Recent Topics

Ads

Logrin's Forge feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
NSKaneda

Re: Logrin's Forge feedback

Post#21 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:06 pm

Hargrim wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:24 am Changes that will be implemented after next patch:

1) Lock happen after 30 seconds instead of 15 seconds
2) Explosion happen 5 seconds after lock instead of 1 second (time to run away)
3) However, capping mid as first flag for your realm will still explode it after 15 seconds and 1 second lock.
4) Speed buff duration is reduced to 10s and will also applied on lock of outer BOs (but not the middle one).
Sounds good, might give an actual fighting chance and one might be finally able to run thru middle corridors and cap. Can't wait to test it out :)

One question though:
the way I understand the changes is that every time group starts on mid BO all will go boom after 16 seconds (15+1). That means that retaking any BO must happen in that 16 seconds interval BUT if a team takes or re-takes a side BO the timer will be set on 35 seconds. What's the incentive to hold anything but middle BO + ninja unguarded side (AKA current logrin meta)?
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
adamska2

Post#22 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:25 pm

This New Version of this Sc is Horrible to Many Explosion

You Just never Fight You, you take more time to try to dodge the Explosion than Fight .
I prefer by far the Old one .

The Explosion are just to Much 3 BO is enough .

Just remove the Explosion and its fine, But actualy you just dont play its really casual and funny the 2 first sc.
Actualy he is perma Ban for me
Azeyune

Hargrim
Developer

Post#23 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:45 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:06 pm One question though:
the way I understand the changes is that every time group starts on mid BO all will go boom after 16 seconds (15+1). That means that retaking any BO must happen in that 16 seconds interval BUT if a team takes or re-takes a side BO the timer will be set on 35 seconds. What's the incentive to hold anything but middle BO + ninja unguarded side (AKA current logrin meta)?

The incentive is that exploding on the middle doesn't give any points. I guess solo capping mid timers could be reduced.

wachlarz

Post#24 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:15 pm

For me, this sc should have more ppl now. But new changes are fine. GJ

Celyt

Post#25 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:33 pm

My suggestion for Logrins forge is to make it a cap BO scenario. The whole blowing up 15 seconds after you cap and needing more than one is a bad idea due to it causing a lack of engagement between the 2 teams. Logrins forge as it is currently is just a bo capping pve fest. And it should be a fight for control of the 3 bos.

Also, if a dev is reading this would you please considering applying the renown per kills to all scenarios like what khaines embrace is like that would make scs more desirable. Thanks
Last edited by Celyt on Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#26 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:17 pm

Idea is sound but need a little tweaking i dont think the bomb radiius is too large however the delay is far too short you almost die everytime going for the middle as it overtakes. A slightly longer delay would make it more viable but not too long to make it super easy to win.

Zamoth

Post#27 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:40 pm

The reworked Logrins Forge to me is nothing than a PvE Flagfestival. Players should be encouraged to fight each other, rather to cap yet another flag/bo. Atm all you do in LF is tapping and running away not to get your Butt roasted.
I personally would love to see a Scenario without Flags or Objectives at all. Something like a deathmatch.... a man can still dream.... :-)
Deadwing 85
Zamoth 80
Verthexxa 84

Hargrim
Developer

Post#28 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Celyt wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:33 pm My suggestion for Logrins forge is to make it a cap BO scenario. The whole blowing up 15 seconds after you cap and needing more than one is a bad idea due to it causing a lack of engagement between the 2 teams. Logrins forge as it is currently is just a bo capping pve fest. And it should be a fight for control of the 3 bos.

You have like 2 other SCs with such mechanics, go play those.

Ads
Celyt

Post#29 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:11 pm

Hargrim wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:55 pm
Celyt wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:33 pm My suggestion for Logrins forge is to make it a cap BO scenario. The whole blowing up 15 seconds after you cap and needing more than one is a bad idea due to it causing a lack of engagement between the 2 teams. Logrins forge as it is currently is just a bo capping pve fest. And it should be a fight for control of the 3 bos.
You have like 2 other SCs with such mechanics, go play those.
You also have an sc that blows up upon the flags being capped. Let's agree that Logrins isn't an sc meant for having said mechanics as it's a brawl oriented map.

anarchypark

Post#30 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:23 pm

Celyt wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:11 pm You also have an sc that blows up upon the flags being capped. Let's agree that Logrins isn't an sc meant for having said mechanics as it's a brawl oriented map.
brawl oriented?
ppl stay and wait at 1 objective.
you have to go mid in new design.
fight for the capture.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)