drmordread wrote: ↑
Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:16 am
I happen to like this new format. Just takes some thinking to create new strategies, something most players don't want to do. Every single fort attempt it is basically same strategies as the old system. Here's a clue, they don't work with new system.
(a) ; Every single fort I have been, attackers mass in front of one gate, two to three minutes before the gates go down for stage 2. HELLLOOOOO .... you are ringing the dinner bell, and telling defenders to come and feed.
Really? And then you have the nerve to complain you are getting farmed? If you are stupid enough to tell the defenders where you will be, dont be upset when you get farmed at a gate.
(b) : You only need THREE flags to take down inner door. Use your wb's wisely. This, mob and blob and ride in a circle does NOT WORK with new system. Change your tactics. Pick three flags, cap, and defend.
When defenders abandon other flags to mass up and take your three, THEN be mobile and move to new flags. JUST HOLD THREE, for a majority of time, and inner will come down.
There are more new strategies that can work here too, (I wont list them cause you buggers need to start thinking for yourselves).
Again, defenders have easy mode. As stated, they are;
- Closer to their spawn (for stage2).
- Have only narrow gates to defend
Changes need to be made here. Not major, just some minor tweaks and twerks, shake the booty up a bit.
I do not have a problem with people playing both realms. It keeps the server playable. BUT ...
Right now defending at fort is so easy, I am starting to notice players leaving attacking side and logging in to defend, then coming back to attackers. I'll be honest, I even did it one time. (save the dirty xrealming comments. I will laugh at you and ignore them after that)
There NEEDS to be a penalty for quick realm changes like that. The lock out timers from live worked fine there in my opinion. If you flag for rvr your account is locked into that realm for 8 hrs. Period. You already have a system where if you get Quiter flagged, all toons on account are flagged for it. Just tweak it, twerk it, and maybe come out with a lockout timer for xrealming.
I absolutely agree with you, for half a year people are already accustomed to a certain style of behavior, namely
1. 10-15 we are smoking, waiting
2. we run like a zerg, killing everything.
3. we stand in front of the doors as rams leaning their horns at the gate, spam aoe, waiting for our meds.
Thinking and trying to create some new tactics is difficult and not comfortable, it’s much easier to ask to return the old sandbox, where everything was so simple and clear.
I also agree with the opponents that there is a problem with x realmers, and that for the defenders to win easier than the attackers (but this was earlier, wasn’t it?), and the respawn of the defenders is closer to the BOs, etc.
but let's take it in order
1. You can set a special buff for the defenders that upon death, the resurrection will not be immediately, but after 30-60 seconds, as sometimes happens in scenarios.
2. can be done so that the control of the bos by the defenders would not restore the health of the door.
BUT if the attackers cannot even complete the second stage and lose it, then what's the point? if the attackers lose to the defenders in an open field, then in the battle for the Lord’s room they will lose anyway.
as for x realmers, a hundred times it was discussed that timers and other same things will not work, simply because one person can have several accounts. but the contribution system can help here.
1. also take into account the contribution received in the previous zones of this direction.
2. give a reward only to the character who at the time of lock was in the game for more than 45 minutes from the moment the fort was started. this will exclude those "wise" men who are trying to get a contribution from two accounts on the same fort.
3. Do not give characters below the level of renown of the invader’s medals, but give medals to the set that this character has the ability to wear (for 40 x levels of conq, for 50 vanq).