L38-39 scenario annoyance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
zachary
Posts: 45

L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#1 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:14 pm

So it's not a huge deal but it's definitely annoying:

I decided to play a scenario on my L39 sorc; I got in and found... I couldn't mount up. What? It seems I had been debolstered to 37, so was unable to mount my L38 mount.

Can I suggest either change the bolster to L38 or change the mount level for 100gp mounts to L37? Otherwise I end up having to dig up or buy another L16 mount, rearrange my button bar, etc etc.

Like I said, not a huge deal, but also some fairly obvious and easy fixes.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

Ads
User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 5532
Contact:

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#2 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:53 pm

I suspect it's not an accident that you have to use the same 50% mounts that a level 16 player would
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

User avatar
zachary
Posts: 45

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#3 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:42 pm

Because mount speed in a scenario makes such a big difference? Uh, okay, if you say so.

If that's the issue, how about raising the level requirement for the current L38 horse to L40 ? Or make T4 scens be for L38-40 ?

I'm just pointing out the annoyance of having things out of sync, and voting that they get sync'd up one way or another.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

User avatar
OndeTv
Posts: 81

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#4 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:29 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:53 pm
I suspect it's not an accident that you have to use the same 50% mounts that a level 16 player would
Cmon man.. Some people don't even save their old mounts. Are you suggesting that carrying several mounts should be the norm just in case a player happens to be in this specific bracket and wants to play scenarios? And if they refuse to rebuy a downgrade they shouldn't need in the first place, they have to run in this niche case?

That doesn't make any sense.

Edit:
Heck, lets force people to use lvl 16 mounts in t2 and t3 oRvR too then. Because why should you - even though you earned it - be able to ride faster than a fresh lvl 16?

The logic collapsed somewhere, and i am sure you see it.
Last edited by OndeTv on Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 5532
Contact:

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#5 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:39 pm

OndeTv wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:29 pm
wargrimnir wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:53 pm
I suspect it's not an accident that you have to use the same 50% mounts that a level 16 player would
Cmon man.. Some people don't even save their old mounts. Are you suggesting that carrying several mounts should be the norm just in case a player happens to be in this specific bracket and wants to play scenarios? And if they refuse to rebuy a downgrade they shouldn't need in the first place, they have to run in this niche case?

That doesn't make any sense.

Edit:
Heck, lets force people to use lvl 16 mounts in t2 and t3 oRvR too then. Because why should you - even though you earned it - be able to ride faster than a fresh lvl 16?

The logic collapsed somewhere, and i am sure you see it.
The easiest fix for this is to make guild mounts R40 so there's no confusion or annoyance I suppose.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

User avatar
Wiede
Posts: 156

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#6 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Or we could just not make it that big of a deal?

wtf

Silverbow100
Posts: 31

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#7 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:07 pm

The scenario update that they have made was meant to make the scenarios and even playing field for people within their brackets having somebody with a higher movement speed mount is not a fair advantage to have versus somebody who is level 16 honest law mount it honestly makes sense.

User avatar
zachary
Posts: 45

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#8 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:17 pm

Silverbow100 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:07 pm
The scenario update that they have made was meant to make the scenarios and even playing field for people within their brackets having somebody with a higher movement speed mount is not a fair advantage to have versus somebody who is level 16 honest law mount it honestly makes sense.
If that's the issue, how about raising the level requirement for the current L38 horse to L40 ? Or make T4 scens be for L38-40 ?

I'm just pointing out the annoyance of having things out of sync, and voting that they get sync'd up one way or another.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

Ads
User avatar
OndeTv
Posts: 81

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#9 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:39 am

Silverbow100 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:07 pm
[...]having somebody with a higher movement speed mount is not a fair advantage to have[...]
By that logic, skills should be enabled/disabled to fit a fixed level cap for all the participants as well, yet this isn't the case.

Can't we just be reasonable here and admit that bolstering to a fixed lvl 37 has an unintended sideeffect with lvl 38 mounts that ought to be fixed? Several solutions to this has already been proposed.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

User avatar
zgolec
Posts: 473

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#10 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:52 am

zachary wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:42 pm
Because mount speed in a scenario makes such a big difference? Uh, okay, if you say so.

If that's the issue, how about raising the level requirement for the current L38 horse to L40 ? Or make T4 scens be for L38-40 ?

I'm just pointing out the annoyance of having things out of sync, and voting that they get sync'd up one way or another.
Yea. It is. In some scenarios if you get on BO first you basically have win [nordland fort flag - cap it, hold it. win.]

So yea i can tell this "all use 50% has sense.

If you dont like it so much - spent 20 minutes of your time and grind to 40 so annoyance of slower mount and lower lvl scenarios wil not apply to you :P

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests