Recent Topics

Ads

L38-39 scenario annoyance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
zachary
Posts: 47

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#11 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:59 pm

zgolec wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:52 am
zachary wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:42 pm
Because mount speed in a scenario makes such a big difference? Uh, okay, if you say so.

If that's the issue, how about raising the level requirement for the current L38 horse to L40 ? Or make T4 scens be for L38-40 ?

I'm just pointing out the annoyance of having things out of sync, and voting that they get sync'd up one way or another.
Yea. It is. In some scenarios if you get on BO first you basically have win [nordland fort flag - cap it, hold it. win.]

So yea i can tell this "all use 50% has sense.

If you dont like it so much - spent 20 minutes of your time and grind to 40 so annoyance of slower mount and lower lvl scenarios wil not apply to you :P
If that's the issue, how about raising the level requirement for the current L38 horse to L40 ? Or make T4 scens be for L38-40 ?

I'm just pointing out the annoyance of having things out of sync, and voting that they get sync'd up one way or another.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

Ads
User avatar
OndeTv
Posts: 81

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#12 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:31 pm

So, not only is the bolstering not working correctly at the moment. Oh, and the original issue in the first post is not properly "not working" (just used lvl 38 mount in serpents passage). But apparently, now you can also gain nothing for winning a scenario, and gain winning rewards for losing.

Observe:
Image

Yep, thats right. 0 xp and 40 renown for healing my a** off and also doing damage, killing and winning.
But mr Ironbreakin the runepriest however, gained 13k xp and 2.4k renown for losing.
Oh, and the quest wasn't working either.

Working as intented i guess.

Edit: I also posted this on the bugtracker just now...
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

Suncrusher
Posts: 13

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#13 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:59 pm

OndeTv wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:31 pm
So, not only is the bolstering not working correctly at the moment. Oh, and the original issue in the first post is not properly "not working" (just used lvl 38 mount in serpents passage). But apparently, now you can also gain nothing for winning a scenario, and gain winning rewards for losing.

Observe:
Image

Yep, thats right. 0 xp and 40 renown for healing my a** off and also doing damage, killing and winning.
But mr Ironbreakin the runepriest however, gained 13k xp and 2.4k renown for losing.
Oh, and the quest wasn't working either.

Working as intented i guess.

Edit: I also posted this on the bugtracker just now...
Jesus is bolster STILL not fixed? Its been like this for days... I get the devs arent getting paid but what the hell are they doing? Im getting the gist that they simply dont care anymore, what a waste of time this is becoming.

User avatar
zgolec
Posts: 473

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#14 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:27 am

zachary wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:59 pm
zgolec wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:52 am
zachary wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:42 pm
Because mount speed in a scenario makes such a big difference? Uh, okay, if you say so.

If that's the issue, how about raising the level requirement for the current L38 horse to L40 ? Or make T4 scens be for L38-40 ?

I'm just pointing out the annoyance of having things out of sync, and voting that they get sync'd up one way or another.
Yea. It is. In some scenarios if you get on BO first you basically have win [nordland fort flag - cap it, hold it. win.]

So yea i can tell this "all use 50% has sense.

If you dont like it so much - spent 20 minutes of your time and grind to 40 so annoyance of slower mount and lower lvl scenarios wil not apply to you :P
If that's the issue, how about raising the level requirement for the current L38 horse to L40 ? Or make T4 scens be for L38-40 ?

I'm just pointing out the annoyance of having things out of sync, and voting that they get sync'd up one way or another.
it was deliberate change to make 40 vs 40 scs.

the gap betwen lowbies with bolster and geared ppl was huuuuge and many scs was one side beating. so no. that revert to lowies vs 40s not gonna happen.

User avatar
TiberiusD
Posts: 236

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#15 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:31 am

Since you can use your mule from CR2 to CR15 and your 2nd mount from CR16 to CR38 (i think) when you get the last one, why not doing like this?
Tier 1 - mount from CR2 - CR15 and 99.9%
Tier 2-3 - mount from CR16 - CR39 and 99.9%
Tier 4 - mount from 40.

User avatar
Natherul
Lead Developer
Posts: 3055
Contact:

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#16 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:55 am

Suncrusher wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:59 pm
OndeTv wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:31 pm
So, not only is the bolstering not working correctly at the moment. Oh, and the original issue in the first post is not properly "not working" (just used lvl 38 mount in serpents passage). But apparently, now you can also gain nothing for winning a scenario, and gain winning rewards for losing.

Observe:
Image

Yep, thats right. 0 xp and 40 renown for healing my a** off and also doing damage, killing and winning.
But mr Ironbreakin the runepriest however, gained 13k xp and 2.4k renown for losing.
Oh, and the quest wasn't working either.

Working as intented i guess.

Edit: I also posted this on the bugtracker just now...
Jesus is bolster STILL not fixed? Its been like this for days... I get the devs arent getting paid but what the hell are they doing? Im getting the gist that they simply dont care anymore, what a waste of time this is becoming.
If you knew about it prior I guess you should have made https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/15138 days ago then. It was reported yesterday and a fix is pending and Saturdays are the normal patch days
Lead dev does not mean I´m the best coder around, it just means I have taken on a management role for the devs.
Join the Unofficial IRC
Or the Official Discord
Idrinth´s addon database and client

Razumikin
Posts: 10

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#17 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:11 am

So, having a 10% faster mount is not fair but having 2+ tactic slots is totally fine?

Logic.

User avatar
OndeTv
Posts: 81

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#18 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:22 am

Natherul wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:55 am
If you knew about it prior I guess you should have made https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/15138 days ago then. It was reported yesterday and a fix is pending and Saturdays are the normal patch days
Thats only the bolstering Nath. It has been known for several days by everyone on the server, perhaps with the exception of the staff... An issue which many would see as gamebreaking since both T1 and T2-4 rely on it to function properly...

Then there is T2-T3 scenarios. An issue which i, reluctantly, also posted on the bugtracker since that is also gamebreaking: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/15139

And finally this thread is originally about lvl 38s and lvl 39s debolstering to 37 in scenarios (because bolstering worked when the original poster created the thread tuesday, 12th of november, and could therefore not use his mount.

I understand the need for a bugtracker - any kind of bugtracker - in a development process. I spent 10-15 years of my life in IT, mainly making frontend web but also with backend applications on the side (html, css, javascript, php, asp, c# and several other languages). I am aware of the process. I am also aware you all do this completely for free and out of love of the game. That being said, in my previous line of work i have never encountered a case where a project has not skipped formalities when things have been breaking in major ways.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

Ads
User avatar
Natherul
Lead Developer
Posts: 3055
Contact:

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#19 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:43 am

OndeTv wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:22 am
Natherul wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:55 am
If you knew about it prior I guess you should have made https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/15138 days ago then. It was reported yesterday and a fix is pending and Saturdays are the normal patch days
Thats only the bolstering Nath. It has been known for several days by everyone on the server, perhaps with the exception of the staff... An issue which many would see as gamebreaking since both T1 and T2-4 rely on it to function properly...

Then there is T2-T3 scenarios. An issue which i, reluctantly, also posted on the bugtracker since that is also gamebreaking: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/15139

And finally this thread is originally about lvl 38s and lvl 39s debolstering to 37 in scenarios (because bolstering worked when the original poster created the thread tuesday, 12th of november, and could therefore not use his mount.

I understand the need for a bugtracker - any kind of bugtracker - in a development process. I spent 10-15 years of my life in IT, mainly making frontend web but also with backend applications on the side (html, css, javascript, php, asp, c# and several other languages). I am aware of the process. I am also aware you all do this completely for free and out of love of the game. That being said, in my previous line of work i have never encountered a case where a project has not skipped formalities when things have been breaking in major ways.
we do at some point however note that what is game breaking and exploitation is very subjective. Also note that the formalities are there for numerous reasons. One of the biggest one is that we cannot keep track of issues if not reported there. Nor do we want to encourage people to start /tell devs ingame with issues to bypass tracker. Also note that if a dev is playing, its possible that he/she dont have the energy to actually look into a case then and there and that would mean that it gets lost.

Also the formalities dont add much time on either end. Look at the time it took to issue a fix from the point of ticket arriving on broken bolster as an example.
Lead dev does not mean I´m the best coder around, it just means I have taken on a management role for the devs.
Join the Unofficial IRC
Or the Official Discord
Idrinth´s addon database and client

User avatar
OndeTv
Posts: 81

Re: L38-39 scenario annoyance

Post#20 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:57 am

Ofcourse. Most things are subjective, we can easily agree on that. And we can also easily agree that the staff are as much entitled (if not more) to relax and have fun both in and outside of the game. The community has large respect for the work the staff is doing, even if it does not always agree with the decisions made and/or is very vocal about it.

All i am saying is that sometimes, maybe some issues are large enough to warrant attention without a bugtracker issue being filed first. I am not saying it shouldn't be filed. I am merely proposing that awareness could exist prior to that.

Otherwise, the next step up in "bureaucracy" would be having to file bugtracker issues when the server starts lagging or crashes.

(that last line is ofcourse sarcasm, but i am sure you get the gist of what i am saying)
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests