Logrin's Forge feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
adapter
Posts: 70

Logrin's Forge feedback

Post#1 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:52 am

Hello there.

I recently played Logrin's Forge rework for the first time and it was quite amusing. It does fullfill the goal of stopping players from AFKing on the BOs, in that aspect it certainly is an improvement to the Scenario itself, it is way more active than before, more joyful to play on it as well.

My feedback and critic about the Rework, is that the Explosion killed me and other players a lot, which in itself is a fun thing, but I feel it's too much, so my suggestion is to reduce the Radius of Explosion and maybe make it so that the only BO that explodes is the one in the middle. The Rework is really good, i think it just need some tweaking.

What do you think as players? that have been experiencing this new change.
Cya.!
Last edited by adapter on Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 5529
Contact:

Re: Logrin's Forge feedback

Post#2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:58 am

adapter wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:52 am
Hello there.

I recently played Logrin's Forge rework for the first time and it was quite amusing. It does fullfill the goal of stopping players from AFKing on the BOs, in that aspect it certainly is an improvement to the Scenario itself, it is way more active than before, more joyful to play on it as well.

My feedback and critic about the Rework, is that the Explosion killed me and other players a lot, which in itself is a fun thing, but I feel it's too much, so my suggestion is to reduce the Radius of Explosion and maybe make it so that the only BO that explodes is the one in the middle. The Rework is really good, i think it just need some tweaking.

Cya.!
I'm pretty sure we can't adjust the size of the visual effect with our current tools even if we did reduce the damage radius, but the intent is to catch anyone in the side tunnels anyway.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

User avatar
svonludwig
Posts: 6

Re: Logrin's Forge feedback

Post#3 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:59 am

I personally like it. Its about moving fast and takes out the need having a good class balance. More about speed and using your skills efficiently than suffering through a tank or healer grind

User avatar
adapter
Posts: 70

Re: Logrin's Forge feedback

Post#4 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:07 am

wargrimnir wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:58 am
adapter wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:52 am
Hello there.

I recently played Logrin's Forge rework for the first time and it was quite amusing. It does fullfill the goal of stopping players from AFKing on the BOs, in that aspect it certainly is an improvement to the Scenario itself, it is way more active than before, more joyful to play on it as well.

My feedback and critic about the Rework, is that the Explosion killed me and other players a lot, which in itself is a fun thing, but I feel it's too much, so my suggestion is to reduce the Radius of Explosion and maybe make it so that the only BO that explodes is the one in the middle. The Rework is really good, i think it just need some tweaking.

Cya.!
I'm pretty sure we can't adjust the size of the visual effect with our current tools even if we did reduce the damage radius, but the intent is to catch anyone in the side tunnels anyway.
So in that regard, is it possible to reduce the damage radius? If that is one of the possible options, I would be happy with that.
Thanks for answering!.

User avatar
Alfa1986
Posts: 285

Re: Logrin's Forge feedback

Post#5 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:40 am

I played a couple of new scenarios. perhaps it would be better if the explosion occurred when your three bos belong to one side, otherwise everything happens somehow unexpectedly and quickly, and everyone dies, even that team that is clearly stronger.

Also it would be better if the explosion did not reach the center in the tunnels.

User avatar
Ghostweed
Posts: 170

Re: Logrin's Forge feedback

Post#6 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:32 am

Its quite chaotic and so quick. Order can just deny the middle with napalm ( or how u call that fire puddle with long durnation) - they stand inside and activate the middle almost from the stairs. I would really like to see friendly fire on these AOE spells, as 2 engies with BW can deny it and farm it 24/7/365. Never seen a scenario to end that quickly. One does not even have a time to run from spawn to middle to prevent explosion cycle.
Gorrgfang da Shaman & Gokrok da Black Orc

User avatar
Hargrim
Developer
Posts: 2455

Re: Logrin's Forge feedback

Post#7 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:38 am

Ghostweed wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:32 am
Its quite chaotic and so quick. Order can just deny the middle with napalm ( or how u call that fire puddle with long durnation) - they stand inside and activate the middle almost from the stairs. I would really like to see friendly fire on these AOE spells, as 2 engies with BW can deny it and farm it 24/7/365. Never seen a scenario to end that quickly. One does not even have a time to run from spawn to middle to prevent explosion cycle.

How quick is fast and quick?

Being able to deny an objective by AoE spell is possible on other similar maps and for destro too.
Image

User avatar
Hargrim
Developer
Posts: 2455

Re: Logrin's Forge feedback

Post#8 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:39 am

Alfa1986 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:40 am
I played a couple of new scenarios. perhaps it would be better if the explosion occurred when your three bos belong to one side, otherwise everything happens somehow unexpectedly and quickly, and everyone dies, even that team that is clearly stronger.

Also it would be better if the explosion did not reach the center in the tunnels.

How are the explosions unexpected when there is an announcement?

I'm not sure how you expect all 3 BOs to be capped.
Image

Ads
User avatar
Hargrim
Developer
Posts: 2455

Re: Logrin's Forge feedback

Post#9 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:41 am

adapter wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:52 am
My feedback and critic about the Rework, is that the Explosion killed me and other players a lot, which in itself is a fun thing, but I feel it's too much, so my suggestion is to reduce the Radius of Explosion and maybe make it so that the only BO that explodes is the one in the middle. The Rework is really good, i think it just need some tweaking.

Why do you die to the explosion if it's announced?
Image

User avatar
Lithenir
Posts: 33

Re: Logrin's Forge feedback

Post#10 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:36 am

Hargrim wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:39 am
Alfa1986 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:40 am
I played a couple of new scenarios. perhaps it would be better if the explosion occurred when your three bos belong to one side, otherwise everything happens somehow unexpectedly and quickly, and everyone dies, even that team that is clearly stronger.

Also it would be better if the explosion did not reach the center in the tunnels.

How are the explosions unexpected when there is an announcement?

I'm not sure how you expect all 3 BOs to be capped.
It's quite easy to cap all BOs. You just have to be a premade and win the first fight. We have been in the new LF a few times and it was almost always the same.
We won the first on the middle BO and capped one or two. Then you just have to split up, one person at each BO with the hope of some random backup and you coordinate the cap. This way you always cap at least two mostly all three.
This new LF just needs a bit of coordination. I know why it's hard for most people, because you actually have to use your brain to win it and not die from explosion.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests