Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion] Gear, Career Rank, Renown Rank and Tiers

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
TiberiusD

[Suggestion] Gear, Career Rank, Renown Rank and Tiers

Post#1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:30 am

Hello!

Some time passed till changes in RvR, Forts, Tiers, Gear, Career Ranks and and Renown Ranks.
After i saw what happened after changes, i was thinking: why not to try to implement something like the following? A lot of people are simply rushing to invader bypassing the other sets and therefore skipping progression, which for an MMO in my opinion is kinda bad.

Here are my suggestions:

Tier 1 - career ranks 1-10
Tier 2 - career ranks 11-20
Tier 3 - career ranks 21-30
Tier 4 - career ranks 31-40
Forts - Career rank 40+

RvR Gear sets.

Decimator - Career ranks 1-10 / Renown Ranks 1-10
Obliterator - Career ranks 11-20 / Renown Ranks 11-20
Devastator - Career ranks 21-30 / Renown Ranks 21-30
Annihilator - Career ranks 31-40 / Renown Ranks 31-40
Conqueror - Career rank 40 / Renown Rank 41-50
Invader - Career rank 40 / Renown Rank 51-60
Warlord - Career rank 40 / Renown Rank 61-70
Sovereign - Career rank 40 / Renown Rank 71-80

I wrote the RvR-only sets and those which were back on live, without Doomflayer and Warpforged because if i remeber correctly were game-breaking sets.

If one character is one of the bracket listed above, to not get higher currency than he can use. The currency should be like this:

Recruit Medallion - Career ranks 1- 10 / Renown ranks 1-10
Scout Medallion - Career ranks 11-20 / Renown Ranks 11-20
Soldier Medallion - Career ranks 21-30 / Renown ranks 21- 30
Officer Medallion - Career rank 31-40 / Renown Rank 31-40
Conqueror Medallion - Career rank 40 / Renown Rank 41-50
Inader Medallion - career rank 40 / Renown Rank 51-60.

Also some restriction to forts will be suitable alao because we all saw what happend whith rolls and with people which were not able to get stuff, even tho they had the required ranks to equip the items.
Getting inside forts based on your career rank and renown rank, in this case career rank 40 / renown rank 51+ will make forts smoother, will remove clusters and there will be less complaining.
Fort gear should be end-game gear now and you should "work hard" to get it. I saw a lot of lowbies in Obliterator set getting in and winning invader currency. Some of them are keeping it and they simply skip the other sets, jumping from a T1-T2 set to end-game without progressing properly, like many of us did back in the day.
Not to mention the fact that they cannot do anything in forts, just simply leeching and waiting for the reward.
Putting a career rank / renown rank restriction will solve some problems in my opinion.

Or

There is another method which my help. Instead of rewarding them with invader, why not rewarding them with the desingated curency based on their career rank / renown rank. Exactly like in keeps. This method will help people get their current career / renown rank gear and be similiar to their enemies. Not to mention the fact that having something similar to this will bring more people back bacause they will see forts "cleaner" than they are now.

This is my suggestion. I am not telling you to agree with it. We can discuss based on it.

If you want, i can do something similar with the other sets also. But first, to discuss about RvR because this is the main focus of most RoR players.

I am happy to see some answer to this and i would love to discuss about it.

Thank you,
Tibdum

Ads
GoreFist

Re: [Suggestion] Gear, Career Rank, Renown Rank and Tiers

Post#2 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:56 am

Quick response sorry need to make a meeting but I do agree with what you have mentioned about everyone skipping content and its bad this re arrangement looks great and structured well.... even though the common thing will pop up about population.... one thing i would like to throw in is that each set should be completed half way through their tier.... IE Decimator - Career ranks 1-10 / Renown Ranks 1-10 So you would have full set at RR 5 and run around and feel powerful for a bit in your tier and enjoy what you have accomplished instead of immediately getting your full set and being sent to next tier....later on I think this will help completing later sets and creating a bit smaller commitment to one character having to get all the way to 80 RR to complete Sov and finally enjoy their character in end game..... havent done the math but fully decked in Sov maybe at 60-70? dunno like i said quick post gotta run just my 2 cents.....
Always had you on farm :lol:
Infidelous/WH RR7x
Lordcorruptous/Chosen RR6x
Dadakaboy/Choppa RR5x
Drsicko/Slayer RR5x
Whiplash/Mara RR5x
Freedumb/Kotbs RR5x
Whiteclaw/WL RR5x

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:09 am

These restrictions already exist; you cannot convert down medallions without being a specific renown rank, and the gear itself has RR requirements on it.

What are you exactly proposing? If you're capable of completing the content, you should be able to be rewarded for it.
Also Invader can only be obtained by doing Forts. There are no plans to change that system.

The whole purpose of the Doomsday merging (T2-T4 being merged) was so that players could always play the game.

We simply don't have the population for re-implementing the un-merged tiers, and likely will never.

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:17 am

Having access to higher tier currency makes it easier to convert down and buy lower tier gear faster

Renown ranks already artificially gatekeep players from equipping gear and hindering progressing, there is no need to force players to get certain sets especially if said set is not good

Forts arnt endgame capitals are, they are just the current end game on this server due to the current state of rebuilt content

Lastly you completely forgot about vanquisher set

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:28 am

as secrets pointed otu doomsday merged teirs because they were totally dead. We are not undoing that merge as it will only make zones dead again as well as possibly quicken campaign.

dalen
Developer

Post#6 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:51 am

Definitely prefer the merged campaign.

But about the concern of getting invader when you are level 16 and just skipping the sets between:

Keep bags and zone locks gives different rewards depending on your RR. Can't forts do that as well? So if you are RR50+ you get invader, 40-50 give vanquisher, 30-40 give Conq, etc. So like keeps, but one tier up basically.
Source Developer

Alfa1986

Post#7 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:47 am

Already now, if you get conq meds or vanq, you still cannot use them until you get at level 40. also rr level grows much faster than usual lvl, and when you reach 40 lv you can calmly put on the conq set, and even the vanq (but you are unlikely to have collected so much meds by that time to buy a full vanq set ). so miss some rvr set just it is impossible.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

OndeTv

Post#8 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:36 pm

I'll post a few of my thoughts on this suggestion:

TiberiusD wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:30 am[...]
Decimator - Career ranks 1-10 / Renown Ranks 1-10
Obliterator - Career ranks 11-20 / Renown Ranks 11-20
Devastator - Career ranks 21-30 / Renown Ranks 21-30
Annihilator - Career ranks 31-40 / Renown Ranks 31-40
Conqueror - Career rank 40 / Renown Rank 41-50
Invader - Career rank 40 / Renown Rank 51-60
Warlord - Career rank 40 / Renown Rank 61-70
Sovereign - Career rank 40 / Renown Rank 71-80[...]
This would allow equipping sets even earlier than you can currently do in the game, the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve. As an example, annihilator is renown rank 35 if i remember correctly, and invader pieces need renown ranks 61, 62 and 63.

TiberiusD wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:30 am[...]
Not to mention the fact that they cannot do anything in forts, just simply leeching and waiting for the reward.
[...]
You seem to be under the misconception that low ranks (16-39) are useless in RvR. It is true that they do not have all their class abilities yet. However, the bolster system more than plenty make up for this. A decently geared low level player (for their battle rank) has lots of class potential due to the bolster buff. I would even go as far as to say sometimes they even have too much potential, rivaling people in "endgame gear". If they have even the slightest grasp on how to play their class, they are very useful in RvR regardless if it is a fort or not. Most low level inadequacies are down to lacking knowledge of a character rather than the characters themselves.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

Ads
Brackso

Post#9 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:37 pm

The low Tier gears should be 30-40% cheaper (and maybe up the stats?) I think. Its nuts how much Scenarios you must farm just to get a gear set that is some what decent like the Conqueror Emblem gear.

I play alot of RoR these days (8-10 hrs a day) and I am trying to gear up a new toon, it sure is hard, even harder then the first time since the average player have better geared now.
I can only imagine how this feels for new players or a player who just plays for a couple of hrs a day gearing and leveling up. It sure is easier to try skip some of the gear sets and leach the Forts, because the end game gear is cheaper and easier to obtain.

I have even see some people (streamers) level alot of toons and as soon as they hit level 40 and the bolstering is gone, they just start over. Looks like they enjoy the game, just not the end game. This big gear gap will just be unhealthy for the server over all in my opinion.

Dont get me wrong I do believe using time and gearing up is a big part of the fun adventure of any mmorpg, but the path needs to look achievable as well.