Recent Topics

Ads

no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
drmordread
Suspended

Re: no fort limit + xrealming + 24 aoe cap = disaster

Post#41 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:16 am

I happen to like this new format. Just takes some thinking to create new strategies, something most players don't want to do. Every single fort attempt it is basically same strategies as the old system. Here's a clue, they don't work with new system.

1. Attackers.
(a) ; Every single fort I have been, attackers mass in front of one gate, two to three minutes before the gates go down for stage 2. HELLLOOOOO .... you are ringing the dinner bell, and telling defenders to come and feed.
Really? And then you have the nerve to complain you are getting farmed? If you are stupid enough to tell the defenders where you will be, dont be upset when you get farmed at a gate.

(b) : You only need THREE flags to take down inner door. Use your wb's wisely. This, mob and blob and ride in a circle does NOT WORK with new system. Change your tactics. Pick three flags, cap, and defend.
When defenders abandon other flags to mass up and take your three, THEN be mobile and move to new flags. JUST HOLD THREE, for a majority of time, and inner will come down.

There are more new strategies that can work here too, (I wont list them cause you buggers need to start thinking for yourselves).

2. Defenders
Again, defenders have easy mode. As stated, they are;
  • Closer to their spawn (for stage2).
  • Have only narrow gates to defend
Changes need to be made here. Not major, just some minor tweaks and twerks, shake the booty up a bit.

3. Xrealming
I do not have a problem with people playing both realms. It keeps the server playable. BUT ...

Right now defending at fort is so easy, I am starting to notice players leaving attacking side and logging in to defend, then coming back to attackers. I'll be honest, I even did it one time. (save the dirty xrealming comments. I will laugh at you and ignore them after that)

There NEEDS to be a penalty for quick realm changes like that. The lock out timers from live worked fine there in my opinion. If you flag for rvr your account is locked into that realm for 8 hrs. Period. You already have a system where if you get Quiter flagged, all toons on account are flagged for it. Just tweak it, twerk it, and maybe come out with a lockout timer for xrealming.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#42 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:08 am

drmordread wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:16 am I happen to like this new format. Just takes some thinking to create new strategies, something most players don't want to do. Every single fort attempt it is basically same strategies as the old system. Here's a clue, they don't work with new system.

1. Attackers.
(a) ; Every single fort I have been, attackers mass in front of one gate, two to three minutes before the gates go down for stage 2. HELLLOOOOO .... you are ringing the dinner bell, and telling defenders to come and feed.
Really? And then you have the nerve to complain you are getting farmed? If you are stupid enough to tell the defenders where you will be, dont be upset when you get farmed at a gate.

(b) : You only need THREE flags to take down inner door. Use your wb's wisely. This, mob and blob and ride in a circle does NOT WORK with new system. Change your tactics. Pick three flags, cap, and defend.
When defenders abandon other flags to mass up and take your three, THEN be mobile and move to new flags. JUST HOLD THREE, for a majority of time, and inner will come down.

There are more new strategies that can work here too, (I wont list them cause you buggers need to start thinking for yourselves).

2. Defenders
Again, defenders have easy mode. As stated, they are;
  • Closer to their spawn (for stage2).
  • Have only narrow gates to defend
Changes need to be made here. Not major, just some minor tweaks and twerks, shake the booty up a bit.

3. Xrealming
I do not have a problem with people playing both realms. It keeps the server playable. BUT ...

Right now defending at fort is so easy, I am starting to notice players leaving attacking side and logging in to defend, then coming back to attackers. I'll be honest, I even did it one time. (save the dirty xrealming comments. I will laugh at you and ignore them after that)

There NEEDS to be a penalty for quick realm changes like that. The lock out timers from live worked fine there in my opinion. If you flag for rvr your account is locked into that realm for 8 hrs. Period. You already have a system where if you get Quiter flagged, all toons on account are flagged for it. Just tweak it, twerk it, and maybe come out with a lockout timer for xrealming.

I absolutely agree with you, for half a year people are already accustomed to a certain style of behavior, namely
1. 10-15 we are smoking, waiting
2. we run like a zerg, killing everything.
3. we stand in front of the doors as rams leaning their horns at the gate, spam aoe, waiting for our meds.
Thinking and trying to create some new tactics is difficult and not comfortable, it’s much easier to ask to return the old sandbox, where everything was so simple and clear.

I also agree with the opponents that there is a problem with x realmers, and that for the defenders to win easier than the attackers (but this was earlier, wasn’t it?), and the respawn of the defenders is closer to the BOs, etc.
but let's take it in order
1. You can set a special buff for the defenders that upon death, the resurrection will not be immediately, but after 30-60 seconds, as sometimes happens in scenarios.
2. can be done so that the control of the bos by the defenders would not restore the health of the door.
BUT if the attackers cannot even complete the second stage and lose it, then what's the point? if the attackers lose to the defenders in an open field, then in the battle for the Lord’s room they will lose anyway.

as for x realmers, a hundred times it was discussed that timers and other same things will not work, simply because one person can have several accounts. but the contribution system can help here.
1. also take into account the contribution received in the previous zones of this direction.
2. give a reward only to the character who at the time of lock was in the game for more than 45 minutes from the moment the fort was started. this will exclude those "wise" men who are trying to get a contribution from two accounts on the same fort.
3. Do not give characters below the level of renown of the invader’s medals, but give medals to the set that this character has the ability to wear (for 40 x levels of conq, for 50 vanq).
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

drmordread
Suspended

Post#43 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:08 am as for x realmers, a hundred times it was discussed that timers and other same things will not work, simply because one person can have several accounts. but the contribution system can help here.
1. also take into account the contribution received in the previous zones of this direction.
2. give a reward only to the character who at the time of lock was in the game for more than 45 minutes from the moment the fort was started. this will exclude those "wise" men who are trying to get a contribution from two accounts on the same fort.
3. Do not give characters below the level of renown of the invader’s medals, but give medals to the set that this character has the ability to wear (for 40 x levels of conq, for 50 vanq).

See I always took that "2nd account" thing to be a cop out. Fine, they want to make a second account, no problem. Some will, yes, but most will not bother. Few people invest too much time into a 2nd realm. I know I do not. Yes I have desro toons that I created back when RoR first began. But most of them are still t3, some now are t4, and none higher than 50 something.

People used the same 2nd account excuse back on live, but when the lock out came, there was a marked drop in xrealming. I mean really, you really want to start that rr50 or rr60 toon all over again? What about your rr80? Very few players will do that. So a the second account argument is kind of a non factor. A cop out excuse.

Medals are fine. Low rr people break down the invaders anyway to get the armor they need. And this is a good thing, because it allows the people who do primarily SC's to get Lake Armor, (what you folk call RvR armor, but IMO, SC's are RvR too so I call it Lake Armor).

But yes, 90% of the complaints about fort right now all come down to, "I am too lazy to really play and think so I want E-Z Mode!"

Alfa1986

Post#44 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:30 pm

drmordread wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:19 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:08 am as for x realmers, a hundred times it was discussed that timers and other same things will not work, simply because one person can have several accounts. but the contribution system can help here.

See I always took that "2nd account" thing to be a cop out. Fine, they want to make a second account, no problem. Some will, yes, but most will not bother. Few people invest too much time into a 2nd realm. I know I do not. Yes I have desro toons that I created back when RoR first began. But most of them are still t3, some now are t4, and none higher than 50 something.

People used the same 2nd account excuse back on live, but when the lock out came, there was a marked drop in xrealming. I mean really, you really want to start that rr50 or rr60 toon all over again? What about your rr80? Very few players will do that. So a the second account argument is kind of a non factor. A cop out excuse.

Medals are fine. Low rr people break down the invaders anyway to get the armor they need. And this is a good thing, because it allows the people who do primarily SC's to get Lake Armor, (what you folk call RvR armor, but IMO, SC's are RvR too so I call it Lake Armor).

But yes, 90% of the complaints about fort right now all come down to, "I am too lazy to really play and think so I want E-Z Mode!"

I think, first of all, the goal of x realmers is not to get a renown, but to grind an invader's set, and then it doesnt matter what level the character has. Plus, some of them can farm not for themselves, but for sale, and we have recently observed such cases, unfortunately.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#45 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:47 am

This is something new. For sale?

zgolec

Post#46 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:06 am

Lol? For sale? how the **** you wanna sell invader :?: :?: :?:
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

wonshot

Post#47 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:07 am

I should get in on that, I can provide pretty nice contribution in stage3 lol
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Alfa1986

Post#48 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:07 am

zgolec wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:06 am Lol? For sale? how the **** you wanna sell invader :?: :?: :?:
drmordread wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:47 am This is something new. For sale?
is it really a secret for you that some people sell accounts and even recently some of them were banned?

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#49 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:43 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:07 am
zgolec wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:06 am Lol? For sale? how the **** you wanna sell invader :?: :?: :?:
is it really a secret for you that some people sell accounts and even recently some of them were banned?
I thought he meant selling inv gear. Which is impossible to do.

If people are selling accounts, they are in the minority. Again, a lockout timer, is something that would for the mainstream player work in keeping xrealming down. You will never get rid of it completely, but that is no excuse to not implement something that would cut it down.

zgolec

Post#50 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:20 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:07 am
Selling accounts = ban. No one will try this. GMs pretty fast see ip changes and **** so they can find this out pretty quick :D
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.