allowed.
-= Agony =-

OndeTv

Post#18 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:43 pm

@Natherul

Now that is a much better answer: Acknowledging that there may be issues, but that it is a two way process to solve them as well as what you need to be able to investigate.

Maybe more open discussions on this forum would help tracking down these contribution issues rather than the bugtracker? (as there are currently 1626 open issues there about, well, everything).
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#19 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:44 pm

OndeTv wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:43 pm @Natherul

Now that is a much better answer: Acknowledging that there may be issues, but that it is a two way process to solve them as well as what you need to be able to investigate.

Maybe more open discussions on this forum would help tracking down these contribution issues rather than the bugtracker? (as there are currently 1626 open issues there about, well, everything).
No, if anything is going to get addressed its paramount that its filed under a good ticket in BT or we cant keep track of anything.

Discussing with people about it is fine ofc but never expect a dev to address an issue if no bugtracker ticket is made.

Twyxx

Post#20 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:46 pm

What's the specific rationale for allowing sub-40 players to get loot rolls?